Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.17.2008, 10:32 AM   #1661
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Aaahhh, ok, I thought it happened much more times !

I ama cheap bastard and if I pay $16 for two tickets, and then another $25 for sodas and popcorn I am going to sit the movie out man! this was just NEXT LEVEL SUCK
Old 03.17.2008, 10:37 AM   #1662
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
not to diss you/your choice, but what if the rest of the movie was great and made up for the first 30 mins of lameness (not in this particular case, I mean in general)? I never had the guts to walk out of a cinema before a movie's end (and I can recall a specific case I wish I had ha ha aaaa), coz I keep thinking "what if...."....dunno, just curious. Maybe I'm too "positive" or have been lucky enough to choose flicks I dug.

i did walk out of pasolini's "the gospel according to st mathew"

it was dull as fuck, and it was the same type of movie i had grown up watching on good friday, year after year, when they cut off the tv service and gave you religious programming, and yeah sure it was pasolini but i fucking knew where the movie was going, and jeezus (no pun intended), i had no patience to stay.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2008, 10:38 AM   #1663
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I walked out of Angels and Insects because it was such an insufferable sap-fest.

Oh, and What Dreams May Come for the same reason. I just went to that because I thought it might e kind of surreal and it was at the cheap theater in my neighborhood. I should have known to stay away because Robin Williams was in it.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2008, 10:44 AM   #1664
sarramkrop

If anyone has watched White Noise, could they please explain the ending of this movie to me? It was on tv last night and it didn't make sense.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2008, 12:25 PM   #1665
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i did walk out of pasolini's "the gospel according to st mathew"

it was dull as fuck, and it was the same type of movie i had grown up watching on good friday, year after year, when they cut off the tv service and gave you religious programming, and yeah sure it was pasolini but i fucking knew where the movie was going, and jeezus (no pun intended), i had no patience to stay.

I loved that movie (on TV).
Old 03.17.2008, 06:03 PM   #1666
Incesticide
the destroyed room

Incesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's asses

A very great movie.
Old 03.17.2008, 06:11 PM   #1667
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
not to diss you/your choice, but what if the rest of the movie was great and made up for the first 30 mins of lameness (not in this particular case, I mean in general)? I never had the guts to walk out of a cinema before a movie's end (and I can recall a specific case I wish I had ha ha aaaa), coz I keep thinking "what if...."....dunno, just curious. Maybe I'm too "positive" or have been lucky enough to choose flicks I dug.

i walked out of the film version of mamet's oleanna (with william h. macy) and i hadn't even paid to get in... i'd got free passes. i like the play, and macy was awesome as usual, but it couldn't make up for the female lead's absolute dead as wood acting. at the end of the first act when she says the line "but... i'm bad!" some flamboyant queer in the back shouted out "you're not just bad, honey... you're TERRIBLE!" the entire theatre bust out laughing in implied agreement. i took that as my cue to exit theatre rear.

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2008, 06:13 PM   #1668
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
no country for old men was stunning.
Old 03.17.2008, 06:59 PM   #1669
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
no country for old men was stunning.

oh yeah.

best movie of the year for me.

--
random trivia (i've said this before):

that last motel where shit goes down (the one with the pool) is less than 1/2 mile from my house.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2008, 05:33 AM   #1670
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses

a brilliant portait of a region torn by war. at times hilarious at times darkly disturbing. part gangster movie, part love story and all political commentary...

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2008, 08:52 AM   #1671
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
August Rush - not for the lactose intolerant.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2008, 09:22 AM   #1672
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses

I loved it! Who knew Slater could act so well?
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2008, 09:37 AM   #1673
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact

I loved it! Who knew Slater could act so well?

So, I guess he's not doing a Jack Nicholson impression in this flick, eh?

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2008, 09:38 AM   #1674
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
worst line ever (of course it is said by Drew Barrymore)

in the movie where she played Leonardo Da Vinci's romantic interest when he was really old

"But Maestro, if a bird fals in love with a fish, where will they live?"

just imagine it. JUST IMAGINE THE HORROR
Old 03.18.2008, 09:58 AM   #1675
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangajunky
So, I guess he's not doing a Jack Nicholson impression in this flick, eh?

Not at all, he doesn't look like himself, he doesn't even sound like himself, it's crazy.
Old 03.18.2008, 10:05 AM   #1676
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
worst line ever (of course it is said by Drew Barrymore)

in the movie where she played Leonardo Da Vinci's romantic interest when he was really old

"But Maestro, if a bird fals in love with a fish, where will they live?"

just imagine it. JUST IMAGINE THE HORROR

Sounds quite horrible, although I believe the answer would have to be somewhere near a fjord.

Drew Barrymore hasn't done anything really good since E.T.
Old 03.18.2008, 10:18 AM   #1677
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

fjord! hilarious!
Old 03.18.2008, 10:21 AM   #1678
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
In the past month:
oasis of the zombies - 1/10
sisters of death- 3/10
possession - 8/10
id - 7/10
zoo [documentary] - 5/10
avant garde cinema of 1920-1930 - 7/10
nightmare detective - 6/10
messiah of evil - 6/10 (weird movie)
silent night, bloody night - 7/10 (what an underrated movie)
panic - 3/10
funeral home - 3/10
devil times five - 3/10
family 2 - 4/10
john water's scrapbook - [not sure if I can "rate" this]
big bang love, juvenile a - 5/10 [the front of this has a quote from miike saying "this is my masterpiece." Um, okay]
meatball machine - 7/10
survey map of a paradise lost - 6/10
raufeshita - 5/10
entrails of a virgin - 4/10
neon genesis evangelion: death and rebirth - 7/10
the gauntlet - 6/10
period piece - 8/10 [TALKING TATER TOTS]
pot zombies - 6/10 (11/10 if you're stoned, I'd imagine...)
the evolved - 8/10 [HEROIN ADDICTED FETUS NAZI PUPPET POPE FAST FOOD EXPLOITATION FILM]
eat the schoolgirl - 5/10
white of the eye - 7/10
evil dead trap - 7/10
the manitou - 7/10
cathy's curse - 4/10
the cold - 3/10
alpha incident - 2/10
sympathy for mr. vegeance - 8/10
lady vengeance - 7/10
crazy lips - 8/10 (go check this movie out! It's insane! Japanese psychic incest horror with secret agents, Japanese people speaking in terrible English, even a musical number or two!)

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2008, 10:24 AM   #1679
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
a very strange taste you have there, adam

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2008, 10:26 AM   #1680
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash

a brilliant portait of a region torn by war. at times hilarious at times darkly disturbing. part gangster movie, part love story and all political commentary...

Oh yes, that movie was heavy. I reckon if you liked that, check out "Black Cat White Cat" by Kusturica - a lot ligter and more amusing, however still pretty interesting.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
74818283 84 858687941341845841084 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth