Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page (actual) world cup thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.22.2010, 12:24 PM   #441
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
At least Malouda gave me a goal on his way out the door. Still may substitute for him but at least he gave me pause to think and if one of my other players is sat because of the standings...

Uruguay's defense has looked strong enough to get them through the next round as well. I would not be surprised to see them make the semi's.
Old 06.22.2010, 01:00 PM   #442
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
I'll miss them too. Maybe if we're lucky they'll have one last argument during the flight home... after that Capello or Maradona will have to fill his shoes.

Yeah, you always need that bit of backroom drama. Capello seems to have quashed the rebellion in his camp but Maradona's always good value. The further Argentina progress, the more insane Maradona's ego gets. He'll be like Tony Montana if they make the final. He'll probably play!

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 01:12 PM   #443
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
Uruguay's defense has looked strong enough to get them through the next round as well. I would not be surprised to see them make the semi's.

... and with Forlan and Suarez up front, they're more than capable of pulling something out of nothing. They're one of the strongest all-round teams in the tournament I think. Real contenders.
Old 06.22.2010, 01:28 PM   #444
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Awesome, fair play to them! I just flicked the channel and saw that shot from Mexico bouncing off the bar.... wish I could watch both matches.

The misery for France continues: South Africa are leading 1-0 and Gourcuff has been sent off for elbowing.

edit: 2-0!!

edit edit: and that would've been 3-0, if it hadn't been offside.. whoa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
France have scored. Good news for Mexico.

ouch! I know.. I was initially upset because I wanted SudAfrica to advance, but since Uruhuay was up that meant Mehico is out.. I was of mixed loyalties about this one.. unfortunately France's goal officially put SudAfrica out, they needed to be up 3 at least to advance, and surely they almost got it.. nice match just the same, they went out on a high note. Mehico needs to seriously up their game, the past 3 matches I have seen were ugly, shitty, and terrible. They will not make it far playing this way, shit Nueva Zelando or Hollanda could put an edge on em they way they been playin lately..

just getting ready for another African match, hey, all you haterz.

watch out for Ghana, they still in it.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 01:31 PM   #445
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka

uruguay has a cakewalk in the next round. greece? korea? (there's still this game to be played)

in quarterfinals they'll likely face germany though. that's a tough match. they lost to serbia though!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 02:22 PM   #446
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I just really hope Greece don't go through. Absolutely killing every game they're in.
Old 06.22.2010, 02:28 PM   #447
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I just really hope Greece don't go through. Absolutely killing every game they're in.

what do you want them to do? stand around in midfield and let the keeper deal with messi alone?

they have come close to some offensive opportunities(no small feat with one attacker) and the defense and keeper have been excellent.

defense is important and i don't like when people complain that a team is playing it, they're against a much stronger team and have done very well in the first 45 minutes, no matter how(incorrectly) you want to look at it, it's not a negative thing

anyways, with korea leading their game (2:1 at '65 mins) you'll likely get yr wish
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 03:05 PM   #448
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
too bad it was demichelis,not a big fan
Old 06.22.2010, 03:26 PM   #449
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
kicking the shit out of messi ain't "defense". sure, they had no other recourse, and it's understandable, but greece played ugly.

greece had a tough dilemma-- they had to win, but if they poured themselves on the offensive they left themselves open to the argentinian offensive. so they sent samaras (their only interesting player, and i'm not talking about his girlie hair) to do the attacking all by himself.

argentina was too much for greece from the start, and the only reason they didn't score early is because everyone was on the defense and when somebody eluded them they pushed/kicked/pulled their opponents. the ref was a little too lenient, took a long-ass time to pull out his first yellow card, and missed a penalty when an argentinian player (couldn't spot who) was being pulled by the shirt inside the penalty area.

anyway, argentina played a great game, the goals were fucking beautiful, they were maybe a little slow on the attack which is why they couldn't surprise the greek defense, but this team is my favorite to win the world cup-- then again, they'e had an easy group, so let's see how they fare in the coming rounds.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 03:40 PM   #450
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
no matter how(incorrectly) you want to look at it, it's not a negative thing

It's a valid tactic, and I could sort of accept it when Greece only needed the draw, but when a team needs to win in order to progress and only change tactics fot five minutes at the end, when hope is basically lost, I don't know what else you can call it but negative.
Old 06.22.2010, 03:40 PM   #451
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
awesome.

tomorrow will be a freakout, with UK v Slovenia and USA v Algeria.

USA better come out to WIN this shit.
Old 06.22.2010, 03:49 PM   #452
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
kicking the shit out of messi ain't "defense". sure, they had no other recourse, and it's understandable, but greece played ugly.

greece had a tough dilemma-- they had to win, but if they poured themselves on the offensive they left themselves open to the argentinian offensive. so they sent samaras (their only interesting player, and i'm not talking about his girlie hair) to do the attacking all by himself.

argentina was too much for greece from the start, and the only reason they didn't score early is because everyone was on the defense and when somebody eluded them they pushed/kicked/pulled their opponents. the ref was a little too lenient, took a long-ass time to pull out his first yellow card, and missed a penalty when an argentinian player (couldn't spot who) was being pulled by the shirt inside the penalty area.

anyway, argentina played a great game, the goals were fucking beautiful, they were maybe a little slow on the attack which is why they couldn't surprise the greek defense, but this team is my favorite to win the world cup-- then again, they'e had an easy group, so let's see how they fare in the coming rounds.

The frustrating thing is that Argentina's only real wekness is its defence. The idea of just sitting back and hoping to get them on the counterattack is playing directly into Argentina's hands.

Anyway, glad with the result.
Old 06.22.2010, 03:57 PM   #453
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
awesome.

tomorrow will be a freakout, with UK v Slovenia and USA v Algeria.

USA better come out to WIN this shit.

We can even advance with a draw if UK loses or draws as well.. hopin for a win, the US could sure use it
We have had almost as big a miracle as Nigeria had lined up this morning with Argentina's win, lets hope that in Jah's grace US doesn't waste their opportunities.

Quote:
umm, both those matches already happened

Greece 2:1 Nigeria
Cote D'Ivoire 0:0 Portugal

cote d'ivoire is fucked, if portugal beat brasil they're done, if portugal loses and cd'i beats korea they'll be tied, but after portugal scored 7 goals yesterday...

nigeria has a chance, that grup is open at the moment but nigeria is the only team without a win

ghana is leading their group but they have their last game against germany, they could advance, but if they lose to germany and serbia beats aus. they'll be out

no no.. you misread my post.

That was if Greece loses (to Argentina) and if Nigeria wins (to Korea) then Nigeria could advance, and what a wasted miracle by Nigeria! Argentina did their part, they lined up greece 2-0 after greece put on a surprisingly good fight, I never would've believed Greece could shut out Argentina for so long.. towards the end it was lined up perfect, all Nigeria needed was a SINGLE win over Korea to advance and come up from the bottom, but instead they wasted so many goal opportunities, some of the most attempts I have seen in any match thus far, all wasted! Nigeria is out! what a shame, they really had a chance, they could not have had the circumstances lined up any better, they dominated Korea for most of the first half and the end of the last and Greece was knocked out by Argentina after a long fight.. alas alas, thus is the emotional roller coaster of big, international and highly politicized sports.

Oh yeah, Ivory Coast most definitely still has a shot, even with Portugal's massive assault against North Korea. If Brazil puts the smack down on them AND Ivory Coast puts a similar smack down on North Korea, perhaps by 3-4 goals each way, then Ivory Coast can still advance. Ghana is pretty much assured a slot win or lose, though preferably win or draw

I just can't believe how shitty mexico played earlier! they have been a real disappointment this first round, they only advanced out of the sheer blessings of Our Lady

Old 06.22.2010, 04:22 PM   #454
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

no no.. you misread my post.

Oh yeah, Ivory Coast most definitely still has a shot, even with Portugal's massive assault against North Korea. If Brazil puts the smack down on them AND Ivory Coast puts a similar smack down on North Korea, perhaps by 3-4 goals each way, then Ivory Coast can still advance. Ghana is pretty much assured a slot win or lose, though preferably win or draw

well it was strangely worded.....

but cote d'ivoire has a chance in the sense that "you always have a chance" but about the worst chance a team can have.

also since you love being sensitive to africa, they don't like the english name, they want english speaing countries to use the french name

(i wrote replies to other posts but closed the tab, so you're spared my whining, know this however, i was right)
Old 06.22.2010, 04:25 PM   #455
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
well it was strangely worded.....

but cote d'ivoire has a chance in the sense that "you always have a chance" but about the worst chance a team can have.

also since you love being sensitive to africa, they don't like the english name, they want english speaing countries to use the french name

(i wrote replies to other posts but closed the tab, so you're spared my whining, know this however, i was right

actually I generally use the term Cote d'ivore in conversation btw

and you were mos def right, but I hope on miracles often, and I haven't seen such a miraculous window as that which opened for Nigeria in a long time, they simply didn't bring it hard enough, they were 1 goal away from advancing. still a good match though..

I am enjoying Africa's exit from the Cup, and I am sure that Cote d'Ivore will put the smack down, the real question is if Brasil will dominate and line it up for them like Argentina did earlier.

Old 06.22.2010, 04:27 PM   #456
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

i wanna check that country out but i hear they attack tourists alot there, i think nigeria or ghana is the place to go for west africa
Old 06.22.2010, 04:29 PM   #457
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
i wanna check that country out but i hear they attack tourists alot there, i think nigeria or ghana is the place to go for west africa

stay out of Nigeria, it is one of the most gangster countries on earth! Ghana on the other hand, is very nice for tourism

Africa is in recovery mode, give them another decade or so to sort it all out.

Old 06.22.2010, 05:48 PM   #458
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
The African nations aren't having a good World Cup. The host nation South Africa, Nigeria and Cameroon are out. Pele said an African nation will win the World Cup. Pity he won't be around when one does. Plus it's a pity none of us will be around when one does!
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2010, 10:17 AM   #459
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Why on earth have England waited so long before they've started playing some decent football?
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2010, 10:51 AM   #460
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Why on earth have England waited so long before they've started playing some decent football?

just for a laugh.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
202122 23 24252633 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth