Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY Zenith - Paris
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.16.2006, 10:40 AM   #81
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
The sound from the recording is really neat ! Thanx to whoever shared the recording !!
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 10:51 AM   #82
sergisonic
children of satan

sergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's asses
aaargh
can anybody share the files on soulseek, or wherever?
my dime user account doesn't work!!!

sonic youth forever!!!
sergisonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 11:15 AM   #83
lalie
bad moon rising

lalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asses
I can't access Dime! as always...

lalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 12:55 PM   #84
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
tsk tsk

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 01:38 PM   #85
8=======================D
little trouble girl

8=======================D has a little rock under that right nostril
for me this gig wasn't so good. i've seen sonics four times and this is the worst.maybe because i don't like at all RR.but i really enjoy when they played The World Looks Red and Shaking Hell.
8=======================D is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 03:00 PM   #86
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8=======================D
for me this gig wasn't so good. i've seen sonics four times and this is the worst.maybe because i don't like at all RR.but i really enjoy when they played The World Looks Red and Shaking Hell.

That's a fair assessment of a lot of shows I've heard from this year, but this Paris one is quite great. I also really like the Byron Bay, Australia and the Englewood, CO recordings for good performance quality.
Old 12.16.2006, 04:13 PM   #87
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Hey guys, i'm a new french froggy in this forum. And this show in Paris was my first Sonic concert. So i can't say older gigs was better than this one. But in my little experience of rock concerts (too young...), it was truely the best i 've ever seen. And i enjoyed seing Dino Jr too, even if the sound was like bullshit and the gig was too short. French public, static like everytime...I was in front with the few twisted guys, and we feel lonely. As a Pavement fan I was very pleased with seeing Mark Ibold. I fell on my ass 'cause I didn't know he was on tour with them. About Sonic show : Great ! Even if i 'd like to listen to more oldies, like Cathlic block, Expressway,I was a little frustrated, but RR songs sounds good in live, pleasant. And it was the first time I saw them, so, just one thing : charismatic ! Gigantic ! Next time, i'd like more dissonance, experimentation and fury, but for a first show, I found the band very brilliant.

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 09:29 PM   #88
atari 2600
invito al cielo

As you may remember, SY started off the tour for RR in Paris in April. BigO zine has a download:
Sonic Youth
Paris 2006 [no label/2CD]
Live at Studio 104, Paris, April 19, 2006.http://www.bigozine2.com/archive/ARr...ARsyparis.html

This one from the other night though (12/13) is much, much better.

The same site has resurrected Thurston's top ten free jazz list as a featured article:
http://www.bigozine2.com/features06/TMfreejazz.html
Old 12.17.2006, 08:48 AM   #89
Toxa
100%

Toxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's asses
another one AUD source on dime (ECM719-Hi MD > MZ-RH10 > wav > CDWAVE > Flac(8)):

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=125991
Toxa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 11:14 AM   #90
diamondsea
little trouble girl

diamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's asses
Hi Bertrand, Thank You so much! You know why...

It was a pleasure to meet you

I had great time in Paris, the following day I went to musée d'Orsay and to fnac in Les Halles, I found some Assayas and Garrel movies and, of course, The Distroyed Room with the extended version of the best track ever...
but I can't stop listening Golden Blue live, it seems to me feeling the same vibe of Ferrara 06.27.2005

Except for Teenage Riot, the setlist in Paris was totally different and full of 'pop songs'. SY pop songs, I mean, and Rather Ripped sounds fabolous and louder live. In Zénith the sound was excellent, I loved hearing live versions of World Looks Red and Shaking Hell, but the most enjoyable aspect in SY gigs is that every tour is different, you don't know exactly which oldies they will offer you. And their desire to play their last record gave me the chance to see live versions of Diamond Sea, Wildflower Soul, Karenology, Golden Blue, Incinerate... it's part of SY magic, and if they don't come in Italy, I will go to Paris again!

PS at musée d'Orsay there is a comparison between Cézanne, best painter ever, and Jeff Wall, who is the author of the evocative cover photo The Destroyed Room...
diamondsea is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 11:58 AM   #91
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
hey lee ranaldo played with dinosaur jr in paris on the 13th anyone got vid or pictures?
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 12:06 PM   #92
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
hey lee ranaldo played with dinosaur jr in paris on the 13th anyone got vid or pictures?
it wasn't fantastic.
the sound was not much to be desired and you could hardly hear lee's vocals at all. it was just one song as well.
Old 12.17.2006, 01:14 PM   #93
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxa
another one AUD source on dime (ECM719-Hi MD > MZ-RH10 > wav > CDWAVE > Flac(8)):

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=125991

The first one has good sound quality for an audience-sourced recording.

I'll check this one though, thanks.
Old 12.17.2006, 06:08 PM   #94
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
i dont get why people keep moaning about their setlist.
sy have such a huge backcatalogue to chose songs from, that its impossible to satisfy everyone.
i think the concert was great apart from the fact that there was no cloakroom so i had to hold my jacket in my hands this was very annoying... also no air condition. i dont care much about aircondition but with my jacket in my hand and all that it was kinda tuff..
but still it was a superb gig.
loved every song. candle for an opener. man i just cant believe that.
pink steam intro was just amazing and teenage riot outro was fuckin wild!

how come noone has mentioned yet the gig the day after. lee solo performance wich was great but only 30 minutes long. then 2 dollar guitar. very good one! and at the end awsesome color, who rocked the place, and lee joined in for the last song wich was extraordinary!
also mark ibold turned up, just to watch the gigs..

yeah. the paris trip was perfect for me.

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2006, 06:32 PM   #95
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Lee performance was unlistenable 'cause he was singing in Lou's mic, which one didn't work, I suppose. It was a shame, cause it's a good song, powerfull. And Jay didn't say a word about Lee's coming on stage.

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2006, 07:17 AM   #96
l01c
empty page

l01c has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
just a question to settle my curiousity...
were you the tall guy who was going crazy, dancing the whole set with a blonde mohawk?

No that wasn't me !!! But I often was a few meters from him, and he was awesome to watch... Completely wrapped in the music, oblivious to anything happening around him, in a Jesus Christ Pose most of the time, probably under X or something...

I was the dude with the goatee and the white shirt, and I look like that in a pit :

l01c is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2006, 07:22 AM   #97
l01c
empty page

l01c has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bal
i dont get why people keep moaning about their setlist.
sy have such a huge backcatalogue to chose songs from, that its impossible to satisfy everyone.

Well I guess I wasn't lucky this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bal
i think the concert was great apart from the fact that there was no cloakroom so i had to hold my jacket in my hands this was very annoying... also no air condition. i dont care much about aircondition but with my jacket in my hand and all that it was kinda tuff..

lol ! Cloakrooms in Paris venues are either nonexistent or choke-full... I'm used to dressing up for concerts so that I can tie my stuffs around my waist to stand the heat and the pressure from the pit, and still having things to put on top (or in place of) my soaked T-shirt to avoid dying from the cold once outside...
l01c is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2006, 08:15 AM   #98
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by l01c
Well I guess I wasn't lucky this time.

lol ! Cloakrooms in Paris venues are either nonexistent or choke-full... I'm used to dressing up for concerts so that I can tie my stuffs around my waist to stand the heat and the pressure from the pit, and still having things to put on top (or in place of) my soaked T-shirt to avoid dying from the cold once outside...

ah man i didnt know that. and i tought that zenith was a mid size concert hall so it should have one for sure.
quess i wasnt lucky this time.

i would have danced more without my jacket in my hands.
ive got some good pics from the gig the day after. will post them up soon!

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2006, 11:30 AM   #99
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
what was lee doing solo at the 2 dollar guitar gig the following day? something from drift?
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2006, 11:42 AM   #100
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
where you guys part of the pack which decended on the metro at the end of the show?
it was such a surreal experience for me, a train full of hundreds of sonic youth fans, and i come from a place where i am the only person really into them out of 90,000 (to my knowlege).
it was a streamxsonic subway for sure,

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth