Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page woody allen abused 7 year step daughter
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.13.2014, 12:01 AM   #61
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Given the sickeningly low conviction rate of child rape and rape in general, I think we can be forgiven for believing the accuser.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2014, 12:03 AM   #62
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Given the sickeningly low conviction rate of child rape and rape in general, I think we can be forgiven for believing the accuser.

No, at least in the US actually the conviction rate is higher than probably any other crime, its the sentencing that is fucked up, too low. What is unforgivable is that not enough crimes are actually reported to the courts, which is then in part on us all now isn't it.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2014, 12:11 AM   #63
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
No, at least in the US actually the conviction rate is higher than probably any other crime, its the sentencing that is fucked up, too low. What is unforgivable is that not enough crimes are actually reported to the courts, which is then in part on us all now isn't it.

the conviction rate is high in the US????

Im calling bull, horse, and pig shit on that.

Where the hell did you learn that?

And also, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Old 02.13.2014, 12:22 AM   #64
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the conviction rate is high in the US????

yes it is. perhaps you're confusing conviction rate with reporting rate and also we're talking about sexual abuse of children, not rape. Only 10% of crimes are reported, but between 85-95% of those which are result in either a conviction or a guilty plea-bargain. And yes, the rape conviction rates are shockingly, indeed shamefully low. But we're talking about child abuse here.

Quote:

Im calling bull, horse, and pig shit on that.

Quote:
Where the hell did you learn that?

I've volunteered with the childrens' courts and family services and I'm also mandated reporter for child abuse, plus a simple google search couldn't hurt you now could it?

Quote:

And also, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Do explain?

Old 02.13.2014, 12:27 AM   #65
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Suchy

I am not a feminist, I dont think I can ever be a "true feminist". I know and have known several feminists and I havent felt like my outlook can be consistent with feminism. This isnt a badge of honour or dishonour for me, its just the way i am.

But I have female relatives and friends, and some of them have been assaulted and havent seen the man involved convicted. Several of them have metal plates in their body because of this - and thats just the ones whove told me.

I cant believe I have to say this, but these people are the tip of the iceberg

Suchy, America and England are not radically different societies, you know someone who has been raped, at least two or three actually, who have never told you about it. In fact thats massively conservative, its probably alot higher

Old 02.13.2014, 12:29 AM   #66
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Only 10% of crimes are reported

please remember this.

Old 02.13.2014, 12:37 AM   #67
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Only 10% of crimes are reported

please remember this.

That is what I was lamenting to begin with but you're talking about reporting, and that means its on all of us collectively for not calling that shit out enough. However, when you say the conviction rate is low that is not true, and it especially portrays a misleading picture. WHEN people are tried in the court of law for sexually abusing children, they are convicted, in fact, they actually plead guilty and take plea bargains even more than are outright convicted. The reality suggests that we don't need to empty our bad memory closet, ALL of us know somebody who was sexually abused as a child, and even a sizable portion of posters here were probably abused. However, the justice system is not failing them, its our society that is not stepping up to report the crimes in the first place.

Old 02.13.2014, 12:40 AM   #68
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
That is what I was lamenting to begin with but you're talking about reporting, and that means its on all of us collectively for not calling that shit out enough. However, when you say the conviction rate is low that is not true, and it especially portrays a misleading picture. WHEN people are tried in the court of law for sexually abusing children, they are convicted, in fact, they actually plead guilty and take plea bargains even more than are outright convicted. The justice system is not failing then, its our society that is not stepping up to report the crimes in the first place.

CHILDREN

Im not talking about children, im talking about sexual assault in general, about which you seem to have a massive blind spot

Old 02.13.2014, 12:42 AM   #69
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Lets get down to it; what percentage of the time do you think women are lying when they report sexual assault claims?

I have a notional figure myself, which i am happy to reveal, but Id like to see what you think first

Old 02.13.2014, 01:02 AM   #70
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
CHILDREN

Im not talking about children, im talking about sexual assault in general, about which you seem to have a massive blind spot

Quote:
Lets get down to it; what percentage of the time do you think women are lying when they report sexual assault claims?

I have a notional figure myself, which i am happy to reveal, but Id like to see what you think first

Stop attacking me, its ridiculous because I'm totally on your side, but this particular thread is titled "abused 7 year old daughter" hence its about child abuse.

Stop arguing through emotions. I'm not disregarding rape, its not what we've been talking about on this thread. And again, I'm as pissed off if not more that only 10% of sexual abuse gets reported, but I'm also satisfied with the conviction rate of those abusers who go to trial. It suggests that much more than 10% should be reported, which again, is on us as a society to report what we see, hear, or suspect, period, end of discussion.

As to rape, the horror is a different topic, this thread is depressing enough without going there. Why not just bring up the fucking Holocaust while we're at it.

Old 02.13.2014, 01:10 AM   #71
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Rape is explicitly what we've been discussing on this thread, so it was fair enough for me to question you on it

You dont want to talk about it, even when youve already expressed an opinion on the matter previously.

This is your prerogative as a poster on this board

The readers will judge you on your statements.

Old 02.13.2014, 01:31 AM   #72
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

[/
Quote:
Rape is explicitly what we've been discussing on this thread, so it was fair enough for me to question you on it

No, we've been talking about sexual abuse of children. Sorry, you're off-topic.

Quote:

You dont want to talk about it, even when youve already expressed an opinion on the matter previously.

And which opinion is that do tell?

Quote:
The readers will judge you on your statements.

And what exactly are your insinuations?

Old 02.13.2014, 01:34 AM   #73
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

I want to take a picture of that post as a perfect example of someone avoiding an issue. Youve done it beautifully Suchy, bravo.

Old 02.13.2014, 01:37 AM   #74
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Sorry, you've must not be actually reading any of my posts on this thread, because if anything, I've been totally on point with this issue. I honestly don't know what you are insinuating, that I'm not sensitive to the issue? That I don't care about the sexual abuse of children? Quite the opposite. Maybe I took the troll bait. Either way, as you've said, my posts speak for themselves and after you go back and read my 4 responses on this thread on you'll see for yourself that you're out of line. Good night or good morning in England or whatever.

Old 02.13.2014, 01:43 AM   #75
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

You said everything I knew you would say Suchy, you didnt have to make excuses for the underreporting of sex crimes, but you did, you didnt have to equivocate about what you think Sexual Assault it, but you did

You aint fooling anyone sunshine, its all there

Old 02.13.2014, 01:47 AM   #76
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
You said everything I knew you would say Suchy, you didnt have to make excuses for the underreporting of sex crimes, but you did, you didnt have to equivocate about what you think Sexual Assault it, but you did

You aint fooling anyone sunshine, its all there

Dude, I did no such thing, quite the opposite. I ACCUSE SOCIETY, NOT EXCUSED. OR CAN'T YOU READ.

I said, "Its on us."

I said, "we need to report everything we see, hear, or suspect."

Your English, so seriously, you have no excuse for being unable to read what I posted. You also owe me a fucking apology.

Old 02.13.2014, 01:48 AM   #77
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
I agree with Rob... 1 in 100 people in America has molested a child. 1 in 4 people in America was or will be molested as a child. 1 in 3 women will have been molested or raped. These are quantifiable facts.

The reality is, yes, in most cases yes it was. but we should NEVER immediately discount or discredit accusations simply because we'd rather believe the accused than the accuser.

Oh yeah there was this

Old 02.13.2014, 01:49 AM   #78
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Lets be perfectly clear though.

On average 1 out 100 people molested a child.
On average 1 in 10,000 priests molested a child.
On average 1 in 100,000 school teachers molested a child.

So really, are priests or school teachers are biggest threat or problem? Hardly, more likely its our neighbors, friends, and relatives

and this

Old 02.13.2014, 01:50 AM   #79
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

Oh yeah, did you notice this one?

Old 02.13.2014, 01:51 AM   #80
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
And yes, the rape conviction rates are shockingly, indeed shamefully low.

here is where I totally agreed with you.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth