Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page People that buy FutureMusic/MusicTech Magazines...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.25.2008, 04:17 AM   #1
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Do you have continuous problems with the sample discs that come with these magazines? Sometimes I try them on every DVD drive in the house and they either crash the computer or I get an error saying it cannot read the files. Out of the 10 editions of Music Tech magazine I have bought, only 2 of the sample discs have worked properly, with the rest being faulty. I had to actually give up buying Music Tech because of this.

As for FutureMusic, the discs seem to work a bit more often (7/10) times but it's still incredibly annoying when one of the discs doesn't work. However, every copy of Computer Music magazine I own has working discs. I know you can send them back to the publisher when there's a problem, but it ends up costing so much to send the discs from Australia to England.

Is there anything I can do? This is really pissing me off!!
Old 08.25.2008, 04:19 AM   #2
al shabbray

I never used them. I prefer to make my own sounds, but thats a completely different story f course. but yes you can exchange them.
but I never got any problem with disc regarding reading errors or something. maybe you drive is very intolerant about not properly burned discs....
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2008, 04:23 AM   #3
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
I've tried it on 4 different drives.

And as for the originality of samples, I usually run them through a VST effect I've made to make em sound all glitchy like. So there
Old 08.25.2008, 04:26 AM   #4
al shabbray

dont wanted to offend you with that! just wanted to start my answering that way
but ok if you tried it on 4 drives then of course the discs suck. did you already called their hotline or something bout that? calling in case of failure is often forgotten
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2008, 11:29 PM   #5
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

bump
Old 08.26.2008, 08:04 AM   #6
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
i haven't had any probs with any disks that have come with mags, but i dont buy them often anyway
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth