Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page (actual) world cup thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.07.2010, 03:34 PM   #941
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
That was a brilliant game. Spain were amazing to watch, even if they struggled to score. After that I have to support them in the final. I've always treated Holland as my 'second' international side but I really don't like the way they're playing, while Spain are just playing beautifully. And Penelope Cruz is from there.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2010, 03:36 PM   #942
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
I was glad to see him listen to me and start Pedro who really played a strong game till he got greedy. Luckily the defense bailed him out. Of course even if he passed it, the way Torres has been playing he might have hit up into the cheap seats.
Old 07.07.2010, 03:41 PM   #943
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
That was a brilliant game. Spain were amazing to watch, even if they struggled to score. After that I have to support them in the final. I've always treated Holland as my 'second' international side but I really don't like the way they're playing, while Spain are just playing beautifully. And Penelope Cruz is from there.

ah, penelope, yes. yummy.

spain really played great, but germany sucked-- this wasn't the team that beat argentina 4-0 and england 4-1. they had a very poor performance, horrible passing on the attack, but then again, the spanish pressure was fucking relentless, and i don't think they faced that before-- except maybe with serbia? but i didn't see that game and now i regret it.

come sunday it's going to be amazing. i won't voice any favorites as every team i've vocally supported has gotten fucked badly. grumble grumble.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2010, 03:44 PM   #944
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Although I didn't really believed them, I secretly hoped for Spain, who are my currently favourite team. Hell yes.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2010, 03:44 PM   #945
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic sphere
i think the cup is heading to germany.

when i said germany i meant spain.

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2010, 03:47 PM   #946
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Although I didn't really believed them, I secretly hoped for Spain, who are my currently favourite team. Hell yes.

I have been rooting against them, honestly for no particular reason other than my deep seeded chicano-esque beef with anything remotely Spanish. In truth, they have been a great team, fun to watch, a relative underdog in the World Cup history, and I am excited to watch them in the final, I just wonder what the Octopus is going to say?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2010, 03:53 PM   #947
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
details details.. if you ask the Ethiopian crowd, they will say it was because FIFA wanted to stick it to Meles (and honestly, who doesn't?!) but I think that using futbol as a bully pulpit is counter-productive to the kind of unity building which FIFA can and likes to do..

Yes, the answer's in the details, on both sides. The truth is that FIFA has a very individual agenda and a very awkward relationship with European football as a consequence. The most pressure that FIFA receives within the game is for what the more established countries see as its over-committment to promoting football in developing countries. For better or worse, FIFA is committed to that. It's problems have come from the fact that sport in Africa is far more politicised than it is elsewhere (besides maybe in parts of S'th America). As such, FIFA continually finds its non-political stance compromised when dealing with these nations, and has to make decisions there that it doesn't have to elsewhere. There really is a clear difference between Sarkozy demanding to see Henry and the Nigerian prime minister threatening to dissolve the national team. I agree that FIFA's relationship with African football is a problematic one butnot one with a negative agenda.
Old 07.07.2010, 03:57 PM   #948
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
relentless pressure is right. you have to be really good (or lucky) to beat this team. To be solid and organised for 90 minutes and run around chasing shadows and trying to 2nd gues where xavi or alonso or iniesta are gonna put the ball must be exhausting. To then have the legs to break and actually hit them on the break is near on impossible. If any one could (organised defence, awsome on the counter attack) it was germany.
The netherlands only hope is to hold out for penalties

The dutch haven't got good enough players
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2010, 03:58 PM   #949
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
glad spain won, germany where passed to death in this game. question is, who was that fella that ran onto the pitch at the start?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2010, 03:59 PM   #950
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
suarez
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2010, 04:07 PM   #951
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yes, the answer's in the details, on both sides. The truth is that FIFA has a very individual agenda and a very awkward relationship with European football as a consequence. The most pressure that FIFA receives within the game is for what the more established countries see as its over-committment to promoting football in developing countries. For better or worse, FIFA is committed to that. It's problems have come from the fact that sport in Africa is far more politicised than it is elsewhere (besides maybe in parts of S'th America). As such, FIFA continually finds its non-political stance compromised when dealing with these nations, and has to make decisions there that it doesn't have to elsewhere. There really is a clear difference between Sarkozy demanding to see Henry and the Nigerian prime minister threatening to dissolve the national team. I agree that FIFA's relationship with African football is a problematic one butnot one with a negative agenda.

truth. I can see both sides, I just wish FIFA would cut Africa some slack and let the African teams and nations catch up, because futbol means a lot to africans, it is truly their only international and even national sport, and if anything what Africa needs today is a rallying cry and a source of pan-African unity. What FIFA did to Ethiopia was demoralizing, Ethiopia is like the US, they will NEVER overcome the climate and culture of political corruption, but they do have a chance to develop themselves for African futbol, being the oldest independent nation and the home of the AU in Addis..
FIFA fucking with Nigeria just put another bad taste in my mouth is all..

thanks for the intelligent conversation btw, I haven't been having so many here the past week

Old 07.07.2010, 04:51 PM   #952
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
truth. I can see both sides, I just wish FIFA would cut Africa some slack and let the African teams and nations catch up, because futbol means a lot to africans, it is truly their only international and even national sport, and if anything what Africa needs today is a rallying cry and a source of pan-African unity. What FIFA did to Ethiopia was demoralizing, Ethiopia is like the US, they will NEVER overcome the climate and culture of political corruption, but they do have a chance to develop themselves for African futbol, being the oldest independent nation and the home of the AU in Addis..
FIFA fucking with Nigeria just put another bad taste in my mouth is all..

thanks for the intelligent conversation btw, I haven't been having so many here the past week

No, I do think it's an interesting issue, which was why I said it needed more subtlety from both sides. FIFA is a weird body that, being based in Europe and headed by two Europeans, can lead to assumptions that it's Eurocentric when its policies (under Blatter anyway) have been quite the opposite. Blatter has a vision of internationalising football that the big nations publicly endorse but privately see as (at best) naive and (at worst) threatening their own fortunes. Personally, while I approve of Blatter's vision (who couldn't?) I do think he's at times guilty of the very kinds of naivety he's accused of, leading to things like the Ethiopian, Togaian and Nigerian affairs which definitely saw FIFA having to involve itself in areas it's not used to or equipped for.
Old 07.07.2010, 04:54 PM   #953
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
I do think he's at times guilty of the very kinds of naivety he's accused of, leading to things like the Ethiopian, Togaian and Nigerian affairs which definitely saw FIFA having to involve itself in areas it's not used to or equipped for.
best response of 2010, very very insightful

Old 07.07.2010, 05:07 PM   #954
krischanski
children of satan

krischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asses
Hoffentlich hört die ganze Patriotenscheiße hier jetzt endlich wieder auf.
____
krischanski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2010, 05:38 PM   #955
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krischanski
Hoffentlich hört die ganze Patriotenscheiße hier jetzt endlich wieder auf.

You should see the British media when it comes to patriotism and football

Disappointed that the Germans didn't get to the final, but it looks like Spain were worthy adversaries to the Deustchen. It would be something if Spain ended up lifting the Jules Rimet on Sunday, though my money is on Holland winning, possibly in extra time. We shall see!
Old 07.07.2010, 05:45 PM   #956
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Disappointed that the Germans didn't get to the final

Goth!
Old 07.07.2010, 05:48 PM   #957
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Goth!

visigoth!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2010, 05:49 PM   #958
demonrail666
invito al cielo

bandit
Old 07.07.2010, 05:50 PM   #959
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Goth!

You got me there. Excuse me whilst I whip out some Sisters Of Mercy LPs, and have a side dish of Fields Of The Nephilim.

I wonder which team wiill come out on top in the Uruguay v Germany third place match. I would go for Germany (Gothly speaking), but one can not doubt the resilience of the Uruguayans. It should be an interesting match nonetheless.
Old 07.07.2010, 05:59 PM   #960
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
I wonder which team wiill come out on top in the Uruguay v Germany third place match. I would go for Germany (Gothly speaking), but one can not doubt the resilience of the Uruguayans. It should be an interesting match nonetheless.

I think both teams will be so utterly deflated that it's likely just the team that bothers to put any effort in at all will win. Personally i think they should abandon the whole third place thing altogether. The fans are never really interested in it and I imagine the players are by then thinking about their club careers, getting home, etc. Saying that, I want Uruguay to win, if only because I love Suarez and Forlan, plus they've got that Arevalo Rios bloke who looks like he should be in Crowbar.
454647 48 495051 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth