Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Should we buy iPhones?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.25.2012, 04:47 PM   #41
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I recommend he buys one, and not several, and only buys it when he needs it, not when the marketing blitz releases some new shiny toy to lure away folks who have several functioning phones in their drawers by their beds. I recommend he be conscious of the effect his purchase has, and do his best to be conscious of this when he also uses this product. If he can find a better product from a better more ethical company, that would be also be nice. And if you could GROW THE FUCK UP sometimes that would be best !@#hole

so which one is that?

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2012, 04:48 PM   #42
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
so which one is that?

How about we start with NOT buying an Apple? That is the biggest threat, then we can move on from there. I am glad that you think you are so damned smart, but you have a phone and an iPod and a computer too, so what is your advice !@#hole?

Again, you think you are making me look stupid, and that may be to other stupid folks like yourself, but how do you explain your own absolute moral and ethical hypocrisy? After all, you own phones and computers too

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2012, 04:50 PM   #43
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
How about we start with NOT buying an Apple? That is the biggest threat, then we can move on from there. I am glad that you think you are so damned smart, but you have a phone and an iPod and a computer too, so what is your advice !@#hole?

Again, you think you are making me look stupid, and that may be to other stupid folks like yourself, but how do you explain your own absolute moral and ethical hypocrisy? For the record, I do NOT own a iPhone or mac thank you

what brand is that?

Old 09.25.2012, 04:50 PM   #44
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
We all are. But this is simply about an electronic device, regardless of where it comes from. We all hate these companies and their selfish acts, and you must understand that symbols man nor others(the only apple products I've owned are 2 iPods and now on my second iPhone after my first broke 2 years ago.) are fanboys of such a company. This is all just an objective view on technology. You can't help it if a company like apple creates a quality product.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2012, 04:52 PM   #45
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

severian, suchfriends recommends e.noisefield gets a campbell's phone

Old 09.25.2012, 04:52 PM   #46
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
We all are. But this is simply about an electronic device, regardless of where it comes from. We all hate these companies and their selfish acts, and you must understand that symbols man nor others(the only apple products I've owned are 2 iPods and now on my second iPhone after my first broke 2 years ago.) are fanboys of such a company. This is all just an objective view on technology. You can't help it if a company like apple creates a quality product.

There are several quality products on the market, what Apple has done is successful marketing and branding, and there is a world of difference. !@#hole is the perfect example, on this very thread he has pointed out several of the harmful and exploitative practices of Apple, and yet, he also is defiantly PROMOTING these very same products?

Old 09.25.2012, 04:53 PM   #47
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
severian, suchfriends recommends e.noisefield gets a campbell's phone

What I recommend is you grow the fuck up. Do you talk to people you meet on the street this way too? I bet you get your fucking ass beat a lot then, maybe you pity yourself about it by lashing out on me on your mac

Old 09.25.2012, 04:55 PM   #48
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
What I recommend is you grow the fuck up. Do you talk to people you meet on the street this way too? I bet you get your fucking ass beat a lot then, maybe you pity yourself about it by lashing out on me on your mac

Old 09.25.2012, 04:56 PM   #49
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2012, 04:57 PM   #50
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

campbell's it is
Old 09.25.2012, 05:09 PM   #51
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Chinese people are a population entirely living on the stuff, according to Suchfriends.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2012, 06:17 PM   #52
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

Yes, I may be showing my teeth in anger too much, but you straight provoked me! What is your beef lately exactly? Why do keep antagonizing anything I post? I didn't call you out on shit, in fact, I believe this whole dance got started by me lamenting my own griefs about owning an Apple product in the first place, and further, I feel I can express my opinions about the question, "Should we buy iPhones."
Quote:
Fuck Apple, those assholes are about the greediest non-oil corporation there is. They make the most profits, approximately $400,000 per employee annually, while at the same time paying some of the relatively lowest wages, including folks selling thousands of dollars worth of Apple products and getting ZERO commission. Further, Apple sells these products for super-hyped prices and yet makes them in China for slave wages? Fuck that, and fuck them! I own a single iPod, I bought it several years ago, I use it constantly, but alas, I have many regrets

Did I ever mention you? Was I even necessarily responding to your posts in anyway at all? No. I was answering the thread question, "Should we buy iPhones."

Initially you were a bit more mature and interjected:

Quote:
all phones and game consoles and computers, even the ones you're using to type right now, crappy as they may be, are made in the same OEM chinese plants. just saying.

That is true, and I appreciated you adding some substance to the discussion, but then you just devolved into a personally driven tirade about my own integrity as a person? Lord have His mercy! What has any of that got to do with a discussion about Apple or electronics? Nothing. See, you didn't want to have a conversation, you wanted to shit talk. I wasn't shit talking, and I appreciate it more when you aren't then when you are just trolling around..

Obviously you think we should, obviously I think we shouldn't, why does it have to be so personal with you? All this bullshit lately is so ridiculous. I've greatly appreciated a lot of your rational insights, the way you seriously helped me out when I was navigating grad school, but this? This childish nonsense is ridiculous! Again, you badgered me first, and I should have had the sense to know you were just trolling, so it is my fault, but could you go back to the more reasonable !@#$%! from before? This contrarian phase you are going through is stupid. I expect crap from Genteel Death, he is just a cockney version of AmerikanGod, a troll with a sense of Victorian manners, you on the other hand, used to rely on substance rather then emotionally aggravating hyperbole and straw man bickering..

Old 09.25.2012, 11:17 PM   #53
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
apple creates a quality product.

LOL, you have to stop smoking so much pot.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2012, 04:04 AM   #54
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale_gribble
LOL, you have to stop smoking so much pot.

EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2012, 01:17 PM   #56
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Goddammit. I honestly wish E. and I read this thread in its entirety before yesterday, when we walked into our carrier's store intent on purchasing 2 iphone4s's for $99/each, and walked out an hour later with two 5's on backorder, minus $400, with nothing in our hands but a pair of receipts.

I'm still not sure what happened in the interim.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2012, 01:32 PM   #57
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Goddammit. I honestly wish E. and I read this thread in its entirety before yesterday, when we walked into our carrier's store intent on purchasing 2 iphone4s's for $99/each, and walked out an hour later with two 5's on backorder, minus $400, with nothing in our hands but a pair of receipts.

I'm still not sure what happened in the interim.

lololol

so who is your carrier? at&t? verizoff? ess-print?

ps- the difference amounts to $4.17 per phone per month over the next 2 years. likely it's well worth the difference.

pps- i you really wanted a 4S i'd have said get on vergina mobile but if you're w/ a regular carrier the 5 might serve you better esp. if you need a "portable office".

ppps - having said that, walking out with just a piece of paper in your hand is rather petarded i'm afraid...

(okay, yes, i laughed, but i'm still sad about your weird deal)
Old 09.30.2012, 02:01 PM   #58
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

and the rest of the people should read this:

samsung:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...roup-says.html

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/06/samsun...inese-factory/

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/5/329...age-employment

AT&T + Motorola: http://www.globallabourrights.org/alerts?id=0387

LG: http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=LG

nokia: http://www.inquisitr.com/221109/noki...10000-workers/

etc., etc.

people like to single out apple because of its sucess, and saying "workers in emerging economies work harder under more difficult conditions for less pay, and capitalist enterprises take advantage of this, including the electronic component industry" doesn't sound so sexy, though it's more accurate than brand-target propaganda

Quote:
defiantly

i'm "defying" who? you???

Quote:
you on the other hand, used to rely on substance rather then emotionally aggravating hyperbole and straw man bickering..

Old 09.30.2012, 05:27 PM   #59
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
and the rest of the people should read this:

samsung:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...roup-says.html

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/06/samsun...inese-factory/

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/5/329...age-employment

AT&T + Motorola: http://www.globallabourrights.org/alerts?id=0387

LG: http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=LG

nokia: http://www.inquisitr.com/221109/noki...10000-workers/

etc., etc.

people like to single out apple because of its sucess, and saying "workers in emerging economies work harder under more difficult conditions for less pay, and capitalist enterprises take advantage of this, including the electronic component industry" doesn't sound so sexy, though it's more accurate than brand-target propaganda

i'm "defying" who? you???

I tried to be compromising, even border on apologetic and appreciative, like I said you've actually done a lot of good in my life in the past EIGHT years I've known you. But if you want beef, as we say in the hood, "It is what it is." I say fuck it then, whatever you want silly Apple brainwashed, American brainwashed, childish, increasingly bitter yet won't realize it jerk

I thought we could have an honest olive branch moment, I really was trying, remember you provoked me by your comments, I was never even TALKING to you initially about Apple, but again, it is what is homie

Old 09.30.2012, 05:46 PM   #60
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I tried to be compromising, even border on apologetic and appreciative, like I said you've actually done a lot of good in my life in the past EIGHT years I've known you. But if you want beef, as we say in the hood, "It is what it is." I say fuck it then, whatever you want silly Apple brainwashed, American brainwashed, childish, increasingly bitter yet won't realize it jerk

I thought we could have an honest olive branch moment, I really was trying, remember you provoked me by your comments, I was never even TALKING to you initially about Apple, but again, it is what is homie

android freeware!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth