Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Christ is it hot
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.26.2006, 07:50 AM   #61
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
quit whining you pussy's.

If this was about deep water you wouldn't be bitching.

Just a reminder^
Old 07.26.2006, 07:51 AM   #62
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
whatever man. its gonna rain here saturday.

it is hot though. enough so that there have been several fires around here recently. one in someones flat and another in someones bin which just went up like a box of matches. only problem being it was right nexy to a very dried out and tinder dry plant that was growing all the way up the side of the building. an inferno was narrowly avoided.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2006, 07:52 AM   #63
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
quit whining you pussy's.

No.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2006, 07:53 AM   #64
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
If this was about deep water you wouldn't be bitching.

Just a reminder^

yikes. even though its rubber its scary! have to have about three cold showers a day to keep cool here. its touching 40+
Old 07.26.2006, 07:54 AM   #65
jon boy
invito al cielo

maaybe the heat infected the keyboard or something.
Old 07.26.2006, 07:56 AM   #66
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Thats what kills me, is when people overly complain about things like the heat. I'm not saying anyone here does it, but, i think about 50, 60 , 75 years ago when the summer came, people just knew it was gonna be hot and they didn't bitch about it, they accepted that during this peroid of time it would be very hot and sometimes uncomfortable. Now, people have a seizure if it over 30 degrees and they whine about the a/c only being to hot at 24 or 25 degrees. I know that sometimes we are all guilty of this and thats just natural, but its the folks who day in and day out only bitch and moan about these trivialities of life. Oh and by the way the temperature inside the shop I work in last week was 41 degress and the heat index made that feel like 42-43. It is very incomfortable, but it makes me appreciate a/c, swimming pools, shade, and ice cold pints of beer all the moreso.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2006, 07:57 AM   #67
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
The one small mercy at the moment is that at night it's going slightly cooler. Last week it was just relentless heat, 24 hours a day.

I'll be up on Bidston Hill this evening, could be a nice breeze.

Old 07.26.2006, 07:57 AM   #68
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Fucking 38 degrees celsius here!!
I need a swimming pool now!!!

i heard yesterday that holland is experiencing the hottest july month since 1706... it's ridiculous. i wasn't made for this kind of weather.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2006, 07:57 AM   #69
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Don't get me wrong. I love the heat, but I need to be near water.
Old 07.26.2006, 08:00 AM   #70
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
Thats what kills me, is when people overly complain about things like the heat. I'm not saying anyone here does it, but, i think about 50, 60 , 75 years ago when the summer came, people just knew it was gonna be hot and they didn't bitch about it, they accepted that during this peroid of time it would be very hot and sometimes uncomfortable. Now, people have a seizure if it over 30 degrees and they whine about the a/c only being to hot at 24 or 25 degrees. I know that sometimes we are all guilty of this and thats just natural, but its the folks who day in and day out only bitch and moan about these trivialities of life. Oh and by the way the temperature inside the shop I work in last week was 41 degress and the heat index made that feel like 42-43. It is very incomfortable, but it makes me appreciate a/c, swimming pools, shade, and ice cold pints of beer all the moreso.

Well, there are people who just moan whatever the weather, and they're a pain in the arse. I'm very happy with spring, autumn and winter - I guarantee you will get no complaints about the cold!

Everyone in England is moaning because we are genuinely not used to this level of heat, especially for more than one or two days a year. It's something of a freak occurrence. I can't imagine what 41 degrees must feel like, and I don't want to.

Love.

Old 07.26.2006, 08:04 AM   #71
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
i heard yesterday that holland is experiencing the hottest july month since 1706... it's ridiculous. i wasn't made for this kind of weather.

Yeah, that's true. The oldies are gonna start to shrivel up and die... soon.
Old 07.26.2006, 08:07 AM   #72
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I don't recall soliciting the opinion of anyone with a ray of sunshine coming out their ass.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2006, 08:09 AM   #73
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Well, there are people who just moan whatever the weather, and they're a pain in the arse. I'm very happy with spring, autumn and winter - I guarantee you will get no complaints about the cold!

Everyone in England is moaning because we are genuinely not used to this level of heat, especially for more than one or two days a year. It's something of a freak occurrence. I can't imagine what 41 degrees must feel like, and I don't want to.

Love.

Heard. Yeah, I wouldn't want to imagine what that would feel like either if I didn't have to. I feel bad for you UK'ers, because like you said, you aren't use to this type of heat, where I live it gets REALLY hot in the summer and REALLY cold in the winter, so we get a nice dose of the extreme's. The thing that gets me about the heat here is the humidity. People in the desert states of the USA often have temps. into the 38-43 mark, BUT the humidity is so low that it feels like 30-34. Here it is the opposite.
Old 07.26.2006, 08:10 AM   #74
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yes, the weather makes me appreciate so much.
Kinda like how mosquito bites are fun to scratch and oh, so satisfying.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2006, 08:11 AM   #75
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

northern europeans like me have every right to complain about the hot weather, just like brazilians are allowed to complain about the cold when the temparature drops below 10C.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2006, 08:11 AM   #76
RdTv
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
I don't recall soliciting the opinion of anyone with a ray of sunshine coming out their ass.

Your recollection as well as your timing are both tardy, tiresome, and still longed for greatly by me.
Old 07.26.2006, 08:15 AM   #77
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

50, 60 , 75 years ago when the summer came, there was a lot less heat-generating equipment in offices and houses, so it was possible to take refuge indoors when the heat hit its peak. On any average day now we don't notice the heat given off by computers, TVs, fridges, etc, but on hot days it is noticeable because it means that there is nowhere to escape from the heat.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2006, 08:16 AM   #78
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
May snow fall on this thread.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2006, 08:16 AM   #79
RdTv
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
northern europeans like me have every right to complain about the hot weather, just like brazilians are allowed to complain about the cold when the temparature drops below 10C.

Hey brother, complain all you want, more power to you, just don't let the whining define you. Hehe, just kidding, I sympathize with you my friend, and may the gusts of cool wind find their place crashing against your face. Wow that was extremely corny, anyway...yeah you have a point, fair enough.
Old 07.26.2006, 08:17 AM   #80
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I sympathize with you my friend, and may the gusts of cool wind find their place crashing against your face.

That was almost poetic.
Almost.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth