Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Happy 80th Birthday Chuck Berry!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.18.2006, 10:54 AM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY CHUCK BERRY!

watch on You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_1qpJZfXV8
Old 10.18.2006, 12:09 PM   #2
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
cool!

i'm currently learning to play johnny b goode, and it makes me feel badass whenever i do. The fuckin man
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2006, 12:48 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
To me Chuck berry is the true father of Rock N Roll

Elvis was the biggest first, but he did not specialize in ROCKIN.
little richard was the first flamboyant over the top personality but he played the piano, not the guitar. (originally rock n roll lead insturments were sax and piano. Chuck Berry got that guitar to shove the rock up the kid's asses 60 years ago.)
Chuck Berry riffed it rock style.

for anyone who wants a primer, go and buy THE GREAT 28, which you can find on CD value saver for under $9.00 in most places.
Old 10.18.2006, 02:07 PM   #4
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
I completly agree Rob, Chuck Berry is the real father of rock and roll. He put so much energy an draw blasts into guitar playing. Still as enjoyable today. He's also one of the influences of punk when you think about it too. He had all these enrgetic songs based around 3 chords usually.

I recently got his Great 28 and love it, so many good songs on it. I really like his songs "brown eyed handsome man", "thiry days", "maybellene", "school days", "come on" and "little queenie" for their raw feeling. Then he has this great contrast with beautiful music and lyrics with "memphis" and "havana moon". These songs have all been puton repeat a bunch.

Is chuck still performing live? I'd kill to see his music in a live settting, i wouldnt care the cost.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2006, 02:50 PM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

chuck still performs in his hometown once a week and flies out to gigs. he is 80 years old and wil still put on a hell of a show.
I like "too much monkey business" and "maybellene" because of the way theyr rock and swing at the same time. I like how he will screw with the meter and riff it up real fast and then bring it slowly to match the band.

HAIL HAIL ROCK N ROLL, the docu film about keith richards putting together a top notch band to play with Chuck on his birthday is a blast. Berry is an ornery mo-fo!
There are some segments in that movie where it is just chuck playing his guitar and he is playing jazz songs, and they are so goddamn beautiful. amazing guitarist.
Old 10.18.2006, 03:15 PM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
yeah!

happy birthday to the most rocking geezer on the planet
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2006, 03:21 PM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

when chuck berry is 90 he would still rock harder than paul mcCartney from 1970-present
Old 10.18.2006, 03:24 PM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha, paul mccartney, composer of ballads.

surely chuck rocks way harder.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2006, 01:52 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
this is the motherfucker that invented rock and roll! still doin it too, every third sunday in St Louis.

"you know they never stopped rockin, goin around and round, just screamin and a rockin, what a crazy sound, you know they never stopped rockin, till the moon went down!"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2006, 08:29 AM   #10
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
what a guy!

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2006, 08:34 AM   #11
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
yeah great happy Birthday
uummm yes
Old 10.20.2006, 08:57 AM   #12
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
My favorite rock n roller who watches people go pee.
SRSLY though chuck rules. Happy Birthday CHUCK
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth