Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Electric Factory poster
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.02.2009, 04:32 PM   #21
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
my favorite poster....one of 'em at least....so effin' awesome.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 02:35 PM   #22
malefactor
little trouble girl

malefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's asses
so, how was the philly show? setlist anyone?
malefactor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 02:44 PM   #23
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

luckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard sucka
I can't remember the exact order of the songs, but they started with Catholic Block, then did all the songs from the Eternal except for Thunderclap, then Death Valley '69 (!). First encore was The Sprawl and 'Cross the Breeze, and second encore was Thunderclap and Silver Rocket.

and we looked
and we passed
through the hallway of shatterproof glass
luckynumber9 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 03:03 PM   #24
Insignificant
empty page

Insignificant has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
First Sonic Youth show, for me and the people I was with. Effing spectacular experience.

The audience reaction to the freakout at the middle of "Silver Rocket" was perfect, and in a roundabout way extremely funny. "Massage the History" was also a somewhat bizarre experience, in that I felt like I was being tossed headlong into a '60s spy flick...

I really liked the Entrance Band; Kurt Vile, however, did not impress me.
Insignificant is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 03:33 PM   #25
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

luckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard sucka
Catholic Block
Sacred Trickster
What We Know
Calming the Snake
No Way
Antenna
Leaky Lifeboat
Malibu Gas Station
Poison Arrow
Anti-Orgasm
Walkin Blue
Massage the History
Death Valley '69

The Sprawl
'Cross the Breeze

Thunderclap
Silver Rocket
Old 07.03.2009, 03:37 PM   #26
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
show was pretty awesome. kurt vile was kind of a letdown. though i liked the last song he did. the entrance band were really tight. i liked them. i loved the way the bassist chick danced and moved, it was pretty seductive and mysterious

sonik tooth rocked. my favorite part was definitely when they played Leaky Lifeboat. i KNEW that song was going to be insane EXTREMELY LOUD. and it fucking rocked. though i was disappointed they didn't end Cross The Breeze the way it originally ended in the album (with the feedback)

overall, good show. number 4 for me. took a friend who has never heard the band, and he was impressed
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 03:37 PM   #27
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber9
Catholic Block
Sacred Trickster
What We Know
Calming the Snake
No Way
Antenna
Leaky Lifeboat
Malibu Gas Station
Poison Arrow
Anti-Orgasm
Walkin Blue
Massage the History
Death Valley '69

The Sprawl
'Cross the Breeze

Thunderclap
Silver Rocket

yup, that looks about right. thank you for posting that!

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 03:49 PM   #28
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, it was a really great show, but I never expect anything less from SY. I was upset that there was no Tom Violence or PCH, but Catholic Block and DV69 are just as great. The Eternal songs all bettered the studio versions, imo, especially No Way and Thunderclap, which I don't like on the album all too much. I'm glad they've been playing the entire album (for the most part anyway) on this tour so far.

Kurt Vile was pretty eh. The Entrance Band impressed me on a few songs. I loved the last one they did. Something like "I know the grim reaper, he's a good friend of mine." It sounded like something The Gun Club would do.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 05:20 PM   #29
DJ Spankrock
empty page

DJ Spankrock has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber9
Catholic Block
Sacred Trickster
What We Know
Calming the Snake
No Way
Antenna
Leaky Lifeboat
Malibu Gas Station
Poison Arrow
Anti-Orgasm
Walkin Blue
Massage the History
Death Valley '69

The Sprawl
'Cross the Breeze

Thunderclap
Silver Rocket

yup, that looks about right. thank you for posting that!

Yes, thanks for posting. I've been searching all day for the set list.

Great show. I hope we don't have to wait another year before they come back to Philly.

Before this tour when was the last time they did DV69???
DJ Spankrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2009, 12:16 AM   #30
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Spankrock
Yes, thanks for posting. I've been searching all day for the set list.

Great show. I hope we don't have to wait another year before they come back to Philly.

Before this tour when was the last time they did DV69???

I think the night before?

Old 07.04.2009, 07:31 PM   #31
gregmcg1983
empty page

gregmcg1983 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
trying one more time to post a link to my photos of the show. maybe i can't post URLs? or maybe i'm just TOO REAL.

nah

flickr DOT com SLASH photos SLASH gregmcgarvey
gregmcg1983 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2009, 11:30 PM   #32
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
Cool set but as far as old stuff nothing there I haven't seen before lol.

DV 69 would of been cool to see again though but they really need to dust off some more old shit they haven't done in a while.

Not really diggin the new stuff so I blew off the show and went to see the Germs in Asbury Park the next night.

Got pretty hammered and hung out with Pat after the show what a great night lol.
Old 07.05.2009, 09:43 PM   #33
jamboree
empty page

jamboree kicks all y'all's assesjamboree kicks all y'all's assesjamboree kicks all y'all's assesjamboree kicks all y'all's assesjamboree kicks all y'all's assesjamboree kicks all y'all's assesjamboree kicks all y'all's assesjamboree kicks all y'all's assesjamboree kicks all y'all's assesjamboree kicks all y'all's assesjamboree kicks all y'all's asses
OK, I'm gonna be the one to complain like a bitch, I do apologize...

I was at this show and while I expected to hear new material, I didn't expect them to play the entire LP, straight through (albeit in a different order). Honestly, it was tiring and boring, especially since I listened to the new album straight through on the car ride there. I would have liked to hear a few more classics to keep things interesting and fun.

Overall it was the worst SY concert I've been to. I don't know what it is about the Electric Factory, but from my experience concerts there always bring out the worst crowds and shit setlists. I do agree that DV69 and the encore was good, but still could have been better (Thunderclap is the one song I hate off the Eternal).

Oh and for the record, I did enjoy Kurt Vile, but loathed the Entrance Band. That guy should never attempt to sing lead vocals on anything.
jamboree is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2009, 11:49 PM   #34
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboree
OK, I'm gonna be the one to complain like a bitch, I do apologize...

I was at this show and while I expected to hear new material, I didn't expect them to play the entire LP, straight through (albeit in a different order). Honestly, it was tiring and boring, especially since I listened to the new album straight through on the car ride there. I would have liked to hear a few more classics to keep things interesting and fun.

Overall it was the worst SY concert I've been to. I don't know what it is about the Electric Factory, but from my experience concerts there always bring out the worst crowds and shit setlists. I do agree that DV69 and the encore was good, but still could have been better (Thunderclap is the one song I hate off the Eternal).

Oh and for the record, I did enjoy Kurt Vile, but loathed the Entrance Band. That guy should never attempt to sing lead vocals on anything.

Yeah, to be honest I thought that it wasn't their best show either (in fact, yeah, it was also the worst one I've been to) There were a lot of mistakes in the set and it was slightly annoying to hear the entire album with no breaks at once. When I met Thurston briefly after the show he joked about how they were still trying to master their new stuff. Oh well. It was still worth it. I must admit that I'm a completely sucker for Cross the Breeze so hearing that live again totally made my night.

Old 07.06.2009, 12:03 AM   #35
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
i thought they pulled off Leaky Lifeboat pretty well..
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2009, 02:00 AM   #36
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

Review and lots of pictures from the show here:

http://www.phrequency.com/blog/Sonic...lly_Young.html

and we looked
and we passed
through the hallway of shatterproof glass

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth