Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Call Or Text This Cleveland Station
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.06.2006, 06:11 PM   #1
imarriedasuccubus
empty page

imarriedasuccubus has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
On August 3rd (last Thursday), The so-called alternative radio station in Cleveland, Ohio hosted Kuyahoga. The band that we all know is the most influential band ever was on the bill-BUT THE STATION NEVER PLAYS THEM, EVEN WHEN MYSELF AND OTHERS IN THE AREA REQUEST THEM.
They have a voicemail # for feedback on their music list (216-861-1115). Their studio # is 216-578-0092. You can also text a band and song title request to K-R-O-K.
imarriedasuccubus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2006, 06:41 PM   #2
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
That happens all the time. Stations host TONS of shows for bands that they never play, they do it simply to promote the station. I work in the radio industry and believe me, that kind of thing happens a lot. Jocks don't decide what to play in the corporate industry, program directors (who have lucrative deals with music industry promoters) pick the playlists, and the modern rock 'alternative' format doesn't usually consist of any decent music because of this. Leaving feedback generally doesn't change too much unfortunately, these things are all upper management decisions, trust me... they don't care. And that's why corporate radio sucks.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2006, 08:52 PM   #3
dark heat
empty page

dark heat ain't too shabby
to be fair, this is easily the best radio station in Cleveland. doesn't mean it's actually good, though. decent at best.
Old 08.07.2006, 08:22 AM   #4
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
fucked up in Cleveland
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 06:17 PM   #5
imarriedasuccubus
empty page

My point exactly. The quote you used was my username until it got the axe for containing a version of the FUCK word.
Old 08.07.2006, 06:19 PM   #6
imarriedasuccubus
empty page

Call These Bastards Anyway, You Should Be Heard.
Old 08.12.2006, 03:07 PM   #7
imarriedasuccubus
empty page

'cause Ohio Needs Yr Help.
Old 08.12.2006, 03:09 PM   #8
imarriedasuccubus
empty page

Text Sy Songs To "57625" To Better The Cleveland Airwaves.
Old 08.13.2006, 03:34 PM   #9
Kallisti23chaos
children of satan

Kallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's asses
Cleveland,Ohio is a drag and so was "The Kuyahoga Fest" was to Xcept when Sonic Youth played.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth