Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page melancholy
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.23.2009, 10:43 PM   #21
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Another classic symptom. You poor, poor bastard.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2009, 10:44 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
when the more likely response is going to be a day spent staring blankly at a crack in the ceiling.

melancholy or an acid trip will do that to a day. but, it is not recommended to mix the three.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2009, 10:47 PM   #23
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Which is why they invented DMT. Fifteen minutes of ceiling scrutiny instead of the usual eight hours. The drug of choice for the modern hectic lifestyle. Just don't try jogging on it. I did. The results were ... interesting.
Old 03.23.2009, 10:50 PM   #24
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnoI7Be4VZk
Old 03.23.2009, 10:51 PM   #25
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Which is why they invented DMT. Fifteen minutes of ceiling scrutiny instead of the usual eight hours. The drug of choice for the modern hectic lifestyle. Just don't try jogging on it. I did. The results were ... interesting.
Hahaha. My mate did DMT and said he didn't notice too much. Guess he did it wrong eh?
Old 03.23.2009, 10:54 PM   #26
demonrail666
invito al cielo

if you swallow it, almost nothing happens. Smoke it though ... not a suitable drug for jogging ... at all.
Old 03.24.2009, 01:31 AM   #27
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
He did smoke it. I remember it vividly because I had just finished 6 bong loads, and was amazed at the concept of smoking crystals.
Old 03.24.2009, 01:58 AM   #28
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I suppose there might be some people who simply aren't affected by it. It's chemical make-up is something we all produce a form of naturally so it's quite possible that your friend has a tolerance to it. It's also really harsh to smoke and if you cough any up on the first hit the little you do take in can produce a short-term tolerance meaning you'll have to wait a while before trying again. I've also heard that using it soon after taking LSD can reduce its impact, but even then it's just a reduction - like a lack of visuals but still getting the physical affects. Other than that I just don't know.

If it had worked properly he would have (according to a survey I found online regarding a cross-section of users) experienced some or all of the following:
  • Sense of transcending time or space
  • Experience presence of strange plants or plantlike forms
  • Have a sensation of the universe as a formless vibration
  • Experience visuals of strange machines
  • Hear alien music and/or languages, understandable or not
  • Experience the presence of intelligent entities in a variety of forms
As I said, not good for jogging ... or anything else that involves your arms or legs for that matter.
Old 03.24.2009, 02:52 AM   #29
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Honestly I really doubt he had that much. It's pretty potent shit eh?
Old 03.24.2009, 03:32 AM   #30
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, very. I only took it once about a year ago. I didn't have anything like the affects that some people say they have but it was still incredibly intense. I didn't get the 'alien' stuff that people talk about, but maybe I did, because I can't actually remember most of it. That's the weirdest thing, you forget the affects almost instantly after its finished. I just remember moments where I felt genuinely out of my body and having the most insane visuals. It's not really a leisure drug at all. It's far too intense for that. A lot of hippie 'spiritual' types are advocating it as the ultimate psychedelic and suggesting everyone should try it. I wouldn't disagree with the 'ultimate' bit, but can't agree that everyone should try it. I'm definitely not in any hurry to do it again. Not that it was horrible, just far too intense.
Old 03.24.2009, 04:03 AM   #31
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

My mind is not ready for shit like that. Not many people's are.
Old 03.24.2009, 04:14 AM   #32
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Exactly. Listen to this twat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grcqs9cDuN8
Old 03.24.2009, 12:02 PM   #33
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
DMT comes in a wide variety of potency..

my friend smoked me out a batch that was $500 a gram, and that shit was intense, I had to do everything I could not to evaporate right there in his living room..

another batch I got which was $100 a gram was much mellower, a "working-man's trip" as you describe, and I enjoyed it terribly, it was like instant clarity and meditation..

not like that potent salvia, which sends you to literally to hell and back, in a colossal journey which lasts no more than three minutes but will feel the closest to eternity that you will ever comprehend in your lifetime..

but I wouldn't mess with any of that right now, this melancholy still hasn't went away, instead it is dragging me morosely through the day.. I can barely get to smoking any herb even.

Old 03.24.2009, 12:48 PM   #34
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
I feel melancholy a lot of the time. And I sometimes feel weird when I'm really properly happy.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2009, 01:48 PM   #35
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

but I wouldn't mess with any of that right now, this melancholy still hasn't went away, instead it is dragging me morosely through the day.. I can barely get to smoking any herb even.

I think you've hit the major problem with a drug like DMT right on the head. Its short term effects make it seem suitable for someone in today's hectic lifestyle but the stress that comes with such a modern lifestyle makes DMT a pretty hazardous prospect. People who I know that've done it quite a few times lead extremely chilled lives and have no issues with things like stress or depression. For the rest of us, a pint of guinness is infinitely preferable. Conversing with aliens might be fine for some people but is never a good idea when you've already got demons of your own to deal with. Life's difficult enough as it is without throwing DMT into the mix. As such, it's probably best left to the trust-fund hippies and the Incas, I reckon.

EDIT: It'd not heard of salvia before, but from how you describe it I'll be giving it an extremely wide birth. Hell isn't a place I have any desire to visit, even if it is only for three minutes.
Old 03.24.2009, 08:44 PM   #36
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

EDIT: It'd not heard of salvia before, but from how you describe it I'll be giving it an extremely wide birth. Hell isn't a place I have any desire to visit, even if it is only for three minutes.

Salvia divinorum, also known as Diviner’s Sage,[2] ska María Pastora,[3] or simply by the genus name Salvia, is a psychoactive herb which can induce strong dissociative effects. It is a member of the sage genus and the Lamiaceae (mint) family.[4] The Latin name Salvia divinorum literally translates to “sage of the seers”.[5]
Salvia divinorum has a long and continuing tradition of religious use as an entheogen by indigenous Mazatec shamans, who use it to facilitate visionary states of consciousness during spiritual healing sessions.[1] The plant is found in isolated, shaded, and moist plots in Oaxaca, Mexico. It grows to well over a meter in height. It has hollow square stems, large green leaves, and occasional white and purple flowers. It is thought to be a cultigen.[6]
Its primary psychoactive constituent is a diterpenoid known as salvinorin A,[7][8] which is a potent κ-opioid receptor agonist. Salvinorin A is unique in that it is the only naturally occurring substance known to induce a visionary state this way. Salvia divinorum can be chewed, smoked, or taken as a tincture to produce experiences ranging from laughter to much more intense and profoundly altered states. The duration of effects is much shorter than that of other, more well-known psychoactive compounds; the effects of smoked Salvia typically last for only a few minutes. The most commonly reported after-effects include an increased feeling of insight, an improved mood, a sense of calmness, and an increased sense of connection with nature—though, much less often, it may also cause dysphoria (unpleasant or uncomfortable mood).[9] Salvia divinorum is not generally understood to be toxic or addictive, and as a κ-opioid agonist, it may have potential as an analgesic and as a therapeutic tool for treating drug addictions.

(oh yeah, this shit is insane, it is the only thing I have ever truly hallucinated on, multiple occassions, and it was a frightening uncontrollable vision quest at that..)

it lasts minutes, but they are the strongest most intense minutes you have ever experienced in your whole fucking life.. you will leave your body and reappear in an alternate universe entirely.. unless you get a weak batch, then it is much like a mellow candy-fry.. pray for the mellow batch if you smoke it, the heavy batch will FUCK YOU UP..

Old 03.26.2009, 07:32 AM   #37
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth