Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Post a Picture of Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.16.2008, 10:52 PM   #19441
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
No you're not. You racist.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 10:53 PM   #19442
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
beards of the world UNITE!

you don't meant it like this, do you?

Beard (companion)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Beard (female companion))
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Beard (disambiguation).

Beard is a slang term describing a person who poses as a false date or romantic partner to mislead others about the nature of a relationship, and possibly about the sexuality of one or both participants.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 10:54 PM   #19443
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Positive traits: Lovable, enthusiastic, independent, intelligent, creative, optimistic, strong, assertive, talkative, talented, cheerful, active, eloquent, refined, adventurous, versatile, playful, light-hearted, lively, free-spirit, original, quirky, eccentric, stamina, witty

Negative traits: Anxious, fickle, defiant, tactless, selfish, gullible, inconsistent, quick-tempered, rebellious, changeable, rash, impatient, overly talkative, childish, too-playful, not serious enough, low-attention-span, recklessness, vanity, volatile, blind-in-love

pretty spot on.

at least i don't look like a horse.

everyone looks like an animal and i look like a fish.
but i act like a sloth.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2008, 10:58 PM   #19444
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Blind-in-love? I would think you were very guarded.

And how can someone be witty and gullible?
Old 07.16.2008, 11:01 PM   #19445
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
really i only have my guard up with people i don't know very well or don't feel particularly comfortable around, which i think is normal.
i didn't underline gullible because i don't think it applies to me, but being witty means you have to be on top of things, so you're right about that one.
Old 07.16.2008, 11:01 PM   #19446
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
And how can someone be witty and gullible?

actually (there's scientific evidence to back this up), smart people tend to be more gullible, because their imagination can actually provide an explanation for improbably things-- whereas dunces, incapable of believing anything they can't see (and that includes book learnin') are less prone to believe the unseen. except for jeezus of course, but that's why the indoctrination must occur often and at an early age.

then again horrorscopes & shit like that are meant to snare the gullible.
Old 07.16.2008, 11:03 PM   #19447
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

I didn't mean how can you be, just the Zodiac thing.

But yeah, that makes sense, !@#$%!. Unless you're making that shit up for your own sadistic enjoyment.
Old 07.16.2008, 11:05 PM   #19448
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
actually (there's scientific evidence to back this up), smart people tend to be more gullible, because their imagination can actually provide an explanation for improbably things-- whereas dunces, incapable of believing anything they can't see (and that includes book learnin') are less prone to believe the unseen. except for jeezus of course, but that's why the indoctrination must occur often and at an early age.

then again horrorscopes & shit like that are meant to snare the gullible.

horoscopes do not equal astrology

basically a horoscope that you'd read in, say, glamour magazine or some other tripe like that haphazardly predicts what's going to happen to you, and usually they're way off. astrology, however, has been studied for thousands and thousands of years..etc etc etc i'm not getting into it

oh also
i come from a catholic family but i don't really have any religious views at all
probably cause no one ever made me go to church though unless someone died
Old 07.16.2008, 11:14 PM   #19449
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
horoscopes do not equal astrology

basically a horoscope that you'd read in, say, glamour magazine or some other tripe like that haphazardly predicts what's going to happen to you, and usually they're way off. astrology, however, has been studied for thousands and thousands of years..etc etc etc i'm not getting into it

oh also
i come from a catholic family but i don't really have any religious views at all
probably cause no one ever made me go to church though unless someone died

yeah we all need to "believe" in something. but check this out:

http://quackwatch.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

The rainbow ruse

The rainbow ruse is a crafted statement which simultaneously awards the subject with a specific personality trait, as well as the opposite of that trait. With such a phrase, a cold reader can "cover all possibilities" and appear to have made an accurate deduction in the mind of the subject, despite the fact that a rainbow ruse statement is vague and contradictory. This technique is used since personality traits are not quantifiable, and also because nearly everybody has experienced both sides of a particular emotion at some time in their lives.
Statements of this type might include:
  • "Most of the time you are positive and cheerful, but there has been a time in the past where you were very upset."
  • "You are a very kind and considerate person, but when somebody does something to break your trust, you feel deep-seated anger."
  • "I would say that you are mostly shy and quiet, but when the mood strikes you, you can easily become the center of attention."
A cold reader can choose from a variety of personality traits, think of its opposite, and then bind the two together in a phrase, vaguely linked by factors such as mood, time, or potential.

---

http://www.randi.org/
Old 07.16.2008, 11:23 PM   #19450
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

haha, i had to

i'm the one with the monocle (ie the original O RLY owl)
and you are the angry owl with the tophat
Old 07.16.2008, 11:26 PM   #19451
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Rainbow ruse = fortune cookies.
Old 07.16.2008, 11:28 PM   #19452
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
you can add "in bed" to the end of every fortune
which makes some of them really funny

god, i ought to be sent back to 7th grade or something
Old 07.16.2008, 11:32 PM   #19453
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance in bed.

Hahaha. Nice.

The fortune cookie I got yesterday, though, said, "Great joy will come with the return of a good friend." One of my closest friends just got back from a month in Europe today. Fuckin' weird.
Old 07.16.2008, 11:32 PM   #19454
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you can add "in bed" to the end of every fortune
which makes some of them really funny

"you will hold the reins of something incredible"- in bed! best fortune i ever got.
Old 07.16.2008, 11:32 PM   #19455
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

i think i've eaten a few fortunes accidentally
Old 07.16.2008, 11:34 PM   #19456
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i think i've eaten a few fortunes accidentally

That is no fun. I've done that before. I'm pretty sure it's bad luck of some sort.

and it double sucks before I save my fortunes and put them on mixtapes I make.
Old 07.16.2008, 11:35 PM   #19457
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

i ahve to say though, for some time i was living in some shitty environs, and i got this fortune cookie that said that i would move to a nice new house within a year.

i kept that bitch and taped it to my computer monitor. and sure enough i moved in oh six months or so?

but then i was not happy about the town, so i kept the fortune taped to the monitor & blam, in exactly a year (my lease ended), i moved again to a bigger/better house in bigger/better town (what one could call a "small city").

since i'm pretty happy staying put for a while (moving can be a bitch), i took down the fortune, got a new monitor, etc.

now, of course i don't attribute this to the fortune cookie. but it's fun shit no doubt to get psychic messages from random places.

for some, anyway--

Old 07.16.2008, 11:35 PM   #19458
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

i haven't eaten a fortune cookie in like 8 yrs
Old 07.16.2008, 11:38 PM   #19459
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i ahve to say though, for some time i was living in some shitty environs, and i got this fortune cookie that said that i would move to a nice new house within a year.

i kept that bitch and taped it to my computer monitor. and sure enough i moved in oh six months or so?

but then i was not happy about the town, so i kept the fortune taped to the monitor & blam, in exactly a year (my lease ended), i moved again to a bigger/better house in bigger/better town (what one could call a "small city").

since i'm pretty happy staying put for a while (moving can be a bitch), i took down the fortune, got a new monitor, etc.

now, of course i don't attribute this to the fortune cookie. but it's fun shit no doubt to get psychic messages from random places.

for some, anyway--

Yeah, I take fortune cookies as impersonal encouragement. Like a self-help book without all the bullshit. All you really need usually is a good "Chin up, you whiny bitch".
Old 07.16.2008, 11:39 PM   #19460
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

remember on the simpsons when woody allen was in the back of the chinese restaurant writing fortunes? haha
873923963970971972 973 974975976983102310731473 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth