Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Gigs you went to where the headliner didn't show up
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.01.2024, 03:00 AM   #1
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Not gigs that were cancelled in advance but where the audience found out after arriving that the main act wouldn't show up.

Sylvain Sylvain was scheduled to do a free show once so i decided to go. A guy gets up on stage and says "Good evening. Sylvain Sylvain did not show up." He encouraged us to stay for the local band that was supposed to open but would now, in effect, be the headliner. Since that band sucked, I left.

A guy I knew in school once traveled two and a half hours in the rain to see Dan Fogelberg, only to arrive to find the show was cancelled, apparently at the last minute. He got what he deserved.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2024, 03:11 PM   #2
MisterTrick
little trouble girl

MisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's asses
Aug 1st 2006 9:30 Club: the transformer and power decided to leave on a 100F day

Sleater-Kinney on their farewell tour, opening band Rogers Sisters played, then a guy gets on stage saying the transformer outside blew up and we had to evacuate, S-K did ultimately reschedule a couple days later but yeah
MisterTrick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2024, 06:00 AM   #3
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I'm subscribed to someone's YT channel who regularly posts live videos of concerts. His latest is of the Sisters Of Mercy that were supposed to play my hometown last week. But the description of the video says:

Quote:
We were supposed to see The Sisters of Mercy in Eindhoven, Netherlands. However, Andrew thought it was a better idea to get drunk and stoned and cancel the gig at the moment they had to start playing. Virgin Marys were the support act, they started too late and played too long while the organization was trying to get Andrew back on his feet again. We were already getting suspicious as a few days before (January 25th) in Gent in Belgium he also was not able to perform. We were sent home. Thanks Andrew!

The venue's site has published a new date in June.

I fortunately never had the headliner cancel on me, or I buried it so deep into my brain that I forgot about it. One time I was lucky though, at this festival (one of those free ones where bands play all over town) there were three bands scheduled at a venue. The second dropped out, so the third one who were the only ones I wanted to see were asked to play two slots. Oddly enough, they did take like a half hour break in between those sets, to keep up with the original time schedule.

does it count if one band member doesn't show up? Once I traveled to Lille to see Silver Mt. Zion, and Sophie wasn't in the band. She had to return home earlier. I assume for a good reason.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2024, 04:27 PM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
joanna newsom owes me 600 miles of driving and a night of hotel hahaha

fuck....
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth