Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Girls Rock! DC
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.18.2009, 07:03 AM   #141
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan

I threw up a little in my mouth
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 10:12 AM   #142
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
the men are just as much so "sex objects" half the time as the women. again, thats called human nature. men like things that are pretty...women do, too. and again, yr typical 15 year old boy probally NATURALLY has more interest in playing guitar and starting a band than a girl. girls are typically concerning themselves with other things...things theyve been concerning themselves with since perhaps the beginning of time. this is NOT a bad thing, its just the way things are....and even this still...is CHANGING. women wear pants now, and its ok. in the early days of the blues, WOMEN were by far the most popular. its a cycle. it has nothing to do with sexism.

yes, there are a few idiots out there that are more interested in courtney's tits than they are her music. basically, i think thats ok. do i think that way personally? NO...i do not. but also, i dont disregard human nature. should i feel bad for having a hard-on because i find some chica up on a stage somewhere sexy? no...and to think that i should is WRONG and it is DIRTY.

go stick yr face in bowie's crotch. i thought you were staying the fuck out of this thread, anyways?

clearly, you don't understand or even care to entertain the difference between SEX and GENDER...to assume that men NATURALLY are more interested in guitar is just...well...ignorant/naive/close-minded/uneducated.....the point of girls rock camp is that girls are usually conditioned to feel less comfortable on stage...it's GREAT that there are girls here who were not uncomfortable (seriously!), but that doesn't contradict my point AT ALL because if you look at the statistics...

and i've already addressed this - men are RARELY objectified in the same way or to the same extent as woman on stage...in "indie" rock esp there are a lot of not-so-handsome men but woman are ALWAYS sex objects...in fact, i can think of very few women in rock and roll who HAVEN'T been presented that way

but once again, you clearly have absolutely no desire to entertain anything that might threaten your male privilege. you might think i'm a fema-nazi for saying that but whatever. do/think whatever you want - hopefully it won't involve telling girls in real life some of what you have told me "as a joke" (in this case, jokes are obviously covering up for some obvious real aggression...and i seriously pray that you do not act this way offline) if i'm a fema-nazi for not thinking it's appropriate to make some of the references and "jokes "that have been stated on this forum....well so be it. i understand that this is the internet and yada yada but i still don't think that it's okay to behave as you and other people have been. i'm also positive that if the members of sonic youth were to read this, they would be horribly ashamed of this online "community."

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 10:14 AM   #143
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
clearly, you don't understand or even care to entertain the difference between SEX and GENDER...to assume that men NATURALLY are more interested in guitar is just...well...ignorant/naive/uneducated.....the point of girls rock camp is that girls are usually conditioned to feel less comfortable on stage...it's GREAT that there are girls here who were not uncomfortable, and that doesn't contradict my point AT ALL because if you look at the statistics...

and i've already addressed this - men are RARELY objectified in the same way or to the same extent as woman on stage...in "indie" rock esp there are a lot of not-so-handsome men but woman are ALWAYS sex objects...in fact, i can think of very few women in rock and roll who HAVEN'T been presented that way

but once again, you clearly have absolutely no desire to entertain anything that might threaten your male privilege. you might think i'm a fema-nazi for saying that but whatever. do/think whatever you want - hopefully it won't involve telling girls in real life some of what you have told me "as a joke (in this case, jokes are obviously covering up SOMETHING"... if i'm a fema-nazi for not thinking it's appropriate to make some of the references and "jokes "that have been stated on this forum....well so be it. i understand that this is the internet and yada yada but i still don't think that it's okay to behave as you have been. i'm also positive that if the members of sonic youth were to read this, they would be horribly ashamed of this online "community."

SHOW US YR TITS
Old 08.18.2009, 10:15 AM   #144
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
clearly, you don't understand or even care to entertain the difference between SEX and GENDER...to assume that men NATURALLY are more interested in guitar is just...well...ignorant/naive/uneducated.....the point of girls rock camp is that girls are usually conditioned to feel less comfortable on stage...it's GREAT that there are girls here who were not uncomfortable, and that doesn't contradict my point AT ALL because if you look at the statistics...

but once again, you clearly have absolutely no desire to entertain anything that might threaten your male privilege. you might think i'm a fema-nazi for saying that but whatever. do/think whatever you want - hopefully it won't involve telling girls in real life some of what you have told me "as a joke (in this case, jokes are obviously covering up SOMETHING"... if i'm a fema-nazi for not thinking it's appropriate to make some of the references and "jokes "that have been stated on this forum....well so be it. i understand that this is the internet and yada yada but i still don't think that it's okay to behave as you have been. i'm also positive that if the members of sonic youth were to read this, they would be horribly ashamed of this online "community."

Old 08.18.2009, 10:17 AM   #145
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
end of thread.
Old 08.18.2009, 10:44 AM   #146
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
once again, as i'm sure you haven't been reading any of what i'm saying and this might be yr online incentitive to actually reconsider doing these things to others in the future, i'm positive that sonic youth would be extremely ashamed to see these types of responces written on their offical site. i don't think that kim approves of sexual harassment of any kind, even if it's a "joke."

back to work....

Old 08.18.2009, 10:51 AM   #147
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

They'd probably find you just as annoying as we do.
Old 08.18.2009, 11:35 AM   #148
Satan
invito al cielo

Quote:
as i'm sure you haven't been reading any of what i'm saying

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
Old 08.18.2009, 06:08 PM   #149
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemusic
Basically, this.

I listen to Hole's first album practically every day. But these chicks made this music regardless of what people told them they could or should do. They didn't need permission, they just did it. And that's one of the things I like about it so much.

As much as I like Hole, I can't get out of my head that Courtney Love's public persona reminds me a lot of a man's toe rag, for some reason. The sort of American woman who writes books about marines being her sex type due to their being fine ''specimen''.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 06:26 PM   #150
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
i just wish the action swingers would reform
Yes!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 07:06 PM   #151
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
As much as I like Hole, I can't get out of my head that Courtney Love's public persona reminds me a lot of a man's toe rag, for some reason. The sort of American woman who writes books about marines being her sex type due to their being fine ''specimen''.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKTmgvB2bus

Old 08.18.2009, 07:26 PM   #152
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
that was my first guitar. i like it because it doesn't have any controls, just a pickup switch.

What? That's weird.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 07:30 PM   #153
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop

Courtney Love is a piece of human waste. She is one of the most unadmirable people on the entire planet and turned a huge amount of talent (both her own and kater with her stockpiles of Nirvana stuff) into a festering cesspool of disappointed fans and ill-gotten money and retarded photoshoots and crappy music. She's obviously mentally ill. Just the same, that made for some damn good music before she decided to fuck off and try to be more popular than Nirvana (and failed miserably, I might add).
Old 08.18.2009, 07:35 PM   #154
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
she's still the only interesting person to have come out of the whole grunge thing alive.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 07:47 PM   #155
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

I will agree with that, but she's still reprehensible.
Old 08.18.2009, 08:11 PM   #156
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemusic
Courtney Love is a piece of human waste. She is one of the most unadmirable people on the entire planet and turned a huge amount of talent (both her own and kater with her stockpiles of Nirvana stuff) into a festering cesspool of disappointed fans and ill-gotten money and retarded photoshoots and crappy music. She's obviously mentally ill. Just the same, that made for some damn good music before she decided to fuck off and try to be more popular than Nirvana (and failed miserably, I might add).

she has had to put up with this type of shit since about the time her husband died and people started accusing her of murder, so i don't judge her.

the irrational, vicious, snarling hate that goes her way is absolutely disgusting and sick. i can't help but think it's due to some fucked up sexism, wherein she acts in the same way male rockstars do and thus is punished for it. a lot of jealously and anger that kurt died and she didn't play the grieving widow role. it pisses men off, the idea of a woman moving on so quickly, the idea that she might not have been their ego idol kurts property and spend the rest of her days in solemn mourning.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 08:17 PM   #157
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
i can't help but think it's due to some fucked up sexism, wherein she acts in the same way male rockstars do and thus is punished for it.

I tend to agree with this. She's the latest Rock Lady Macbeth. Rock music is filled with people who act deplorably towards one another and, while that doesn't excuse some of things CL has done, it hardly makes her any kind of an exception either.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 09:07 PM   #158
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
she has had to put up with this type of shit since about the time her husband died and people started accusing her of murder, so i don't judge her.

the irrational, vicious, snarling hate that goes her way is absolutely disgusting and sick. i can't help but think it's due to some fucked up sexism, wherein she acts in the same way male rockstars do and thus is punished for it. a lot of jealously and anger that kurt died and she didn't play the grieving widow role. it pisses men off, the idea of a woman moving on so quickly, the idea that she might not have been their ego idol kurts property and spend the rest of her days in solemn mourning.

Look, I was being extremely overdramatic because I felt like it. Just the same this whole "men do the same thing" is bullshit when you're talking to me. I hate rockstars like Axl Rose who pull that bullshit MORE than I hate Courtney Love (and hate is a stupid word to use because I don't know either of them personally). I have nothing to say about Kurt's death except for the fact that the way she pimps out his memory is sick (published his private journals). You're pretty dumb, honestly, because you have no idea what you're talking about. I've argued on YOUR side of this argument many times, I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. It is disturbing that she didn't seem to care about Kurt after he died, but who knows what her private feelings were. And I definitely think his bandmates were just as responsible for his death as she was. They were all using him as their meal/drug ticket. Then again, after Kurt's death, her actions (and music) have been nothing but shit. I think it did fuck her up mentally because she's not in touch with reality.
Old 08.18.2009, 09:11 PM   #159
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
the only part of my post that was specifically what you said was the first sentence.

also kurt himself predicted that one day his journals would be no.1 on the new york times best seller list.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 09:17 PM   #160
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Ahh, the Journals. When I finally gave in and brought it home, I was excited at all the little nuggets of simple wisdom you'd hope to find in a read like this, but the other thing was how embarrassing some of it was. Just so juvenile and silly. The striking part of that bit though, was how adorably human it made him. The whole thing felt spontaneous and real.

Haha, Courtney Love's on the other hand...ouch. Painfully boring, it was like everything she wrote had this self-absorbed agenda, like she was imagining an adoring audience from the future reading it, so she had to be careful what to put down. When shit is that fake, it'll throw the most entertaining of personalities right down the toilet.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth