Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth as Grateful Dead
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.30.2006, 01:13 PM   #1
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...c/14922022.htm

...somewhere in Kansas a thesaurus is earning its money.......
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 01:21 PM   #2
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Unlike the Dead, the band’s jams were exploratory without being self-indulgent

Hah, true.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 01:22 PM   #3
Anarchos
empty page

Anarchos ain't too shabby
Sweet! Youth-heads...
Anarchos is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 01:43 PM   #4
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i love the grateful dead!
i used to sleep in this shirt as a kid

and i had another huge one that said "pumpkin head" on it. my mum and dad are the biggest Grateful dead fans though.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 01:54 PM   #5
Anarchos
empty page

Anarchos ain't too shabby
My friend's grandpa toured with the Dead and actually helped to create the logo (not to mention manufacture and distribute hundreds of thousands of hits of acid).
Old 06.30.2006, 01:56 PM   #6
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Interesting review.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 03:04 PM   #7
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfreepress (sdasher)
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...c/14922022.htm

...somewhere in Kansas a thesaurus is earning its money.......

Thanks. It reminded me of these SY/GD comments by Thurston:

THURSTON: I'm telling you, man, if we're going to go on tour with Phish ...
KIM: It's too flower hippies.
THURSTON: But you have to buy into flower hippies because flower hippies are the only way we're going to make money in the future.
JUTTA: Oh, good.
THURSTON: Because Phish sell millions. We sell hundreds. We have to sell millions.
JUTTA: Phish?
KIM: Do they sell millions? I think they have lots of people coming to their concerts.
THURSTON: No, they sell millions. They've usurped the Grateful Dead's audience, which is the audience that we should have usurped, but we weren't as clever as them.
KIM: So this is all about making money?
THURSTON: This is all about making money.
JUTTA: Oh, I see. Is that a driving force?
THURSTON: Money? Not creatively. But it's a driving force for ambitions. I want to tour with Phish because the kind of music we make is more in tune with their aesthetic than it is with any K-Rock or Geffen rock aesthetic. So it's only fair to us, and to that audience. We deserve each other. And I think we can expand their horizon, although they can do nothing for us.
JUTTA: This expansion you're describing ...
THURSTON: Expansion of our market.
JUTTA: But you have other outlets that are the opposite of that expansion.
KIM: You mean, doing improv stuff?
JUTTA: Yeah, improv ... or just floating through the noise.
THURSTON: The local experimental noise scene that we've always been involved with is more referential to post-Grateful Dead listening habits. So it makes sense to me that we'd be able to bring what we do with free improvisation and experimental music into a big arena. And the only arena that exists is the arena that the Dead created, and that Phish have bit into. We want in. We should have in to that. It's just not fair. It's not fair for the kids because they deserve us, in a way.

That's from this interview: http://www.indexmagazine.com/intervi...on_moore.shtml

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 04:08 PM   #8
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Ha ha....apples and oranges.
Old 06.30.2006, 04:13 PM   #9
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks, Hip, I hadn't seen that before.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth