Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page i'm a bit worried...advice much appreciated
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.03.2010, 07:27 PM   #21
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
"if anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death."

is this literalising or not

Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2010, 07:45 PM   #22
artsygrrl
the end of the ugly

artsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's asses
We are getting off the subject here....seriously, what happened to your balls or whatever?
artsygrrl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2010, 07:50 PM   #23
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb's Crunchy Delights
"if anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death."

is this literalising or not
this is one of those figurative moments (hence the need for experts)

plus, the entire point such a menacing statement, is not to put a bunch of bad ass kids to death, rather that a bunch of kids be a bit fearful to challenge their parents.. Remember that in Moses' law, there was a specific section discussing what to do to abrogate the punishments.. The legalist (literal) way to interpret that specific scripture is to add an asterisk pointing to the section of the Law which dealt with such abrogations..

Perhaps it would be best translated as, "If anyone cause his father or mother, he must be put to death* (** if said person cannot afford to pay the abrogation fees of ritual sacrifice for atonement as prescribed in section.. subsection.. etc etc)

Remember, that section of the Bible is LAW, and so it is written in legalise..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2010, 07:56 PM   #24
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
this is one of those figurative moments (hence the need for experts)

plus, the entire point such a menacing statement, is not to put a bunch of bad ass kids to death, rather that a bunch of kids be a bit fearful to challenge their parents.. Remember that in Moses' law, there was a specific section discussing what to do to abrogate the punishments.. The legalist (literal) way to interpret that specific scripture is to add an asterisk pointing to the section of the Law which dealt with such abrogations..

Perhaps it would be best translated as, "If anyone cause his father or mother, he must be put to death* (** if said person cannot afford to pay the abrogation fees of ritual sacrifice for atonement as prescribed in section.. subsection.. etc etc)

Remember, that section of the Bible is LAW, and so it is written in legalise..
now i dont mean to cause you no offense sir but (as some youths would say) your just making this sh*t up (*i)

Old 02.03.2010, 09:16 PM   #25
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard that one can rent out their stoma-port in prison.

nmspnm
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2010, 04:46 AM   #26
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

figured it out

GOD is a douche = figurative

Old 02.04.2010, 05:41 AM   #27
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
well brother.. this is why originally the Church didn't let you read the thing yourself, nor did they translate it into any languages that a common person (if they were able) could read in the first place..

You'd think that being able to read the damn thing people would see it for what it is, i.e. a load of codswallop
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2010, 06:25 AM   #28
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
You'd think that being able to read the damn thing people would see it for what it is, i.e. a load of codswallop
"Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."

GOD would probably kill you for this

Old 02.04.2010, 07:05 AM   #29
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
God probably doesn't even know I exist, that is if He exists. Anyway, I'm in favour of defiling.
Old 02.04.2010, 07:06 AM   #30
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

maybe suchfriendsofgodarelonely can put in a good word for you (just in case)

Old 02.04.2010, 07:11 AM   #31
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

God doesn't know suchfriends exists either, and even if He did and suchfriends was somehow able to gain an audience with Him, I very much doubt that Suchfriends would be able to communicate with Him in any way, and vice versa.
Old 02.04.2010, 07:17 AM   #32
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

EVERYBODY has an audience with GOD. have you heard of a little thing called prayer

i just thought suchfriendsofgodaredeluded would have a special code or something to get preferential treatment cos he works harder at his rligion than we do

Old 02.04.2010, 07:29 AM   #33
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

God is just some giant magic brain with tentacles that flies around the universe and pays no attention to anything it's created.
Old 02.04.2010, 09:21 AM   #34
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
"Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."

I like that one. It's so true. Sorry about your ailments.

The bible is hard to understand. As suchfriends has previously pointed out, some things are to be taken lterally and there are some that are more figuratively speaking. I am sure I don't know the answers to everything, that is one of the reasons I believe. I just read it and try to make the most sense of it that I can. Above all I have faith that one day I will understand more. I have faith that he exists. I have faith that he loves EVERYONE, despite what they or anyone else think of themselves. I have faith that he wants EVERYONE to be with him in the end where there is no suffering. Then I do the best I can to make it by each day in this world.

My favorite quote: You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it, You shall love your neighbour as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2010, 11:31 AM   #35
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I like it when Gawd puts one of his tentacles into a hot Japanese woman.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2010, 01:58 PM   #36
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
now i dont mean to cause you no offense sir but (as some youths would say) your just making this sh*t up (*i)

none taken. Believe me, if I only I had made all that shit up, then perhaps millions and millions of people under Moses' spell might not be so confused and divisive..

Quote:

Correction: It is only approximately 10% codswallop.. the rest is wonderful poetry, music and history. It is the whole "God said.." this and "Thou Shalt Not" that parts that are more codswallop if taken too seriously

Quote:

Yr rather impressive with your scripture quoting, what kind of roll are you on with this thread?

Quote:
God probably doesn't even know I exist

That had me laughing harder than any thread thus far in 2010!

Old 02.04.2010, 02:00 PM   #37
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

i just thought suchfriendsofgodaredeluded would have a special code or something to get preferential treatment cos he works harder at his rligion than we do

aside from quite a few Orthodox litanies and liturgical incantations, my favorite prayer is from the good Doctor (of Journalism)
"Shit..You better take care of me Lord, because if you don't .. You're gonna have me on your hands.."

Quote:
God is just some giant magic brain with tentacles that flies around the universe and pays no attention to anything it's created.
I see you follow the religion of Thomas Jefferson

["How many tenticles doth emanate from Our Good Lord?" (shouting ensues) "Seven" "Three" "Twelve"..]

Old 02.04.2010, 02:33 PM   #38
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I see you follow the religion of Thomas Jefferson

["How many tenticles doth emanate from Our Good Lord?" (shouting ensues) "Seven" "Three" "Twelve"..]

God has more tentacles than that dood.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2010, 02:33 PM   #39
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
probably has like 40 or somethin'
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2010, 02:38 PM   #40
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Yr rather impressive with your scripture quoting, what kind of roll are you on with this thread?
i hurt my stones and remembered reading about not being let into GOD'S kingdom if i had damaged testimonials

i then started to reread my BIBLE and noticed crazy sh*t within

Exodus 31:17 "...on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested."

isaiah 40:28 "The LORD is the everlasting God the Creator of the ends of the earth. he will not grow tired or weary."

etc

i need me some BIBLE studying (excuses) for sure

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth