Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Places You Want To Live In
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.14.2006, 01:02 PM   #41
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
i always wanted to live in berlin, so i did it and i am here now. now i want to live somewhere else and settle there for a while maybe LA or america somewhere. my life for the last few years has been quite hectic and i havnt really settled anywhere.

i remember when you moved, didn't you used to live in Leeds??
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 01:04 PM   #42
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Manchester!?

It is such a dreary example of bad 1960s architecture.

No no no no no, mate.

It's got a lot more than that. All that Victorian and industrial archtecture - how can you not love that? All those railway viaducts are great! And the people are cool, good cultural and leisure stuff like museums and art galleries, central to just about everywhere in the country, nice Chinatown area, there's the canals and rivers, good shopping etc. PLUS Lancashire County Cricket Club and Manchester City Football Club. What more do you want? Manchester's nice. The Fall are a Manchester band, you know. Seriously, what more do you want?

Preston and Chester are pretty ace too. But they aren't Manchester...

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 01:15 PM   #43
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Hahaha, I love how you didn't mention Manchester United. Liverpool has museums and art galleries. AND a cricket club. AND a football club. AND the only Manchester band I ever liked were The Stone Roses.

Move across the river. :]
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 01:20 PM   #44
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
i remember when you moved, didn't you used to live in Leeds??

yes i did that was a long time ago though now. its nice here, but i want to be somewhere else.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 01:22 PM   #45
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Hahaha, I love how you didn't mention Manchester United. Liverpool has museums and art galleries. AND a cricket club. AND a football club. AND the only Manchester band I ever liked were The Stone Roses.

Move across the river. :]

Well, I don't support Manchester United!

You don't like The Fall? Or the Happy Mondays? Or The Fall? Or MC Tunes? Or The Fall? Or The Smiths? Or The Fall? Or Nine Black Alps? Or THE FALL?

The only downsides to Manchester are the lack of charity shops, antique shops and antiquarian bookshops. But it's easy to get a train from Manchester to lots of places that have them.

Liverpool is very good for museums and art galleries (I love the Tate especially) and OK for antiquarian bookshops (Reids, on Mount Pleasant, is very nice). But if I was going to move, I'd want to move further away. You don't have a professional cricket club, although any cricket at all is a good thing. Probe Records has always been a favourite shop.

I hear the people from Quiggins have found somewhere else to go to, which is good.

Do you like living in Liverpool?

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 01:26 PM   #46
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
I would've loved to move to Tampere, which is two hours away in south from where I now live, but I didn't get in the school I wanted to go and it was a matter of 1,5 points.
So I now I have to move within a month to another city, nowhere near as appealing as tampere, two hours away in northeast.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 01:54 PM   #47
matt reeder
little trouble girl

matt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
where did you move from?, was it hard, is portland an exspensive place to live?

Honey, you live in the UK. Portland will seem like the cheapest place on earth when you aren't paying with the English Pound. I moved here from Normal, Illinois, and while Portland is more expensive, it wasn't that drastic a change. Rent will run anywhere from $300-500 a month, which in your currency, is like what, 200-350 pounds a month? Not too shabby. Beer is cheap and plentiful. So is coffee. Most shows are $5-20. Record stores abound. Portland is cheap, especially compared to places like Chicago.

To respond to the queries about Paris: Paris is awesome, but I wouldn't want to live there. You have to like cities that huge. I've never lived in one, but I'm not sure I'd ever want to live in a city so big it takes hours to cross. I LOVE visiting Paris though, and because I speak French, I'm able to experience it the way it should be experienced-just walking around the city, away from the super-touristy areas. Good stuff.
matt reeder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 02:27 PM   #48
teenageri0t347
little trouble girl

teenageri0t347 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I know this is a cliche' but, id like to live in Amsterdam. Not because of the legalization of cannibis, but because of how beautiful and laid back it is. ive done research on it in school and from what ive seen it is wonderful and scenic
Old 07.14.2006, 02:42 PM   #49
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses

Old 07.14.2006, 03:04 PM   #50
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
A dumpster
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 03:29 PM   #51
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quebec, i hear, is a fantastic city. i would live there.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 03:33 PM   #52
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
any major city, something with alot people
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 05:16 PM   #53
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
HM. Lots of dfferent places.

Moscow, Russia
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Cairo, Egypt
New Delhi, India
Baku, Azerbaijan

Strange places so different from home. For sure.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 05:47 PM   #54
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Do you like living in Liverpool?

Not really. I don't enjoy living in the UK at all. So I'll settle for Liverpool, which is where my family is and it's what I'm used to.

Canada or the USA are pretty desirable places to live for me. I feel at home there.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 05:55 PM   #55
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест

Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.

A cool place indeed, but make sure you learn the language and don't look like a tourist. You will likely be robbed and possibly killed if you don't do these things. Stay away from the slums (favela's), and out of the touristy parts and you will enjoy it to the full. My grandfather lived there for a while and some of my other family live there, its a cool place but Brazil has some really other great places to go also.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 06:17 PM   #56
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
i've seriously considered moving to nyc when i get out of law school (of course i'm jumping the gun here since i haven't applied yet!) . . . i don't know about moving there, but i'd love to see london, hong kong, tokyo, singapore, shanghai, athens, dublin, paris, berlin, rome, moscow, sydney, buenos aires, la, seattle, phoenix, boston, cairo, some hellish place in subsaharan africa, etc. (all places i've never seen.) i love huge cities, but the only ones i've ever seen are dc, philadelphia, nyc, baltimore, and chicago.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 06:32 PM   #57
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
New York
Old 07.14.2006, 06:47 PM   #58
Toxa
100%

Toxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест

Moscow, Russia
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Cairo, Egypt
New Delhi, India
Baku, Azerbaijan

Strange places so different from home. For sure.

nice choise

BTW Is your nickname means "56" in russian? there are some grammar mistakes. "Пятдесят Шесть" is correct

as for me I want to live in Tokyo.
Toxa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 07:27 PM   #59
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, it is 56.

The X is not supposed to be there, and I'm missing the soft sign, but thats only because it looks better without.

Anyway, I have family that lives outside of Moscow, my aunt is there right now. I've been told next year I get to go, but I've been told this before. We'll see...
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2006, 08:39 PM   #60
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Preston and Chester are pretty ace too. But they aren't Manchester...

Woot, Preston!

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth