Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.25.2013, 11:17 AM   #921
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Kanye recently said that he was as big as Michael Jackson. Umm... no

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2013, 11:23 AM   #922
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
he also called himself the "number 1 rockstar in the world" and said that rappers are the new rockstars.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2013, 11:31 AM   #923
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
he also called himself the "number 1 rockstar in the world" and said that rappers are the new rockstars.

I could careless about that hubris, its probably why he wore that "punk" jacket he got on e-bay that was on rob's thread. I'm more concerned with idiotic claims of being anywhere near the same level as Michael Jackson, because simply put, nobody living today can touch him. The pantheon of musical heroes of world renown include in this exact order (1) Michael Jackson, (2) Bob Marley, (3) Tupac Shakur..

speaking of Tupac..

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
i think it's a conspiracy to brain wash women to hook up with a jerk. record labels bullshite to make up with thier ex-wives.

Women don't need to be brainwashed into that, they often make that mistake well enough on their own. I feel you though, hip hop has taken an unapologetic turn towards misogynism, and with out the self-reflective explanations like Tupac's "Wonder Why They Call You Bitch", "Brenda's Got a Baby," "Me and My Girlfriend," "White Man's World", "Do For Love," "Just Like Daddy," or "Keep Ya Head Up"...

Tupac was a sincere artist with his own flaws with women, but he didn't hide or deny this, and he wasn't trying to promote some kind of machismo fantasy, he was just himself. Some of his music reflects his more hedonistic, objectifying side of his life with women, others reflect that real, deep, and honest respect for women, as mothers, sisters, friends, and equals. Tupac had a balance like no other rapper in regards to finding positive portrayals of women in his music. As to Yeezus, it is just plain embarassing if you ask me, that in the 21st century such blatant misogynism is allowed unfettered and uncriticized. At least Tupac was honest but trying to improve his relationships with women, and at least he knew where his flaws were, so that his music could perhaps have that same effect on other men, to both celebrate hedonism while also lamenting it at the same time, which is sort of male sexuality 101

Old 09.25.2013, 01:03 PM   #924
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the best way to hide your gayness if you are in the rap game is to constantly harp misogynistic sex shit.
(I hear Beyonce is a lesbian. I have friends who have seen her on the DL at the lesbian bars in Houston, mugging on the ladies, just like Gloria Estefan.)
Old 09.25.2013, 01:26 PM   #925
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses

Old 09.26.2013, 11:06 PM   #926
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Kanye West IS the #1 rock (well... pop) star in the world.

And rap is the new rock.

And while he may not be as big as Michael Jackson, that is a matter of opinion. He's sold records at roughly the same pace as MJ, and Kanye didn't have one of the most influential bands of the 60's to help him launch into his solo career with the world already behind him.

Relatively speaking, people talk more about Kanye than Michael. Kanye's a more interesting musician in my opinion, and lyrically they're on a par. Actually Kanye kills Michael. I'm just trying to be respectful here.

Apt comparisons all around.

If the people were smarter, Kanye would be as big as the Beatles. Of all the artists to make it over the last decade, absolutely nobody can compare with Kanye's mindblowing musical, cultural, and media influence.

So glad people are getting over nickelback, the previous "biggest" "rock" ...thing... in the... Canada. ugh, fuckit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2013, 01:16 AM   #927
louder
invito al cielo

the Kanye hatred is ridiculous. can't wait to see what he does next. Pusha is gonna stream his new album today so at least we're gonna get some new Yeezus outtakes.
Old 09.27.2013, 07:40 AM   #928
louder
invito al cielo

i'm with you Sev. the general audience likes to hate on Kanye so much, and what do we get as a result? top 10 charts which are full of generic bullshit. if people smartened up, mainstream music would be in a better place for sure.
Old 09.27.2013, 08:46 AM   #929
louder
invito al cielo

there's the full interview:

part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2T0fMkZoMo
part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx3X4r-eCYQ
part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PED4zgjG3Ng
part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIfUmGxSgpY

good stuff.
Old 09.27.2013, 09:42 AM   #930
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i'm with you Sev. the general audience likes to hate on Kanye so much, and what do we get as a result? top 10 charts which are full of generic bullshit. if people smartened up, mainstream music would be in a better place for sure.

but then us cool dudes would have to find something else to like.
Old 09.27.2013, 09:51 AM   #931
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Kanye West IS the #1 rock (well... pop) star in the world.

Seriously bro, that is very debatable. In way, Taylor Swift or One Direction can be argued as more popular in the pop world, so again, for Kanye to say he is as big as Michael Jackson is simply ridiculous hubris with no apologies..

Quote:
And rap is the new rock.

Dude, Kanye is big, but in the rap world he is not the biggest, just one of the biggest.

Quote:

And while he may not be as big as Michael Jackson, that is a matter of opinion. He's sold records at roughly the same pace as MJ,

Again, in connection with global name recognition, even within his own time let alone posthumously, how can Kanye even begin to remotely compare himself to Michael Jackson? Even Michael Jackson, who was one of the sincerely nicest people to ever live, would probably give an implied face palm..

Quote:

Relatively speaking, people talk more about Kanye than Michael.

(a) You're talking out of your ass, when Michael Jackson passed away in 2009 the popular feedback loop made Kanye look like some unknown coffee shop artist in comparison, seriously.

(b) Michael Jackson suffered a lot of slander and gossip, you have to compare Michael Jackson in say 1985 or 1991 to Kanye in 2004 and 2012/13 for a fairer comparison, and its apples to insignificantly lesser artificially flavored apple drink

Quote:
Kanye's a more interesting musician in my opinion, and lyrically they're on a par. Actually Kanye kills Michael. I'm just trying to be respectful here.

FUCK THAT SHIT YO. You need to go back and listen to Michael Jackson again, because seriously, I don't mind you liking Kanye, BUT DON'T EVER TRY AND SEE THAT HE IS ABOVE MICHAEL JACKSON EVER AGAIN, ITS NOT HAPPENING BROTHER, PERIOD. I bet even Kanye himself would disagree with you!!!

Quote:

If the people were smarter, Kanye would be as big as the Beatles. Of all the artists to make it over the last decade, absolutely nobody can compare with Kanye's mindblowing musical, cultural, and media influence.

If you were smarter you'd realize how absolutely stupid that sounds. How does Kanye even remotely compare to the Beatles? Kanye did not have anywhere near the cultural and musical influence and impact the Beatles had. The Beatles inspired everybody to start a band, from the Grateful Dead to Black Sabbath, and just about every band since, probably including Kanye himself credits Beatles as an influence! My mind is blown that you honestly believe the guy is mindblowing artistically?

Quote:

So glad people are getting over nickelback, the previous "biggest" "rock" ...thing... in the... Canada. ugh, fuckit.

To me, Kanye is the nickelback of rap, in fact, I'd probably rather listen to nickelback personally

Old 09.27.2013, 07:05 PM   #932
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

People have been over Nickelback for so long that your answer in itself is a few years old.

Quote:

I like that you think your views are so objective that it automatically makes people ignorant for not listening to it the same way you do.

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2013, 08:45 PM   #933
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It05EvqFD6s

This is priceless, and I can't even stand Jimmy Kimmel. If you were at the Sonic Youth show at Jimmy Kimmel in 2006, you'll recall I started a chorus of boos at Jimmy whenever he came out, and paraded him with heckling of, "You fucking suck Jimmy, you fucking suck!"

I read some articles, and looked at some of the tweets, and I honestly can't understand why either (a) Kanye is being so thin-skinned about and (b) why he reacting so immaturely when he is as he claims, such a notable public figure. Kanye comes across a petty, and some of the critics of Jimmy's original skit come across as overly sensitive and even rather dull.

Old 09.27.2013, 10:46 PM   #934
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
(a) You're talking out of your ass, when Michael Jackson passed away in 2009 the popular feedback loop made Kanye look like some unknown coffee shop artist in comparison, seriously.

I've seen almost as many stories about Kanye's choice in baby names as I saw about MJ after his death. Granted that's due to the general idiocy of the -American populace, but still. TMZ and People should be paying Kanye royalties for all the money they make off of his ass.

Besides, you're comparing a shocking and mysterious death of a massive celebrity turned complete recluse. If Kanye died today, you'd see the same level of fanfare and speculation and groups of crying black families (and laughing white families... GOD I HATE AMERICAN WHITE PEOPLE.)

If I were Kanye, I'd be a pissed off motherfucker too. Nobody gets it. People see surface shit, talk about it, ignore anything important he says or does, criticize him constantly, and then steal his discography from pirate bay while he finds no name rappers and puts them on the charts, gives to charities, makes music that is uplifting to a lot of people (well, maybe not Yeezus... but it's still good shit) and makes statements about our culture that go way over the heads of fat white twats like Kimmel. ... man, I'ma bust some Kimmel ass.

Quote:
(b) Michael Jackson suffered a lot of slander and gossip

Ummm... are you sure you know who Kanye West is?

Quote:

FUCK THAT SHIT YO. You need to go back and listen to Michael Jackson again, because seriously, I don't mind you liking Kanye, BUT DON'T EVER TRY AND SEE THAT HE IS ABOVE MICHAEL JACKSON EVER AGAIN, ITS NOT HAPPENING BROTHER, PERIOD. I bet even Kanye himself would disagree with you!!!

Yawn. Whatever, man. I grew up with Man in the Mirror, alright? It still makes me snap my fingers, and some songs from Bad and Thriller still hold up, but Michael Jackson was huge because of his star power (early on) and his great production. His lyrics were really quite ordinary. Kanye stumbles too, but he also says the absolute perfect thing about 6 times out of 10. But I ain't gonna judge you for liking MJ more. G'aon Girl!

Quote:
If you were smarter you'd realize how absolutely stupid that sounds. How does Kanye even remotely compare to the Beatles? Kanye did not have anywhere near the cultural and musical influence and impact the Beatles had.

He also hasn't had FIFTY YEARS to create that impact. And he's one black guy from Chicago, and the Beatles were four cute hipster Brits. Automatic handicap to Yeezy. Level the playing field and he's totally comparable to the Beatles circa Sgt. Pepper.

My real point was that there's never really been a Rap equivalent to the Beatles. I used to think Wu-Tang fit the bill, but while they might be the obvious choice for many, they simply haven't had that kind of commercial success. Yeah, their albums go platinum, and Chambers went triple, but they stopped having real "hits" a long time ago. I mean, they're the best fucking rap group ever, but seriously.

Quote:
To me, Kanye is the nickelback of rap, in fact, I'd probably rather listen to nickelback personally

HOW DARE YOU!?
Old 09.27.2013, 11:06 PM   #935
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
People have been over Nickelback for so long that your answer in itself is a few years old.

Hah!

Probably right. I am quite out of touch with almost all non-hip hop mainstream music.
Old 09.27.2013, 11:13 PM   #936
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

If I were Kanye, I'd be a pissed off motherfucker too. Nobody gets it.
Gets what, that an egoistical, self-absorbed, immature, spoiled brat of a rapper can't handle it when he is mildly roasted by one of the lamest people on TV? Kanye should have quite literally been able to laugh it off.

Quote:
of fat white twats like Kimmel. ... man, I'ma bust some Kimmel ass.

Kanye West aside, I am more than willing to get in on this busting Jimmy Kimmel's ass shit, soundz poppin.

In conclusion..
Quote:

HOW DARE YOU?!

Quote:
You can say I'm ugly, you can say I'm not talented, but when you say that I don't care about children . . .HOW DARE YOU

Old 09.28.2013, 01:40 AM   #937
louder
invito al cielo

ok let's not forget that a lot of people still love and understand Kanye too.
Old 09.28.2013, 02:24 AM   #938
chocolate_ladyland
children of satan

chocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asses
Yeezus might actually be my fav album of the year. if not fav then most played... EASILY. to me it's the sound of someone (talentless or not, that's up yo y'all) who DOES NOT GIVE A FUCK. the definite sound of that shit. rivalling trout mask replica. rivalling any fall album. rivalling twin infinities. rivalling the coolest VU album. that's what i look for in music and that's why i love yeezus

chocolate_ladyland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2013, 02:39 AM   #939
louder
invito al cielo

definitely my album of the year. i was expecting Drake to beat it.. didn't come hard enough.
Old 09.28.2013, 02:57 AM   #940
chocolate_ladyland
children of satan

chocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
definitely my album of the year. i was expecting Drake to beat it.. didn't come hard enough.

I have a pic of drake with my best friend's older brother at prom. they were in the same limo. not exactly starting from the bottom when you went to the richest high school in toronto's (shoot me, whatever) prom

chocolate_ladyland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
444546 47 48495057 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth