Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.17.2011, 09:49 PM   #3661
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Just bought...

and...

and...

and...

Sooooooo I should be busy for a while.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.20.2011, 09:07 PM   #3662
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2011, 01:57 PM   #3663
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Even with the GC controller, this game doesn't play as smoothly as Melee, which is a total bummer. The roster is more diverse, and has less clones but the game pace feels much slower, and they got rid of the L-cancelling! What a sack of fuck...how did Nintendo mess this up? *sigh*
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2011, 02:29 PM   #3664
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses

by far my favorite non-arcade basketball game.

just starting out - for the first time ever - seriously. Not sure why I've put this off for so long. But it's as good as I always hoped.

Also, I just bought another PSP.
Old 01.21.2011, 03:00 PM   #3665
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
einhander

all those classics collections, like the mega man one

symphony of the night

....these are some of my favorite games ever!

Yes, NR, EINHANDER is my favorite shooter of all time.

I don't really check this thread anymore, but I wanted to pop in and say that.

PAX:

CAPCOM CLASSICS COLLECTION VOLUMES 1 AND 2 got more play from me than, well, any game on the PS2, just about. You know it's a shame how many games they're missing, there's a HUGE lack of 2D fighters and obscure unreleased games, like arcade games. No Strider 2? I mean, COME THE FUCK ON! The biggseinenwen? er.. the biggest omission? FINAL FIGHTER II AND III. I mean, what were they thinking?

Anyway, goddamn I LOVE those Mega Man collections. I have beaten Mega Man 1-8. I bet I put 30-40 hours into that thing before I unlocked EVERYTHING though. Strangely, I find 8 the hardest (only when you get to Wiley's Tower though, the snowboarding autoscrolling level is nearly impossible). I think the music is so amazing in that game, though. Why the FUCK didn't they use the Saturn version, though? It had better graphics (way better, incuot lkt the wate usrn v.... uh, just look at the water in the Saturn version. I type so fast that my computer slows down and that's why there's gibberish!). Also, CUTSMAN and WOODMAN were in the Saturn Mega Man.

Also, PSX owners kinda got shafted, the PSX version had some shitty song unlockable or some garbage, while the Cube version had G4 ICONS: MEGA MAN, which -- while a bit boring -- is fun to watch. 24 minutes long, though about halfway through, the thing becomes abit negative with people saying, "I don't know ANYONE who STILL plays Mega Man games but they have to be selling a little bit for Capcom to keep making them." You know what? Fuck you, man. I'll take a classic Mega Man game over Gears of Boring Wank Bullshit part Infinity.

They really should have:

- Added the Mega Man gameboy games. Mega man 1-3 are the same, er.. downgraded versions. I think 4 is when they become complpetely different games. Pretty fun games, at that. Hell, why not have just put every Game Boy game? It's not like they take up any space. Plus it'd be fun to play em on your tv.

- Added the Saturn Mega Man, like I said, but also added the PlayStation Mega Man 8 book. There was a commemorative anniversary book with bios of every single boss. This thing was indispensably awesome and was lost when the GREATEST HITS version rolled around.

- Added MEGA MAN: THE WILEY WARS. The graphically updated versions of 1-3 were downright awesome. The game was a wee bit slower, so they could've sped it up. But seriously, it was like a Mario All-Stars upgrade! Also, the Wiley Wars was a COMPLETELY NEW GAME! (okay, okay, a really really short game, mainly just boss fights, but eh).

- Had a thing where you could listen to every Mega Man song ever -- remixes and original.

- Had more art, more history, more videos, more more more!

- No Mega Man Drum n Bass or wahtever the fuck it was called? I mean, come on!

BTW, the arcade fighter fighting game sucks, but part 2 is actually amazing. You get to play as Proto Man! It was easy as shit but yeah.

I love those games so much. I remember buying the X collection the day it came out for $30. Fucker goes for $90 last I checked. Weird. Besides immediately noticing they ruined X3's music (no original SNES tunes, just the remixes), it's a cool package. The X games are better, in theory (you get to slide around and fly around and stick to walls) but you know what? Some of 'em are too damn hard. It's not the games themselves, it's PARTS of the game. Like, I can blaze through X1 and X4, but the final boss on X4 is literally impossible. As far X1, you have to f ight 10 bosses in a row. You hae to do that in all of the X games, but when the 4th boss (SIGMA'S DOG!) is harder than Sigma, even with all upgrades... well....

Also, the shorykun is stupid. You have to get all upgrades, then you can only use it when COMPLETELY energized (which is, well, never, since it's impossible not to get hit a billion times). Then you can use it once. You perform it like a real shoryuken! Which is awkward as fuck!

X4 and X5 and... X6, I guess, are all a bit unfairly maligned. I spent July or August of this year playing through 'em. They certainly have tons of fun sections, but saving all the reploids and collecting parts and stuff.. it seemed really.. cold. Kinda boring. You can duck in them, which is weird. I highly reccomend unlocking the special characters in X5 and X6, makes the game really fun. There's ,like, a Black Zero and some insane superpowered X. Heheh.

Oh yeah -- the hidden game. Battle and Chase. Sucks.

joe,
Brawl is technically a bit better than Melee, but there's something about it I don't like. Can't put my finger on it. I think it's the INSTANT KILLS. I think you can turn them off, but there's those weird things that kill you instantly. Anyway, they clipped Fox, who is my fucking character (I nearly won a 256-person Melee tourney, I got to the final 16 or so with Fox. I have never even owned Melee!). But with Brawl, I can barely do shit with Fox. I prefer Metaknight. Either way, Brawl feels like more of the same, they just seemed to ruin the best parts of Melee while they were at it and add extremely unwanted features. Very stupid in parts. Melee is my personal fav. I am REALLY surprised they never made a DS Smash Bros. I always laugh when people say they prefer Smash Bros. 64 though. That game is way too slow and awkward. It feels nearly unplayable after getting into Melee.

DUST IN ORBIT:

you don't need special files to play psx roms in that psx emulator. Yoiu just need .bins and .cues right? I think you can just load em up. On the olde y nturuttuw,ust load upe d .cue... no problemn.

Uh, sorry. I think on older versions of the emulator, you had to burn a disc and then load the disc in the emu. Nowadays, you can simply load the .bin/.cue.

EMUPARADISE has every single psx rom ever, aside from a few superobscure ones. SNESORAMA has the rest.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2011, 03:06 PM   #3666
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
also, NR, if you're just playing Collossus for the first time ever, why did you say that one time that Ico isn't as good as Collossus? I think that was you.

Anyway... Ico is in my top 5 games ever. The most mindblowing game of last generation, I bought a PS2 specifically for ico. Collossus is pretty cool too, but is definitely a stepdown. The controls fart out a bit at times. Also, I found it a bit too long for something so easy and simple. Presentation-wise, it might be the best game ever -- what a soundtrack. WHAT AN ATMOSPHERE. But there's just not much to do in it. I guess the coolest part is...

SPOILERS

Boss.. 13 I believe. He never attacks you at all. The music is very sad after you kill him brutally. He has the most beautiful look. He never does a thing. Gameplaywise, this is insane -- which I dig, you know -- almost in a Hideo Kojima way. Like, "LOOK AT THIS! YOU JUST KILLED THIS BEAUTIFUL CREATURE! HE NEVER EVEN WANTED TO HURT YOU! WHY ARE YOU FUCKING DOING THIS YOU BLOODTHIRSTY INSANE PERSON?!" The end seems to REALLY throw this in your face. Which is nothing short of genius. I felt like I was playing Tecmo's Deception or something, if you get my drift. Evil, baby!

END SPOILERS

Ico is a game you never get tired of. I actually think Collossus is pretty fun at times, especially if you just say you're going to beat one boss a day or something. The final boss is the greatest boss fight ever.

You know, the next Zelda game could learn a LOT from Ico AND Shadow. Imagine Link fighting a boss like in Shadow. Imagine Link solving puzzles like in Ico.

Anyway, Ico is a game I will never tire of. I've beaten it 6 times now. It's a bit short -- about 7 hours -- but seeing huge crumbling castles, hearing that HAUNTING AS HELOOTNSD ATMOSPHERIC SOUNDTRACK. Some of the incidental sounds are UUUUUU-like. Very cool. Also, the puzzles are just genius. Just fucking flat-out motherfucking genius.

Also, PSP, eh? You know what to do: Lumines.

Anyway, I'm stepping out of this thread again now. I'll check back in a few more months. Have fun everyone!

Old 01.21.2011, 03:41 PM   #3667
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
ah too bad Adam I have responses for you.

1. the GCN Mega Man Anniversary Collection sucks cuz they swapped A and B buttons.

2. I unlocked the fighting games already on the PS2 disc. They're really easy (beat them fast) but fun.

3. I've never played Ico either, so I dn't think that was me?

4. Yeah I'm already on the hunt for Lumines!!!!
Old 01.23.2011, 10:12 PM   #3668
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Old 01.24.2011, 01:12 AM   #3669
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
I'm playing fallout 3 new vegas. Yes, its way too easy, and i give much respect (light a gamer candle).

I will next look on to red dead redemption for its equal ease in mass slaughter/quest appeal with the allure of the wild west, even if charles bronson isnt there.

otherwise, its to dragonage 2 I look. yes.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2011, 03:45 AM   #3670
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Wii: Super Smash Bros Brawl - Okay, so it's not as fast as Melee, and they got rid of the L-Canceling... still a damn fine game. I'm having much more fun with this now that I've had actual people to play against.

HOTD: 2 + 3 - 'Nuff Said.

Wii Sports Resort: Much more fun than expected. My friend and I just killed hours with this one. Ass rapes the original Wii Sports.

Then some Wiiware Demos. I'm gonna need to score a point card soon.

N64: Starfox 64: Is there anything about this game that isn't classic? It's a fucking travesty that my cartridge is glitching out.

Wave Race 64: Reminds me of my doctor's office when I was a kid.
Old 01.25.2011, 11:14 AM   #3671
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBcrTucxiRc
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2011, 06:11 PM   #3672
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Old 01.25.2011, 06:29 PM   #3673
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Joe: Miyamoto's favorite game of his own is StarFox64. Isn't that crazy? It's a cool game, but I never would've thought, you know? I actually played through it again about a year ago, before I gave away my N64 for free (I was only keeping it for Goldeneye) when I went through my whole "I'm giving away everything I own for free" spree, which still hasn't ended yet, but no one seems interested in thousands of experimental cd-r's and hundreds of underground movies that don't even have 1 rating on imdb. Oh well.

Old 01.25.2011, 07:00 PM   #3674
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Y'know? It actually sorta makes a lot of sense. About Miyamoto. He's always seemed very into the idea of a game having it's own extemely unique, and vast world. Which StarFox definitely has, but it also has killer arcade like gameplay... which Miyamoto is obviously a fan of. The StarFox universe is so silly, yet it takes itself very seriously. I can see him getting behind that, even sentimentally. Maybe I'm full of it though. ha

They're remaking it in 3d for the 3DS. I can't fucking wait! Same with OOT. That system is going to be absolutely insane, I've been watching all these plugs for it on my Wii's Nintendo Channel. It's launching with two 3D Resident Evil games.... how sick is that!!! 3D Bust A Move also sounds like a must-have. OMG Oh and the 3-D camera on it! Oh and the gyroscopic shit they put in it, so you can control it's games like a Wii or Kirby's Tilt n tumble. Oh, and the throwback to the NES MAX controller! Nintendo is so on the ball with this thing.

Touch screen + Motion control + 3D games + NES MAX-like thumb pad thing + the abiility to use "apps" = win win win win win win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKnk_MU906w

I don't give a fuck that they're asking for $250 right off the bat. I gotta have this thing.

Oh and if you really wanna discard some DVD-R's...y'know I'd jizz all over em.
Old 01.25.2011, 09:11 PM   #3675
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Old 01.26.2011, 02:15 AM   #3676
a-p a. niemi
the destroyed room

a-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's asses

Old 01.26.2011, 06:55 AM   #3677
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't been plaing anything. i updated my ps3 so I can't play anything!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2011, 08:52 AM   #3678
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I haven't been plaing anything. i updated my ps3 so I can't play anything!

why'd you do that?

BTW -- the whole master keys thing is real deal. They signed TN HEN for PSP, which means you can have OFW but can actually enable homebrew right from the XMB man. You don't even have to use an exploit or anything. Signed homebrew! Crazy right?
Old 01.26.2011, 08:57 AM   #3679
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
why'd you do that?

BTW -- the whole master keys thing is real deal. They signed TN HEN for PSP, which means you can have OFW but can actually enable homebrew right from the XMB man. You don't even have to use an exploit or anything. Signed homebrew! Crazy right?

well my friend came over and he brought over BlackOps...which.....required an update(3.50). There's another patch(3.55) which will still let me do the mod but need an internet connection at my apartment....which I do not have. So one of these days I'll stop back home to l00t iternets
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2011, 09:42 AM   #3680
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I see. The whole signed homebrew loader thing is amazing. I have almost the newest OFW on my PSP even. I'm running 6.20, which I needed to play Half Minute Hero. I think newest is 6.35
134174181182183 184 185186187194234 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth