Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.09.2020, 01:35 AM   #3161
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Finishing up "Maid Marian and her Merry Men" season 1, after finishing up Tony Robinson's biography book,
Old 05.09.2020, 10:38 PM   #3162
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
In all honesty, I drunkenly fell asleep during the finale, so I'm trying again tonight with general equal amounts of alcohol but with equal intended results;

Alas, i should be okay
Old 05.14.2020, 03:45 PM   #3163
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I watched all available episodes of The Last Dance today, the Michael Jordan documentary. Great series! It was confusing at times though especially during the first few episodes, they keep jumping back and forth between seasons and at times I didn't know anymore what season they were talking about. It does make more sense later on.
Now I have to wait five days for the remaining two episodes... wouldn't it be great if he announced at the end that he will be returning once again?

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2020, 07:41 PM   #3164
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I watched all available episodes of The Last Dance today, the Michael Jordan documentary. Great series! It was confusing at times though especially during the first few episodes, they keep jumping back and forth between seasons and at times I didn't know anymore what season they were talking about. It does make more sense later on.
Now I have to wait five days for the remaining two episodes... wouldn't it be great if he announced at the end that he will be returning once again?

Definitely been loving this one too. They sort of claim it's a documentary about the last season, but really it's a documentary about everything that lead up to the end of the dynasty.
Old 05.15.2020, 03:13 AM   #3165
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses

This documentary was riveting and wicked! Warning, not for the faint-hearted.
Old 05.15.2020, 06:36 AM   #3166
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I was gonna start that until I realised I'd end up watching the remainder in weekly 1 show hits. Same reason I'm reluctant to start Ozark and pretty much sticking with series that've already finished their run.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2020, 06:49 AM   #3167
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I was gonna start that until I realised I'd end up watching the remainder in weekly 1 show hits.
You can watch it next week then, as far as I understood, when the final 2 episodes are broadcast

I'm now watching Love, Death + Robots, it's sort of a modern day Twilight Zone, short solitary episodes of max 15 minutes, mostly animated. Some are better than others but most of them are cool. My favourites so far were Ice Age and the one about yoghurt.

Old 05.15.2020, 07:47 AM   #3168
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You can watch it next week then, as far as I understood, when the final 2 episodes are broadcast

Great. Good to know. Thanks
Old 05.15.2020, 08:45 AM   #3169
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Great. Good to know. Thanks

Yeah you have 8 out of 10 available to you right now, with the final 2 coming Sunday night.
Old 05.15.2020, 08:57 AM   #3170
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses

Recently finished. Generally an intriguing docu-series with some endeavor to present the perspectives of both sides.

It did leave out a few important things though. It however does not delve into sensationalist depictions as much as say, Tiger King does.

Thoroughly interesting watch.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2020, 07:01 AM   #3171
_tunic_
invito al cielo

Here's a reminder just in case you've forgotten:

Tonight at 9PM is the Eurovision Songcontest, this year coming from Rotterdam!! Tune in to hear Jan, Chantal and Edsilia speak in a language for three hours that they can't pronounce, English. Hear all those marvellous songs that you don't want to hear. And then vote for the most annoying contestant.

I just listened to a bunch of this year's songs and Romania is my winner!! Best lyrics ever written, Bob Dylan, Bill Callahan they don't stand a chance!

Alcohol you when I'm drunk

Also, Ireland gave me an instant headache.so did Ukraine.
Georgia has a pretty cool song though. Belgium is good as well, they sent Hooverphonic, a band that exists for I don't know 20 years already but they change their singer every once in a while.

Australia??? I am willing to bet that Claire has a better voice! oh my god what a horrible voice that singer has. How was she voted? Jesus fucking christ just listen e.g. between 2:00 and 2:30 not one proper note. Singing sheep contestant number one?

Old 05.18.2020, 10:00 AM   #3172
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Here's a reminder just in case you've forgotten:

Tonight at 9PM is the Eurovision Songcontest, this year coming from Rotterdam!! Tune in to hear Jan, Chantal and Edsilia speak in a language for three hours that they can't pronounce, English. Hear all those marvellous songs that you don't want to hear. And then vote for the most annoying contestant.

I just listened to a bunch of this year's songs and Romania is my winner!! Best lyrics ever written, Bob Dylan, Bill Callahan they don't stand a chance!

Alcohol you when I'm drunk

Also, Ireland gave me an instant headache.so did Ukraine.
Georgia has a pretty cool song though. Belgium is good as well, they sent Hooverphonic, a band that exists for I don't know 20 years already but they change their singer every once in a while.

Australia??? I am willing to bet that Claire has a better voice! oh my god what a horrible voice that singer has. How was she voted? Jesus fucking christ just listen e.g. between 2:00 and 2:30 not one proper note. Singing sheep contestant number one?

I actually knew nothing of Eurovision until I saw it on Jack Whitehall's Adventures With My Fater a few years ago. With your post, and then the Will Farrell trailer over the weekend, my intrigue has grown quite a bit more. A mild rabbit hole dive yesterday led me to this, which I honestly am loving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFZNvj-HfBU

I think I am going to have to continue down this rabbit hole and check out the song list you linked...

Also, I binged Tales from the Loop over the weekend, and really liked it a lot more than I thought I would going into it. I thought it was quite a charming little series.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2020, 10:05 AM   #3173
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh

This documentary was riveting and wicked! Warning, not for the faint-hearted.

That whole case is so fucked up...
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2020, 08:40 AM   #3174
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i finally caved and started watching gilmore girls haaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2020, 09:13 AM   #3175
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Wasn't sure where this should go but here seems as good a place as any ...

Joe Rogan has signed a $100m+ deal to move his youtube channel to Spotify. I'm a fan of his show so it'll be a shame if the move makes it harder to access but either way, it's surely the biggest deal so far for a podcaster. Not even sure a presenter in trad media could land a deal that big right now.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...ify-2020-05-20
Old 05.21.2020, 10:07 AM   #3176
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

I support financially on a monthly basis a healthy number of smaller independent podcasts through Patreon subscriptions. Nothing anywhere close to Rogan's numbers though.
Old 05.21.2020, 10:38 AM   #3177
demonrail666
invito al cielo

He's meant to make $30m a year already. That's insane when you consider 90% of his guests are far from famous.
Old 05.21.2020, 05:53 PM   #3178
Silver ✴ Rocket
little trouble girl

Silver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's asses
I don't find Joe Rogan particularly interesting or even funny.
But I guess millions disagree with me.
Silver ✴ Rocket is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2020, 06:56 PM   #3179
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I don't find him especially funny and he's all over the place politically, but he does get interesting people on, and the long, usually single-guest format of his podcasts, along with his quite unique interview style, seems to get the best out of them. His recent interview with Elon Musk, which caused quite a stir over his views on the lockdown, was brilliant and revealed more about him as a person than i'd seen in any interview he'd done elsewhere.
Old 05.21.2020, 08:39 PM   #3180
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver ✴ Rocket
I don't find Joe Rogan particularly interesting or even funny.
But I guess millions disagree with me.

I listen to lots of podcast and I never gave Joe a chance. Honestly, I really don’t know a thing about Joe Rogan. Then six months ago or so I downloaded his show to hear a guest on one episode. I can’t recall who, but it was entertaining! I left Rogans show on my podcast app and listened a few days in a row. The show was okay, but I had other things I wanted to listen to. I deleted Joe’s show from my podcast app and hadn’t given him another thought.

Quote:
He's meant to make $30m a year already. That's insane when you consider 90% of his guests are far from famous.

I’ll start by saying I’m now the old man in the club when it comes to “watching” podcast. I honestly have zero desire to watch someone talk. No doubt it’s intriguing to watch a show as it’s being produced, but not everyday! I currently have 44 individual shows on my podcast app.

100 million is insane, but he must have the clicks / downloads to justify it! I find the best interviews are those from the not so famous people. I started listening to one guys podcast that was mostly a forensic approach to world currencies and their affect on the markets. This guy was renting time from Westwood One Studio in Kansas City, selling advertising time on his podcast and making $60k+ a year. Well, once he hit 18k daily downloads, Westwood One offered a contract and moved him out to San Diego where the Westwood One mega podcast studio is located. He now makes $250k per year for doing two one hour shows each week.

Everyone is desperate for content and are willing to pay just about anyone who can generate clicks and downloads!
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
109149156157158 159 160161162169 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth