Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Witty, Sarcastic Banter
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.02.2006, 04:19 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
now i realize how truly risky it is to be self-employed
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 04:19 PM   #22
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
Noumenal:

You are one of my favorite posters.

Your humor strikes when least expected, and you are constantly posting something educational, thought-provoking, and insightful.

Most of the time, a vast majority of us are full of shit. It's nice to have someone on the board who actually posts things of substance.

Well, the last thing I want is flattery.

I mean, the deft move that suddenly made this thread about me was a despicable way of pacifying my aggresion and shouldn't be rewarded.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 04:19 PM   #23
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600

Yeah, !@#$%!, it is like cocaine.

Complete with the bloody nose.

I see what Noumenal is saying though. I try and be witty, and make posts that have some kind of worth, funny or informative. But appreantly I fail at it. Not that I'm too down on myself about it or anything, but it makes one feel left out. Oh look who is a cry baby now!
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 04:20 PM   #24
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i wish i could make money from sitting here writing bullcrap. you fuckers make me do this!! thank you...

This is how I feel every political thread thanks to the flamers.

I know I'll never be feuding ever again or criticizing unless I have fairly solid footing. & even then it's iffy. One would think that the dictionary as a source would be solid footing enough, but alas, one can never underestimate the tenacity of the criticized & their thirst for revenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
now i realize how truly risky it is to be self-employed
haha
yeah, it's great not having a boss until you realize that you must be the boss of yourself. I do pretty well with it because I have forced myself to be habituated to it. I get up every morning at 8:30. In my twenties, & I swear this is not an exagerration, there was rarely a day that I got up before noon.
There's no criticism there, just a general observation, & I know you already realize that yourself & are a good boss of yourself.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 04:23 PM   #25
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
It's impossible (or near impossible) to discuss politics here.
Old 06.02.2006, 04:23 PM   #26
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
It's like the categories on the new board don't even exist, if you're sick of banter ignore this category!

Quote:

That hey---_$(90@)@_- thread (the one with the 10,000+ replies) by the quasi-literate smiless girl at the old board annoyed me.

It's "smileless", not "smiless".

And as for atari, firstly smiless girl's first language isn't english, and secondly it's rather presumptuous to assume you know how to spell somenoe's name better than they do themself.

i never understood your beef with that thread, aside from some remark you made about how you thought that thread was a conspiracy against you, but surely you'd have to be some kind of deluded, paranoid, psycho, egomaniac to believe that we would embark on a 10,000+ post thread just in an attempt to annoy someone who was of little or no concern to us in the first place.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 04:24 PM   #27
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Complete with the bloody nose.

I see what Noumenal is saying though. I try and be witty, and make posts that have some kind of worth, funny or informative. But appreantly I fail at it. Not that I'm too down on myself about it or anything, but it makes one feel left out. Oh look who is a cry baby now!

ha ha what are you talking about. you guys are funny as fuck--- you just have a different style of going about it. more understated perhaps but no less clever.
Old 06.02.2006, 04:26 PM   #28
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
...i never understood your beef with that thread...

that thread, & nearly all the messages therein, was dumb as fuck.
It was a way that certain people inflated their number of posts, as if that is so fucking important.

Although it is unlikely, I still envision the possibility that this board may someday elevate itself beyond the neanderthal level, so sue me.

On the plus side, the board "chat" nowadays is much more entertaining.
Old 06.02.2006, 04:27 PM   #29
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

Why it's hard to discuss politics here:

1. Teenagers who don't give a shit make up a majority of the board.

2. The majority of the older posters who care enough to discuss it can't get past a sort of college football mentality towards politics. (I mean taking sides and making irrational arguments and coming up with crazy shit)

3. Those that are left have to spend time trying to respond to the lunacy of the 2's and the resultant 1's that come in and flame the 2's. There's no room for anything else.

Oh, and BTW, I don't mind banter, it's just that trying-really-hard-to-be-witty kind that annoys me. Fuck it, nevermind.
Old 06.02.2006, 04:31 PM   #30
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Oh the pure struggle for intellectualization of simply useless threads.A big one,by no means,but one wich really isn't worth putting yourself through.Try
E.And the world will be a better place.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 04:33 PM   #31
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

What about the "Sonic Youth" thread here? I've not seen anybody complain about that one.
Old 06.02.2006, 04:43 PM   #32
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
Why it's hard to discuss politics here:

2. The majority of the older posters who care enough to discuss it can't get past a sort of college football mentality towards politics. (I mean taking sides and making irrational arguments and coming up with crazy shit)

yeah it's a shame about that. which reminds me, where did tesla go?
Old 06.02.2006, 04:45 PM   #33
atari 2600
invito al cielo

He was abducted by aliens.

Maybe Art Bell told him that "the quickening" was upon us & he took refuge in a bomb shelter accordingly.

This witty, sarcastic banter must be incensing noumenal haha.

he lost his computer access when he lost his job is the most likely theory.

Moshe started a thread about this the other day that you may have missed.
Old 06.02.2006, 04:50 PM   #34
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

Art Bell just recently married a 22 year-old--3 months after his wife died. She looks like a Filipino mail-order bride.

Edit: Not sure about the age. Could be younger.
Old 06.02.2006, 04:52 PM   #35
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
that thread, & nearly all the messages therein, was dumb as fuck.
It was a way that certain people inflated their number of posts, as if that is so fucking important.

madness. it was a way for a certain group of posters to contain their banter in one thread, out of consideration to others, so as not to clog up the board with numerous banter threads, it had nothing to do with post counts. secondly it's too bad you confuse lightheartedness for stupidity, and longwindedness and superciliousness with intelligence.
Old 06.02.2006, 04:58 PM   #36
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

She's a cute girl and it seems like a beautiful place they're in. Somewhere near Manilla, I believe. He looks really creepy though. His right arm looks like it's touching her right breast.

There's a conspiracy theory floating around saying that he killed his wife Ramona.
Old 06.02.2006, 05:21 PM   #37
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

horny old goat! he sure looks happy. creepy as fuck though.

who's that person anyway? i tend to ignore vast swaths of useless pop culture.
Old 06.02.2006, 05:24 PM   #38
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

He started a radio show called Coast to Coast; it comes on every night from around 12 to 4. He only does it on the weekends now--another guy does it during the week: George Noory. Most AM talk-radio stations play it. They talk about aliens and government conspiracies and ghosts and shit like that. It's been on for years and years. I used to listen to it in high school when I was driving home from my girlfriend's house and that was 8 or 9(?!) years ago.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
Old 06.02.2006, 05:24 PM   #39
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

She's a cute girl and it seems like a beautiful place they're in. Somewhere near Manilla, I believe. He looks really creepy though. His right arm looks like it's touching her right breast.

There's a conspiracy theory floating around saying that he killed his wife Ramona.

This photograph reminded me of the inner sleeve of a record by a guy who used to put out records on the Tiger6 label for some reason.I wish i could remember his name now.I shall go through my records and find it.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 05:34 PM   #40
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
He started a radio show called Coast to Coast; it comes on every night from around 12 to 4. He only does it on the weekends now--another guy does it during the week: George Noory. Most AM talk-radio stations play it. They talk about aliens and government conspiracies and ghosts and shit like that. It's been on for years and years. I used to listen to it in high school when I was driving home from my girlfriend's house and that was 8 or 9(?!) years ago.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

oh fuck. i think i picked that up once driving through oklahoma. some people talking about UFOs and blah blah blah. just another reminder that ignorance is bliss.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth