Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Battle Of Millbank Towers
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.10.2010, 08:05 PM   #21
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
good article by nina power here

featuring this gem in the comments section:

Why did the Police decide to use kettling tactics?

This tactic, what I thought the police were reviewing, more often than not enflames rather than defuses.

I note that Police spokespersons were very quickly on the mike warning the Govt that any reduction in police numbers would make them less able to deal with street disturbances. The students were kettled in front of a poorly police defended Tory Milbank.

Coincidence?

LOL. i so want that to be true. could the police really be that cunning?
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 08:17 PM   #22
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I was down there in the courtyard of Millbank today, i was sort of towards the left near the back (Look at me describing it like a gig) and i wasnt expecting anything like what happened.
I dont think many the students knew that the people dotted around with face masks and other items of facial covering were anarchists, probably because it was the first ever protest for alot of them and they were having quite a nice nippy hippy dippy day out, so when it went a bit crazy there was alot of slightly bemused cheering, at least in the bit i was.

Once it started moving down past Parliament it kinda split up and a load of loud people went down a side street past a gym owned by Duncan Bannatyne off Dragons Den (Now THAT would have been good to see smashed up) whilst the rest of us went on up to Millbank where people just crowded in.
I saw the "fire extinguisher" being chucked but i was sure it was a traffic cone or bollard (Kay Burley informed us otherwise, anus of wisdom that she is). Then again i was sure one of the main things breaking the windows were some large oranges, maybe i had orange things on the brain today or something.

Anyway, when i left everything had been pretty much taken over and the police wouldnt let you back in once you left.

I mean im a graduate and i feel so sorry for those kids that were there (most of them seemed really young, 16-19 or so), just having the consequences of all these almighty fuck ups dumped on them, most of them have probably never been old enough to vote before.

If you see anyone in a dark blue fishing hat in the pictures thats me.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2010, 08:24 PM   #23
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
i listened to kay burleys shit all day on sky news. disgrace to journalism and an embarrassment to herself as usual.
Old 11.11.2010, 03:54 AM   #24
ni'k
invito al cielo

would i be a criminal if i had a dream about what happened yesterday happening on a massive scale and to the daily mail offices and parliament?

you know it doesn't even matter. the notion is morally despicable.

here's what im going to do to atone

im going to stand in front of the mirror and flagellate myself with a riding crop while screaming:
"DON'T YOU WANT TO BE A CELEBRITY? DON'T YOU WANT TO BE A CELEBRITY? DON'T YOU HATE YOURSELF? DON'T YOU WANT TO BE A FUCKING CELEBRITY? YOU'RE UGLY YOU NEED MORE CLOTHES. GO SHOPPING TOMMOROW! GO SHOPPING TOMMOROW! OUR BRAVE LADS ARE EXTRACTING YOUR HUMAN RIGHTS FROM THE CORPSES OF THE AFGHANI'S THEY JUST MURDERED. DON'T YOU WANT TO BE A CELEBRITY? DON'T YOU WANT TO BE A FUCKING CELEBRITY? THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE. THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE. THE FREE MARKET SOLVES ALL HUMAN NEED. THE FREE MARKET SOLVES ALL HUMAN NEED. DON'T YOU WANT TO BE A FUCKING CELEBRITY? DON'T YOU WANT TO ENJOY YOUR SELF? DON'T YOU WANT TO BE A FUCKING CELEBRITY? DON'T YOU WANT TO DRINK YOURSELF TO UNCONSCIOUSNESS EVERY WEEKEND SO YOU CAN DREAM YOUR HEALTH AND ANNUAL SALARY IS ACTUALLY GOING TO IMPROVE? DON'T YOU WANT TO BE A FUCKING CELEBRITY?"

it will be like that whitehouse track dumping the fucking rubbish. exactly like that.
Old 11.11.2010, 07:50 AM   #25
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/la...ure-riot-crowd

Good article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2010, 09:09 AM   #26
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice

Nice, thanks.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2010, 08:53 PM   #27
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I watched Question Time tonight, and it would never have been the lead question were it not for the destruction.

But its essential to repeat

MOST OF THE KIDS ON THE MARCH WERE 15-19 YEARS OLD

They didnt even have the chance to vote for this shit

Old 11.11.2010, 10:00 PM   #28
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
I watched Question Time tonight, and it would never have been the lead question were it not for the destruction.

But its essential to repeat

MOST OF THE KIDS ON THE MARCH WERE 15-19 YEARS OLD

They didnt even have the chance to vote for this shit

but they're being fucked over? yes no?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2010, 10:04 PM   #29
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
but they're being fucked over? yes no?

very much yes, and the vast majority of them who were of voting age voted for the Lib Dems, and then the Lib Dems went back on this particular piece of legislation. Theyve screwed their vote amongst young people for the next couple of elections

Old 11.11.2010, 10:13 PM   #30
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
well i warned them

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 04:30 AM   #31
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
On Wednesday 24th November, The National Campaign Against Fees and Cuts (NCAFC) has called for a National day of action by students and other groups across London – this is expected to be comparable to the demonstration held by the NUS on Wednesday 10th November.

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth