If the wheels of your wagon are rusty
You can paint them until they are new
You can roll down a hill, but if you can't
Then I pity y

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2007, 06:50 AM   #2
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
My words of wisdom: that album was the beginning of their rapid decline.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2007, 07:07 AM   #3
sarramkrop

You're right to an extent. I was comparing their lyrics to The Smiths' and they stand the test of time and universality more. When i move to Minneapolis, CHOUT and me are going to sing those words all the time.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2007, 12:26 PM   #4
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Flip Your Wig was the first Husker album I owned, and to me it wasn't the best introduction, but now being the huge fan I am, I appreciate most of it, but the production is pretty bad to me, which is probably what held me back from it in the first place.

I've seen Grant play in some pretty interesting places...he played my hometown in the mpls suburbs at a Knights Of Columbus hall with a ska band and a few local bands...that was trippy. He gave someone I know a cookie laced with acid or something. I requested Diane and he said it wouldn't work by himself...I wish I knew the bassline at the time because I may have been able to get up there and do it with him.

Saw him play at Garage D'or (Terry Katzman's store, he used to be Husker's soundman and helped run Reflex) to about 20 people just taking requests...I called out She's A Woman and he played it.

And the time at Taste Of Minnesota when he was playing during The Knack's set so most attention was going to The Knack...that was sad.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2007, 04:56 PM   #5
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
I have a soft spot for Grant Hart. I think the worst thing he's done since Husker Du split is better than the best thing Bob Mould's done (if that makes sense).

There's a lot of soul and a lot of honesty in his music (I feel).

And many years ago, he carried my drunken wife-to-be to the toilets so she could be sick. What a gent!
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2007, 01:02 AM   #6
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
His album 'Good News For Modern Man' is really good. More interesting than a lot of Bob's solo stuff.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth