Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I want to start Final Fantasy VII again REALLY bad
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.04.2011, 05:24 PM   #21
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
I loved this game when I was younger, but when I tried to play it a couple years back I found myself more and more annoyed while playing it. The graphics REALLY haven't held up well and it's so frustrating to wander around before realizing "Oh wait, you can actually walk off screen and it leads you to a new area".

Still a good game, but time has not been kind to it, I think.

My party was Cloud, Cid, and Vincent (When you can first get Vincent; You find one of his guns that can do triple damage or something on critical hits, and if you equip him with the Deathblow materia, he's a machine early on), but then eventually dropping Vincent in favor of Tifa.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2011, 09:25 PM   #22
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ dood. I only complained about the graphics when I first played the demo.

After that I simply accepted it and continue. I mean...if you think about it.....The game would be much larger if They did the graphics better in the roaming world.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2011, 11:39 PM   #23
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
not impressed with the graphics? i remember being blown away by the cut scenes and backgrounds. i mean, the characters on screen looked like shit but i wouldn't consider it something that would downplay the whole game.

apparently there's a PERFECT GUIDE strategy guide for this game somewhere. i was never able to find a copy. the official strategy guide kind of sucked. it was full of typos and incorrect information on some parts.
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2011, 11:54 PM   #24
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Hmmm last run through I used to get just about everything.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/W...I/BlueHighwind

he's got a pretty good walkthrough. I like it.
Old 04.05.2011, 12:08 AM   #25
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
i have to play through the game again at some point. haven't played in ages. i'll use that guide though. looks good

here's the guide i was talking about
http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-.../dp/B000M8196Y

it's made by Versus Books. not sure if anyone here is familiar with these guides. but they're insanely detailed. there used to be one for Resident Evil 3 that was crazy. It actually counted how much ammo you needed to kill all of the enemies. but who buys strategy guides anymore?
Old 04.05.2011, 12:08 AM   #26
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

HOLY FUCK!

I actually had this guide no fucking joke.

I remember it was dismantled and "borrowed" by a cousin of mine. that fucker.
Old 04.05.2011, 12:09 AM   #27
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

I remember buying it from babbages at my mall before it became gamestop
Old 04.05.2011, 12:10 AM   #28
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Holy Fuck It's Going For $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!1111
Old 04.05.2011, 12:12 AM   #29
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

yea i know it's pretty nuts. it's out of print. damn! you had one? that's nuts
Old 04.05.2011, 12:18 AM   #30
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Yeah. Fuck it was pretty thick. The back had images of all the characters with all their weapons....I remember taking this to grammar school all the fucking time. I was like in 4th grade when I actually beat FF7(with the help of me bro).
Old 04.05.2011, 01:57 AM   #31
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I have the PC version.

Hell yeah.

I wonder if it'll even run on Windows 7.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2011, 02:00 AM   #32
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Tutorial: Getting Final Fantasy VII to Work on Windows 7

Klaw117
Posted 8/21/2009 4:58:19 PM

For those of you who are planning on buying Windows 7, you may want to read this if you want to get Final Fantasy VII to work on it.

First of all, Windows 7 does not have the TrueMotion 2.0 codec, which is used to run the in-game movies. Without this, you will not be able to start the game because the game can't play the Eidos Interactive Presents movie. To download the codec, visit this site:
http://codec.alshow.co.kr/Page/en/true.htm

Next, you'll need patches, although this is well known in the entire Final Fantasy VII gaming community. The best site to get the patches is:
http://www.ff7-universe.com/ (click downloads on the left and get the 1.02 patch, the chocobo patch, and the mini games patcher. First install the 1.02 patch, then the chocobo patch, and then the mini games patcher in that exact order).

Last, the save files located in the default directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\save will not be changed when you save in-game unless you run Final Fantasy VII as an administrator. To run Final Fantasy VII as an administrator without having to constantly right click on the icon and click "Run as administrator," right click on the Final Fantasy VII icon, click "Properties" and then the "Compatibility" tab. At the bottom, you should see a checkbox next to the words "Run this program as an administrator." Check that box and from now on, every time you run Final Fantasy VII, it will run as an administrator.

Most of this is well known except the first step because that only applies to Windows 7, so I thought I should let you know. I did all this and it ran perfectly on the Windows 7 Release Candidate, meaning it should run perfectly on the Windows 7 retail version.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth