Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Jesus And Mary Chain to reform ?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Can you believe the news?
I can't believe it at all. I'm EXCITED! 27 71.05%
Yeah, I believe it. I couldn't care less, to be honest. 11 28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01.27.2007, 01:19 PM   #41
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
I have lost my faith in most Sonic Youth fans.It seems that lessons are learned very seldom.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2007, 01:54 PM   #42
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
maybe they will play a noisy set lasting ten minutes, fight, cause a sudden crowd riot and leave after 15 minutes.............
Old 01.27.2007, 02:14 PM   #43
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
wasn't the fight (fights?) at that gig rigged though?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2007, 02:36 PM   #44
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
They only two bands out of those that i can remotely imagine re-forming and making good and interesting music would be Loop and Galaxie 500.

It seems to appear that fushitsusha haven't really properly disbanded (judging by the Haino thread) and i never knew that boredoms split up.

Mission of Burma surprised me. They're reformation album was as rehashed as one could fear, but the next one with all new songs kicks fucking ass, and they were totally awesome live on tour for it (The Obliterati.) So it doesn't have to suck, just depends why the group broke up and how burned out they were when they did.

Like I said though J&MC had gotten so boring, that I honestly didn't even notice they broke up.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2007, 02:58 PM   #45
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
my point about mentioning those bands was that this is not the ultimate reunion, like so many people are hollering. it's like the pixies reunion all over again, like the end of the world or something. and the j&mc, as much as i like the music, i would never be as interested in seeing them live since they are cunts who think they are making everyone a favor by playing live and who would probably stage a whole brotherly fight everynight because that's what the "fans" want to see.

band reunions are not musical, they are either nostalgia trips or...i was going to say something like "for people who didn't get the chance to see them..." but that's not either, it's either nostalgia or borrowed nostalgia of some golden age rock scribes have sold us. you don't have reunions to have good music, you have reunions to listen to a band play for the millionth time their hits, like a tribute band of their own selves like glice or porky said earlier.

i have enjoyed plenty of reunions, but can't see myself tearing up inside for one. i would be interested in seeing a band that has possibilities of getting back to the original feeling or at least their original sound.

i, for once, would go see the mary chain just for the sake of listening to the reid bros. play "just like honey" and that alone.

ps: i meant yamamoto and hira returning to the band, by the boredoms reuniting.

pps: the obliterati is god waful, one of the worst albums of last year.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2007, 03:13 PM   #46
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic

pps: the obliterati is god waful, one of the worst albums of last year.

That's weird, most of what you were saying made sense and then this. Everyone has different tastes of course, but I'm still surprised. I found ON/OFF/ON to be the very boring nostalgia trip you rail against, so I tried The Obliterati expecting to dislike it, or at least not to care. I was blown away by the energy and pure-Burma without rehash to it. It's a classic band alive and doing something new and powerful. I'm sure there's no way for you to explain what you didn't like, as tastes are like that, but I do find your reaction odd nonetheless.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2007, 06:46 AM   #47
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
After reuniting earlier this year for its first shows in nearly a decade, the Jesus & Mary Chain is heading into the studio to make its first new album since 1998's "Munki." No release date or label affiliation has been announced for the project.

In addition, the group has confirmed five fall shows on the West Coast: Oct. 20 in Las Vegas, Oct. 22 in Anaheim, Calif., Oct. 23 in Los Angeles and Oct. 26-27 in San Francisco. Lemonheads frontman Evan Dando will open all dates, while Soulsavers, which features Mark Lanegan, are on the bill for the last three shows.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2007, 06:59 AM   #48
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
I think the reason that the thought of a new JAMC album underwhelms me, is because their last couple of albums (at the very least) were really poor.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2007, 09:48 AM   #49
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
the drummer at the mo is Loz who played on william's (or was it Jim's) solo stuff last year and who used to be in Ride (and is an awesome drummer), the bass player used to be in Lush. I suspect this won't affect the excitement levels about the reunion very much either way.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2007, 10:01 AM   #50
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
i've been really obsessed swith the mary chain lately, listening to psychocandy day after day. So yeah, I'm pleased that there's a reunion but they just need to tour around a little bit more.

Me thinks Mr Kevin Shields is playing with them on one of the reunion shows.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2007, 10:08 AM   #51
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
now that, is kind of exciting.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 05:56 AM   #52
sarramkrop

The Jesus And Marychain have posted three new demos on their MySpace page today.

The rough tracks are called 'War On Peace', 'Cookies' and 'Boiling Over' and are the band's first publicly available new material since 1998's 'Munki'.

You can listen to the demo tracks by clicking here for the JAMC MySpace page.

The band who reformed for a handful of UK shows last year, are set to play two nights at London's Roundhouse venue on March 11 and 12.
http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/the_jesu...ain/news/10881
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 07:51 AM   #53
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I can't believe it! I'm EXCITED. But only because I thought these old farts were dead.
Old 01.18.2008, 08:16 AM   #54
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
im confused. is this a rebump of an old thread. jamc were "reformed" last year. i saw them in august and they were so boring it was unbelievable. they just didnt seem to give a fuck about it. sidewalking and some candy talking were awful, even the rockingest moments were boring as hell...,....
Old 01.18.2008, 08:18 AM   #55
sarramkrop

I've re-bumped the thread. They took the songs off their myspace, the turds. I really like ''War On Peace'', nice tune. If you google it, it's been upped on some mp3 blogs.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 08:21 AM   #56
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

ahh mp3 blogs, those joyous little creations are being killed off slowly!!
Old 01.18.2008, 08:21 AM   #57
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
They've had their moment in alternative rock history, and I think they should let it go. Maybe they could do something more grown up like find and produce new young bands?
Old 01.18.2008, 02:16 PM   #58
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
psychocandy is brilliant, i absolutley love that alblum. its an essential, no dount. but besides that, jamc really dont have any other alblums that really blow me away.

everyneurotic: a spacemen 3 reunion, however unlikely, would be so so awesome. theyre so underrated as far as the shoegaze bands go. i mean jamc had one classic record, mbv had two, but spacemen had like 3 or 4. there was a point last year during my freshman year of college where i was major major depressed. i was a little homesick, and to compensate for this all i did was drink and take oxycontin. i mean everyday, like prolly 120-160 mgs and a 12 pack of beer. this caused me to lose my girlfriend (of 3 and a half years who i was planning on proposing to sooner or later), my friends got fed up with me, and my parents were embarassed by me. eventually i then got turned on to heroin and my whole life was fucked. anyways, moral of the story, i was listening to perfect prescrition and TDTMMTTDT like every day. i have since sobered up and got my shit together, but i have not stopped listening to those albums by any means.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth