Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.30.2015, 12:02 PM   #7321
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Don't tell me you have Rooney on you FF team?

The only annoying thing about the result is that I desperately wanted to post this

about LVG.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2015, 12:06 PM   #7322
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Today's win is literally the first time I've seen us beat Liverpool at home in my lifetime. 53 years since it last happened. 53 years!

congrats!

honest question: does that speak of how far west ham have improved recently / liverpool has gone down / both?

seems to me both teams are now meeting mid-table. which is not a bad place for you to be-- right? i remember when i started looking ath the prem a few years ago you were frequently at the bottom, but no more. oh, and how is the new stadium working out?

===

dortmund beat berlin 3-1 this morning. mkhitarian is finally getting into a solid groove, scoring in every game. kagawa is also firing on all pistons, setting up some great balls. and even ramos scored today! fucking gotze should never have left... played only 10 minutes yesterday.

===

eta: dortmund with 9pts in 3 games hangs on to the top of the table on goal difference (+10). bayern 2nd (+9). wolfsburg 3rd, 2pts behind them.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2015, 12:18 PM   #7323
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
congrats!

honest question: does that speak of how far west ham have improved recently / liverpool has gone down / both?

seems to me both teams are now meeting mid-table. which is not a bad place for you to be-- right? i remember when i started looking ath the prem a few years ago you were frequently at the bottom, but no more. oh, and how is the new stadium working out?

===

dortmund beat berlin 3-1 this morning. mkhitarian is finally getting into a solid groove, scoring in every game. kagawa is also firing on all pistons, setting up some great balls. and even ramos scored today! fucking gotze should never have left... played only 10 minutes yesterday.

Definitely Liverpool have gone down. No disrespect to West Ham over the win, but Liverpool aren't team to panic over playing anymore. The exact same thing (it could be said it's even worse) is happening to Man Utd.

Old 08.30.2015, 12:29 PM   #7324
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Definitely Liverpool have gone down. No disrespect to West Ham over the win, but Liverpool aren't team to panic over playing anymore. The exact same thing (it could be said it's even worse) is happening to Man Utd.

i'm looking at the prem table and it looks bananas. chelsea 13th!

but hasn't west ham improved as well? i remember them going head to head vs. QPR and .... nottingham forest i think the name was... habitual bottom of the table.
Old 08.30.2015, 12:38 PM   #7325
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
i'm looking at the prem table and it looks bananas. chelsea 13th!

but hasn't west ham improved as well? i remember them going head to head vs. QPR and .... nottingham forest i think the name was... habitual bottom of the table.

Well last season they started off bang on and there was talk, well whispers, that maybe they could do a champions league, then they dropped off to whatever it was. The same is for the couple of seasons before that.

Have they improved? Personally, I'd say not really. They're like Everton in some ways. They have a decent season, get lumped into the europa then sink; repeat.

Sure if you compare to when they got relegated to now then yeah they gotten better. Since then? No.

Old 08.31.2015, 05:28 AM   #7326
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah h8kurdt's right. Although I'd say so far, while our results are as erratic as ever, we're more entertaining to watch now than we were under Sam. But yeah. The result against Liverpool says more about them than it does about us. Not that i'm complaining.

and question for h8kurdt. Do you know any liverpool fans that still actually back rodgers?

As for the prem generally. Still early days but definitely the big teams (beside man c) are really struggling at the mo. Chelsea especially are having a nightmare start. How did a mourinho defence get that bad?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2015, 05:38 AM   #7327
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Don't tell me you have Rooney on you FF team?

The only annoying thing about the result is that I desperately wanted to post this

about LVG.

No sold him once aguero was fit, who's rewarded me by being just as goal shy.

And yes. All the doubts about lvg are back. Reduced yet again to hoofing it up to fellaini. Dont care about his history, the man looks clueless and his history is all that's keeping him in the job.
Old 08.31.2015, 01:06 PM   #7328
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah h8kurdt's right. Although I'd say so far, while our results are as erratic as ever, we're more entertaining to watch now than we were under Sam. But yeah. The result against Liverpool says more about them than it does about us. Not that i'm complaining.

and question for h8kurdt. Do you know any liverpool fans that still actually back rodgers?

As for the prem generally. Still early days but definitely the big teams (beside man c) are really struggling at the mo. Chelsea especially are having a nightmare start. How did a mourinho defence get that bad?

A guy at work who's a Liverpool fan still thinks (well he did when I asked him earlier last week) he'll lead them to a trophy at the very least. Pity they can't play the Johnstone paint trophy, cos I'm sure they'd scrape that.

Old 08.31.2015, 01:10 PM   #7329
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
No sold him once aguero was fit, who's rewarded me by being just as goal shy.

And yes. All the doubts about lvg are back. Reduced yet again to hoofing it up to fellaini. Dont care about his history, the man looks clueless and his history is all that's keeping him in the job.

I was listening to radio 5 call-ins after the United game. First thing the first caller says is "Van Gaal out". He then went on a rant about he "sits there with his pen and paper writing gobbldygook or playing hangman or whatever". How I wish that was true.

What's annoying thing is that they've spent nigh on 200 million now, and they don't look any better than when Moyes was in charge.

Old 08.31.2015, 06:44 PM   #7330
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I just love it when glory hunting fans have to deal with the kind of shit the rest of us take for granted. There was a chelsea fan rang up talksport this evening close to tears. But they weren't tears of sadness or even frustration, but tears of sheer incomprehension. He even said that he hadn't becime a chelsea fan to see them like this.
Old 09.01.2015, 04:10 PM   #7331
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Man U now have more goalkeepers than strikers.
Old 09.01.2015, 04:11 PM   #7332
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Man U now have more goalkeepers than strikers.

lol

Old 09.01.2015, 05:54 PM   #7333
demonrail666
invito al cielo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z4vZMpcPYTI
Old 09.03.2015, 08:36 AM   #7334
demonrail666
invito al cielo

El Symbols, new book out I think you'd be really into. Das Reboot: How German Football Reinvented Itself and Conquered the World, by Raphael Honigstein. Title pretty much speaks for itself. Just heard an interview with the author and it seems to cover loads of stuff I think you're interested in. Honigstein is generally a v good writer.

Anyway, might be something you want to check out.

http://www.amazon.com/Das-Reboot-Ger.../dp/1568585306
Old 09.03.2015, 04:50 PM   #7335
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
El Symbols, new book out I think you'd be really into. Das Reboot: How German Football Reinvented Itself and Conquered the World, by Raphael Honigstein. Title pretty much speaks for itself. Just heard an interview with the author and it seems to cover loads of stuff I think you're interested in. Honigstein is generally a v good writer.

Anyway, might be something you want to check out.

http://www.amazon.com/Das-Reboot-Ger.../dp/1568585306

thanks for the heads up! book won't come out till next month. probably fills in on a lot of detail of things we more or less know.

where was the interview? does a link exist?

===

speaking of germany: tomorrow a germany/poland friendly. (friendly, right? no pre-euros anything?) later on (probably saturday in your time zone already) usa vs. peru should be fun. peru placed 3rd on copa america under a good argentinian manager-- well-organized defense and some star attackers. curious to see what klinsi's squad will be like.

--ETA -- it's euro qualifiers for germany poland! i hope i don't miss it.
Old 09.03.2015, 07:31 PM   #7336
demonrail666
invito al cielo

http://talksport.com/football/hawksb...3-150903165405

starts 10 minutes in

don't know if it'll work outside the uk though.

--

Until the big tournaments actually start I'm not that into international football. I love the world and european cups but cant be arsed with qualifiers or friendlies, especially when they disrupt the league timetable - as is the case this weekend.
Old 09.03.2015, 08:23 PM   #7337
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

^^ right, there's no league games this weekend -- so one might as well watch what's there

main attraction for me will be watching lewandowski shooting against his german friends

several poles in the bundesliga actually. this should be fun.

also very curious about klinsi's progress
Old 09.03.2015, 08:43 PM   #7338
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah but from England's pov, we're playing San Marino. Nothing remotely interesting in that.
Old 09.04.2015, 07:21 PM   #7339
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
^^ right, there's no league games this weekend -- so one might as well watch what's there

main attraction for me will be watching lewandowski shooting against his german friends

several poles in the bundesliga actually. this should be fun.

also very curious about klinsi's progress
I caught that Germany Poland match it was good, competitive for most it. All you need to know about USA friendly is Guzan still sucks.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2015, 08:02 PM   #7340
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Update second half. USA is so much better with Altidore than not. Welcome back J J J James Jones yo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
317357364365366 367 368369370377417467 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth