Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.08.2012, 10:14 AM   #4781
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I've got a 4GB slimline XBox 360 and found it frustrating that I needed a HDD in order to install and play the extra content that comes with Game of the Year and Ultimate Editions of games. HDDs for slimline 360s are pretty costly and I didn't want to pay over the odds for one just for the privilege of accessing the extra content. I scoured the net for ways round the issue and discovered a way to use the HDDs designed for the older models of 360s, which are totally incompatible with the slimline 360s due to its construction.

All you have to do is disassemble the outside, elongated, plastic casing by unscrewing it, and then sliding the HDD out of the inner, metal casing after you've unscrewed and detached it. You can then attach the HDD into the HDD compartment of the slimline 360, which is on the inside right of the console. I purchased a 60GB HDD designed for use with the old model 360s from my local branch of Game for £20, disassembled it, and fitted the HDD into my machine. It worked wonders, and I can now install and play all the extra content to my heart's content. Result!
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2012, 01:41 PM   #4782
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone here a fan of DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure? Its a Japanese import for SNES. Looks interesting
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.12.2012, 02:59 PM   #4783
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Started a Dungeons and Dragon's campaign with some friends. Only played a handful of times, but I'm enjoying myself. Though it's a little more hack n' slash than I'd care to say. Would prefer to be able to try to talk or sleuth some of these goblins.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2012, 11:43 PM   #4784
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Dnd on console or real dnd?

Anyways I've been hittin up my arcade emulator. So I've been playing some psikyo shoot em ups. Gunbird and tengai. Damn theyre hard
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.29.2012, 01:38 PM   #4785
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Real dnd.

Old 02.29.2012, 05:40 PM   #4786
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Ah...yes...I tried to get in on a campaign with my friends one time, but the DM was a total idiot. Overdone. My friend's little brother was a great fucking dm. Sometimes it can get goofy, but it was fun.
Old 03.01.2012, 09:42 AM   #4787
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Jon is my favourite videogame reviewer and a fun guy to hang out with too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kARFUPhpT0c
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2012, 11:10 AM   #4788
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Wow that was pretty funny. Not too big on reviewers myself, but egoraptor has been making a few of these, and they're really funny
Old 03.01.2012, 09:45 PM   #4789
Count Mecha
100%

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. But more for the company and good laughs more than anything. It plays more like a board game than anything the way its run. Just alot of hack and slash, which should be a small complaint, there just isn't much room for actual role playing, which is kind of disappointing.

That reviewer is pretty good. Reminds me of Yahtzee Croshaw, forget his first name. Those Zero Punctuation reviews? Pretty good I think.

Old 03.02.2012, 09:29 AM   #4790
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Mass Effect 3 comes out next friday!

It amused me on reading the struggling videogame retailer, Game, has fallen out with the biggest games publisher on the planet, EA, meaning Game won't be receiving any copies of Mass Effect 3, which will no doubt be the biggest selling title of 2012. Plus Game won't be allowed to sell any of EA's other titles. Talk about business suicide!
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2012, 11:23 AM   #4791
Count Mecha
100%

ME3 is going to be completely stellar. Can't wait. I hope Wrex will be in the crew again, but he probably won't be. I also really hope that it'll be more of a character developing rpg again instead of the more or less third person shooter that ME2 was. Either way, it'll be great.

Not really familiar with this Game retailer, but man, what a blow to take, losing EA as a whole, that's gotta hurt.

Old 03.02.2012, 12:21 PM   #4792
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Mass Effect 3 comes out next friday!

It amused me on reading the struggling videogame retailer, Game, has fallen out with the biggest games publisher on the planet, EA, meaning Game won't be receiving any copies of Mass Effect 3, which will no doubt be the biggest selling title of 2012. Plus Game won't be allowed to sell any of EA's other titles. Talk about business suicide!
Yer going o watch the gay cutscenes aren't ya?
Old 03.02.2012, 01:38 PM   #4793
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Fuckit, I wish I had time for games these days! I fired up my old XP machine to play civ 2 (lmfao), but I haven't touched it all morning.

I also dropped out of another run-through of DAO the other day. I had been using it as a stress reliever during crunch time, but as soon as I delivered my project, I got bored with it.

Can someone recommend me a good strategic game that's easy on children? I'm tired of having the computer kick my ass at chess every day.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2012, 02:12 PM   #4794
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

I'd live to help you but, I don't really play computer games...
Old 03.02.2012, 03:14 PM   #4795
Count Mecha
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
Fuckit, I wish I had time for games these days! I fired up my old XP machine to play civ 2 (lmfao), but I haven't touched it all morning.

I also dropped out of another run-through of DAO the other day. I had been using it as a stress reliever during crunch time, but as soon as I delivered my project, I got bored with it.

Can someone recommend me a good strategic game that's easy on children? I'm tired of having the computer kick my ass at chess every day.

I love Civ 2. I guess some easier going strategy games would be like Heroes of Might and Magic or Fantasy General, I presume Panzer General plays the same as FG, but I haven't played it.

There's also Front Mission which I think is on the DS now, I played an SNES ROM of it a long time ago. But man, I love Civ 2, it barely works on my computer, and crashes after so many turns. Bummer.

Old 03.02.2012, 03:17 PM   #4796
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
I love Civ 2. I guess some easier going strategy games would be like Heroes of Might and Magic or Fantasy General, I presume Panzer General plays the same as FG, but I haven't played it.

There's also Front Mission which I think is on the DS now, I played an SNES ROM of it a long time ago. But man, I love Civ 2, it barely works on my computer, and crashes after so many turns. Bummer.

but i don't want easier going, rather i'd like something intense and very involved, the kind that produces headaches.

why yr civ 2 crashes? it's OLD!
Old 03.02.2012, 03:45 PM   #4797
Count Mecha
100%

Haha I only thought you did because of that 'easy on children' clause. If you want intense and involved, play Master of Orion 2, or Total Annihilation. MoO 2 might not be so intense, but holy hell is it involved. I don't play very many newer titles, but people always have nice things to say about Sins of a Solar Empire, I have a disc somewhere with a demo of it on it, might try it sometime.

Old 03.02.2012, 03:50 PM   #4798
Count Mecha
100%

Also, since you say you don't have a whole lot of time for games these days, another strategy game that might draw your interest is Neptune's Pride. http://np.ironhelmet.com/

The gist is like any of those typical space fairing 4x games like haha, Master of Orion. But it's totally browser based. You build ships, conquer planets, fight against other players, research tech. The catch though is that just about every action takes a long time to complete, at least half a day usually. So it's usually a case of 'prep a bunch of actions and then check back in ten hours later or the next day'. With that in mind, games can typically last weeks, over a month even. It's a game that really favors planning ahead. So it's not so intense as to demand a bunch of micromanaging all the time, but there is definitely alot to think about when administrating your activities.

Old 03.02.2012, 03:56 PM   #4799
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
Haha I only thought you did because of that 'easy on children' clause.

oh, i was just making fun of my incompetence at chess.

playing civ2 at deity right now, no cheats or saves, let's see what happens

thanks for this-- are all those PC games?
Old 03.02.2012, 04:05 PM   #4800
Count Mecha
100%

Haha I suck at chess too.

Well I played Civ 2 on Windows 7, so it's just a nasty compatibility issue. I have an XP computer in my garage, I need to break out for some of my more fidgety games. Riven looks like shit on this PC. But since Civ 1 is dos based, I have no trouble. It's those earlier windows games that mess me up.

Yeah, they all are PC games, that's most all I play. They're older titles too, '96, '97, something like that. But you can get them cheap from gog.com for six dollars each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh, i was just making fun of my incompetence at chess.

playing civ2 at deity right now, no cheats or saves, let's see what happens

You're alot braver than me. Best I could do was on Prince, I'm not that great at it haha.

190230237238239 240 241242243250 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth