Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Your Sonic Youth listening...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.07.2006, 03:33 PM   #21
Thurston Hunger
little trouble girl

Thurston Hunger ain't too shabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
this is dumbest thread in the whole board

this is like the "what are you listening to?" thread but for people with no music collections or imagination.

Well, it's interesting to me to hear what Sonic Youth fans make of the SY music they're currently listening to. Sorry if it's not interesting to you.
Thurston Hunger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 04:05 PM   #22
Thurston Hunger
little trouble girl

Anyway, right now: The Whitey Album (Needle-Gun). Fantastic stuff!
Old 05.07.2006, 04:49 PM   #23
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
I listened to Rather Ripped last. I do like it, and am liking the poppier side and faster tempos. There are a few lyrical duds though, esp Lights Out (lame lyrics on the chorus) and Sleeping Around (lame lyrics throughout).

It's cool hearing kim harmonize with herself on Rena.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 06:04 PM   #24
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
A show from 1996 that was dominated by stuff from EJST&NS and Warshing Machine. I thought it was a good time.....I have no complaints.
Old 05.08.2006, 03:12 PM   #25
Thurston Hunger
little trouble girl

Not strictly SY but am now listening to Psychic Hearts, inspired by that Record Collector review (they rated it higher than The Whitey Album, by the way).
Old 05.08.2006, 03:36 PM   #26
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
SYR1-Anagrama, a couple days ago. Just picked it up (on vinyl) for the first time last week. I like it but not as much as SRY2 and SYR4.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2006, 06:16 PM   #27
segerandpriest
little trouble girl

segerandpriest has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
SYR1-Anagrama, a couple days ago. Just picked it up (on vinyl) for the first time last week. I like it but not as much as SRY2 and SYR4.

been rocking the deluge of sonic youth torrents supplied by tunic on dime, lately.

most recently the seattle gig from the 1998 thousand leaves tour. fabulous!
Old 05.09.2006, 07:25 AM   #28
GL-JC
empty page

GL-JC has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
being playing sonic nurse regularly since its release.

murray street blew me away as it was a return to form and an amazing change in sound/direction. even though sonic nurse continued that style, I'm starting to feel that its a better album!
GL-JC is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2006, 01:27 PM   #29
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Been playing my SYR collection (1, 2, and 4) quite a bit, plus the SY EP reissue and Ciccone Youth. But I'm also gearing up to make a mix tape, so who knows what's on the horizon. Over the past winter, Confusion is Sex/Kill Your Idols and Bad Moon seemed to fit the seasonally down mood I was in.
Old 05.09.2006, 01:28 PM   #30
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL-JC
being playing sonic nurse regularly since its release.

murray street blew me away as it was a return to form and an amazing change in sound/direction. even though sonic nurse continued that style, I'm starting to feel that its a better album!

I think murray street is a little more interesting that Nurse. MS tends to be one I can play more often and not get tired of. But I'm also really quite fond of A Thousand Leaves these days, too.
Old 05.09.2006, 03:13 PM   #31
Thurston Hunger
little trouble girl

Right now: A Thousand Leaves. Hip Priest won't like me for this, but I think it's possibly better than Murray Street...
Old 05.10.2006, 12:53 PM   #32
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
The last thing I played was Sonic Nurse and I thought it rocked.
Old 05.10.2006, 12:54 PM   #33
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I'll second Every-n.
Old 05.10.2006, 01:01 PM   #34
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Reena yesterday. I can't get over that song. It's just so damn catchy in that non-annoying way. SN@ke...TAB IT! PLEASE!
Old 05.10.2006, 01:13 PM   #35
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
I listened to nurse yesterday morning and realized it was a lot better than i remember it being. I love "stones" now. Later that day i played Evol and its still one of my SY favorites. The best part is i start to notice more things in the tracks than before. Like things i never payed attention to suddenly im like damn that sounds good.Same thing has happened with Sister.

Anyone else have this kind of experience when listening to SY ?
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 01:20 PM   #36
ShermanLoper
little trouble girl

ShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
I just bought "Sonic Youth" the re-issue today, haven't heard it yet though.

Me too. I have the neutral vinyl but haven't had a turntable in about 15 years. Made it through the original stuff on my way to work. I'll be listening to the bonus stuff on my lunch break.
ShermanLoper is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 08:41 AM   #37
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
I just streamed all of rather ripped yesterday. Pretty good but i think it kind of lacks a distinct personality. I don't know. Maybe i just need to listen to it for awhile. It's quite the easy listen, more so than Nurse. But very good
nonetheless. Some of the lyrics are cringe-inducing but overall solid.

I like rats, reena, incinerate, pink steam, and the neutral. I'm still soaking in the others, but i don't really like do you believe in rapture. And i'm not sure how i feel about or.
umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth