Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Police Harassment
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.11.2009, 10:05 AM   #141
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
As much as I hate to admit Phoenix is right. I've certainly had my share of trouble with the law. Watched them lie their ass off in court but when all is said and done you cannot throw a blanket over them all and claim they're
all assholes. My next door neighbor was a cop and one of the nicest guys I've know all my life. It's the cops that get the cowboy attitude about the job that suck. Think
of times like earthquakes, other natural disasters and of
course 9/11 and tell me they're all assholes.
Old 10.12.2009, 01:56 PM   #142
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
ohyeh, have brains and aint got brains?

child abuse is due to poverty?
spousal abuse is due to poverty?
speeding and drink driving is due to poverty?
drunken assault is due to poverty?

schfriends I really really truely am not hard right wing. I understand that there are some people who get stuck in cycles, end up in bad places.

There are also SOME people who choose to ignore every good opportunity presented to them, and simply do the wrong thing because it is more 'fun' in their eyes.

You have appaently had an overly hard time with the particular cops that surround you. Do you honestly think it is not at all arrogant and single minded to assume that everyone who chooses such a career is really 'out to get the other side' whatever side that may be..
It is a sad point of view and you really wont find any peace until you let go of it. You'll always have one more group or person to hate.

sister, I judge no man, let alone some punk ass cop. But let get it straight, I can not support the machine, the Dragon or the system simply because some people are involved. I forgive all men their offenses, but I CAN NOT FORGIVE THE OFFENSE ITSELF simply because I forgive the offender. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOOD POLICE. They are the militaristic arm of the system, there to scare everyone from thieves and gangsters to your grandma driving down the street. i-man don't deal with police.. I can forgive the men behind the badge, but the badge is a bunch of bullshit that we should collective seek to rid our society of, rather than collectively sighing in acceptance of this so-called necessary evil.. People thought they could never rid themselves of slavery either, but look how that went?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2009, 02:33 PM   #143
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
ok that is silly.

nobody ever got rid of slavery either.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2009, 02:43 PM   #144
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
I'm just an innocent looking little mom with a honda and a car seat in the back. This is much to my advantage..cause if you look the part to the cops they will be more likely to pick you over someone else to pull over. My husband had to take his metal mullisha dirt bike sticker off of his truck cause cops kept tailing him. Little did they know he ain't done shit they can catch.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2009, 02:44 PM   #145
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
SuchFriend you are way to paranoid about the police to even talk to you about it. I've had my head kicked in more
than once. Done time and been railroaded in court by
lying no good cops but yet I still see that this society
needs a police force and they are not all bad
Old 10.12.2009, 02:56 PM   #146
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
500,000 stop and frisks under Bloomberg.

Fascism is here, they just won't admit it.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2009, 03:12 PM   #147
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses

suchfriends:

Submission to the Authorities
Romans 13 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4 For he is God’s servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God’s servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.
6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor

in conjunction with

Acts 27 Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 28 “We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name,” he said. “Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man’s blood.”
29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than men! 30 The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead—whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree. 31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

= God is the ultimate keeper of the law but you must have an established system to keep order even if it is corrupt one. After all no human is perfect. I just love bible contradictions!

Old 10.12.2009, 05:38 PM   #148
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL

suchfriends:

Submission to the Authorities
Romans 13 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4 For he is God’s servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God’s servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.
6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor

in conjunction with

Acts 27 Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 28 “We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name,” he said. “Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man’s blood.”
29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than men! 30 The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead—whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree. 31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

= God is the ultimate keeper of the law but you must have an established system to keep order even if it is corrupt one. After all no human is perfect. I just love bible contradictions!

I see they got to you as well? (jk)

on the real though, Ask a priest, the proper, Orthodox (ie, staight thinking original interpretations by the early Church Fathers who are the authors of the new testament in the first place ) is that those specific scriptures are in reference to Church authority of Priests and Bishops and their hires, not necessarily the political authorities. But in the Protestant tradition, the scriptures were re-interpreted (by ministers and preachers faithful to the state) to be in reference not to clerical, but to legal authorities. The Orthodox Church has traditionally believed itself higher than legal authority, and for the first ten centuries of Christianity it remained that way.

Old 10.13.2009, 09:07 AM   #149
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Man you put everything in such intelectual terms i have to read it like 3 times before i can rebute (is that a word) Yeah the kings james version is corrupt. I tend to stick with the catholic edition which I still ingest with a grain of salt. Have you read the apocrypha? very interesting. I wish i could read hebrew and latin then i would really know some shit.

i admit i do not really know much about the orthodox tradition, but i will put that one on my next to check out..right now i am reading this great book on buddhism. i am looking for the similarities in all religions. so far the basics all line up with everything i have been taught as a christian

Old 10.13.2009, 01:08 PM   #150
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
i got harassed by the police this morning
they came to my house looking for this stupid fucking junkie kid who wasnt even there and threatened to arrest me if i didnt tell them where he was and i have NO idea where he is because i dont talk to the stupid fucker
Old 10.13.2009, 01:57 PM   #151
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
FUCK the police.

Unless you have MONEY the police do not work for YOU. They work to keep you in line so that you do not bother the wealthy.

They work to keep tabs on the lower levels of society so as to better control them.

They work to enforce laws at their discretion. How many times have you read or heard about people getting busted selling/buying crack and meth? Those are poor people drugs for the most part.

Yet, how many of the rich and powerful have massive cocaine use. Prodigious amounts of cocaine use. it is a status symbol, and the cops treat it as such. tons and tons of cocaine is brought into this country, with serious $$$$ kickbacks and payoffs to local state and national police departments.
everyonce in a while, they send some poor sap to jail for a BIG COKE BUST just so they can pretend to be doing something about it, yet they ignore the tons and tons of cocaine coming in each month.

I have had friends of the family RAPED by cops. Kidnapped and bound and gaged and thrown into a trunk by cops. for NO FUCKING REASON.

of course not all of them are "bad people" but they are all COPS. They belong to a crooked fraternity whose aim is to on one hand control the masses, while on the other hand they facilitate the greed of the powerful.

not all soldiers are bad either but they are all KILLERS trained by the state to do their dirty work.

Cops get paid mad money. Most never endanger their life and many never fire their gun in the oine of duty.
firemen get paid jack shit, many doing it as VOLUNTEERS, and every single one of them risks their life by entering burning buildings and homes. every one.

you know why firemen do not get paid like cops?
because there is NO MONEY TO BE HAD BEING A CROOKED FIREMAN.

There is all the money in the world to be had being a crooked cop.
hell, there is money to e had just by being the "looking the other way" cop.

rant over.

fuck cops.
Old 10.13.2009, 02:47 PM   #152
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Ryan got a ticket from a bicycle cop for skating on the road. and points on his license because theyconsidered it a moving violation. my worst experience personally.

But in my county they don't fuck around. they are bored and I swear they pick on people that are not from our county. but after we cross that county line those damn duval cops sit there and wait fr us to come speeding down the backroads just tryin to get to work.....people round here stick together on that matter though..flash yr lights when there is a cop comin up..nice little thank ya wave

ONLY the poor go to jail round here and always for petty drug offenses. The county jail has money to make for each bed it fills.

Oh fuck how could i forget the time my little brother got busted for pot. His dumb ass keeps it in the car (and smokes it) on the way to work at the new county courthouse adjacent to the jail. A couple of cars rush him as he pulls in. He has nothin out at this point he's not quite that dumb. THey want to search his car because a semi driver called them and said he saw him "smoking a joint" while he was driving. Well he doesnt smoke joints so that is bs. He gets searched and ultimately they found it and booked em. It was a big hassle to get him out on bail. It's like they make it as hard as possible on you. he lucked out in the end ..time served..little bastard if it were me they'd give me 5 years fr that shit.

ok i have written enough now

Old 10.13.2009, 11:10 PM   #153
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Man you put everything in such intelectual terms i have to read it like 3 times before i can rebute (is that a word) Yeah the kings james version is corrupt. I tend to stick with the catholic edition which I still ingest with a grain of salt. Have you read the apocrypha? very interesting. I wish i could read hebrew and latin then i would really know some shit.

i admit i do not really know much about the orthodox tradition, but i will put that one on my next to check out..right now i am reading this great book on buddhism. i am looking for the similarities in all religions. so far the basics all line up with everything i have been taught as a christian

thank you I try

I myself had issues with that scripture and breaking laws until I talked with some Orthodox priests about it who also guided me to read the original biblical commentaries. They reminded me that it was about CHURCH authority, not political. After all, do those verses require you to support slavery or the holocaust because of man-made laws? Laws that are unjust require no submission..

I believe Rob summed it up most eloquently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
FUCK the police.

fuck cops.

Old 10.14.2009, 08:53 AM   #154
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

I agree full heartedly that the GOD trumps the cops.....but when you have no separation of church and state and then some dumb ass takes his interpretation of the bible a little too far. We get some big disasters such as the ones that the Roman Catholic church can be accounted for in Europe.

Were you brought up to believe in God or did you find him on yr own? just curious cause you have such passion and you seem to know alot concerning the bible.

Old 10.14.2009, 01:08 PM   #155
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
There are many other books describing god other than trhe bible.
separation of church and state protects everyone from the tyranny of ALL religions.
Old 10.14.2009, 01:23 PM   #156
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
separation of church and state protects everyone from the tyranny of ALL religions.
yes, nazi Germany, communist USSR.
These regimes did more than separating the church from the state, they banned/dismissed the religious establishment.
Maybe it was marvelous!?
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2009, 01:31 PM   #157
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

Were you brought up to believe in God or did you find him on yr own? just curious cause you have such passion and you seem to know alot concerning the bible.

I was raised on Abraham Isaac and Jacob, but as a man religion is a process, faith is a continuous transformation. As such, I am a seeker. While I was raised on the bible in depth and have spent my adulthood even deeper into it, I combine it with any and every holy book I can get my hands on, as Rob explained:

Quote:

I know, I have several of them on my shelf, and unlike the people who supposedly read these various holy scriptures, the books themselves get along quite nicely and rarely come into conflict. books are friendly, people who seldom read them but pontificate on their ignorant assumptions are often not.

further, God is not limited by Holy Books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
yes, nazi Germany, communist USSR.
These regimes did more than separating the church from the state, they banned/dismissed the religious establishment.
Maybe it was marvelous!?

but if the government blocks your own personal expression of religion and culture is that not in itself the most extreme of tyranny?

Ironically, while Marxism teaches that religion is the penultimate tyranny, many freedom fighting and liberation movements are motivate and influenced and perpetuated by religious sentiments, from the Buddhists self-immolation to the Taliban.. Religion, like all human forces, can be both a liberating hero and a controlling monster.

In regards to Law Enforcement, I too am inspired by my faith. My faith suggests that men who carry weapons are dangerous, and I am inclined never to trust them. It is not based necessarily on scriptures or priests or whatever, it is my gut instinct. I have never and will never trust violence.

Old 10.14.2009, 01:37 PM   #158
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Rob, religion alone isn't capable of exercing any tyranny. If
anything, it's the way the state makes it more tolerable to be a three-legged for those who find some solace in it. It even saves lives, occasionally.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2009, 01:41 PM   #159
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Rob, religion alone isn't capable of exercing any tyranny. If
anything, it's the way the state makes it more tolerable to be a three-legged for those who find some solace in it. It even saves lives, occasionally.

the single largest source of charity, from food aid to housing, are religious organizations, not governments or tax $$$ but alms and tithing and community support.

Old 10.14.2009, 01:45 PM   #160
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
three-legged dog, i meant. Suchfriends, i agree with that.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth