Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Which console do I go for?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Decisions, decisions...
Wii 11 40.74%
PlayStation 3 7 25.93%
Xbox 360 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12.20.2007, 11:24 PM   #21
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I've been playing games for 16 years, and I can safely say that the current generation of consoles is by far the worst selection I've ever seen. Every one of the current consoles is pretty bad. But if you have to get one..

Let's see... the Wii is shitty, but it's cheap and it's got Zelda and Mario and Smash Brothers and Paper Mario! And honestly, Smash Brothers is so good that it's probably worst the cost of the console. So, it wins. Plus, you can play all the cool Gamecube games you missed, like Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia Legends. So far, not a single RPG or strategy game or puzzle game on it worth playing, which sucks, but I see the Wii coming out ahead. Plus, it's big in Japan, so there'll be plenty of fun and creative games eventually coming out for it. Just.. not many yet. I waited in line 17 hours to get a Wii for my girlfriend,and she loves the hell out of it. So, yeah. If you have a girlfriend, definitely get one, they'll play with you!

The 360 has some cool games, but I see it kind of falling off the map soon since it is DEAD in Japan (where most good games come from). If you're REALLY into first person shooters, I'd pick it up, but yeah. I'm not a fan in the least.

The PS3 is a fucking piece of shit without a single good game. The PS1 and the PS2 were AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING systems with literally a hundred or so GREAT games on each system. The PS3 has not a single good game.

Honestly, the PS2 is still the best system around (fuck, Persona 3 and Odin Sphere just came out for it a few months ago, and those games are amazing! And Atlus is doing Persona 4 for it also! Plus, have you really played through La Pucelle, Phantom Brave, Disgaea 1 and 2, or Makai Kingdom yet? Didn't think so.. the ps2 RULES!), though the Nintendo DS has the only games I currently care about. So, yeah.. get a DS.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2007, 11:54 PM   #22
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Mario Galaxy is damn adictive.
Old 12.21.2007, 12:00 AM   #23
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I was hoping there would be an I don't know or care about video games option.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2007, 12:25 AM   #24
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I've been playing games for 16 years, and I can safely say that the current generation of consoles is by far the worst selection I've ever seen. Every one of the current consoles is pretty bad. But if you have to get one..

Let's see... the Wii is shitty, but it's cheap and it's got Zelda and Mario and Smash Brothers and Paper Mario! And honestly, Smash Brothers is so good that it's probably worst the cost of the console. So, it wins. Plus, you can play all the cool Gamecube games you missed, like Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia Legends. So far, not a single RPG or strategy game or puzzle game on it worth playing, which sucks, but I see the Wii coming out ahead. Plus, it's big in Japan, so there'll be plenty of fun and creative games eventually coming out for it. Just.. not many yet. I waited in line 17 hours to get a Wii for my girlfriend,and she loves the hell out of it. So, yeah. If you have a girlfriend, definitely get one, they'll play with you!

The 360 has some cool games, but I see it kind of falling off the map soon since it is DEAD in Japan (where most good games come from). If you're REALLY into first person shooters, I'd pick it up, but yeah. I'm not a fan in the least.

The PS3 is a fucking piece of shit without a single good game. The PS1 and the PS2 were AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING systems with literally a hundred or so GREAT games on each system. The PS3 has not a single good game.

Honestly, the PS2 is still the best system around (fuck, Persona 3 and Odin Sphere just came out for it a few months ago, and those games are amazing! And Atlus is doing Persona 4 for it also! Plus, have you really played through La Pucelle, Phantom Brave, Disgaea 1 and 2, or Makai Kingdom yet? Didn't think so.. the ps2 RULES!), though the Nintendo DS has the only games I currently care about. So, yeah.. get a DS.

Smash Bros isn't out yet! Wha?!
Old 12.21.2007, 12:35 AM   #25
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
my brother still plays the gamecube smash brothers. since you only have a n64 you can always get a gamecube. it's great system and it's only 99 bucks now.

get contra 4 for the ds if you haven't yet.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2007, 12:44 AM   #26
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
N64 is still great. Bond 007 is unbeatable.
Old 12.21.2007, 01:53 AM   #27
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
my brother still plays the gamecube smash brothers. since you only have a n64 you can always get a gamecube. it's great system and it's only 99 bucks now.

You might as well buy the Wii though because you can play all the game cube games on it.
Old 12.21.2007, 02:14 AM   #28
jakeonguitar
bad moon rising

jakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler

My (gamer) brother says that Gamecubes are now $30 used at any game store. That's pretty good.

I would go with Wii. I play my brother's when I have nothing better to do. It's innovative, cheap, and has all the rehashed characters you love from N64.
jakeonguitar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2007, 02:18 AM   #29
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
id leave the Wii to be something u play at your friends house
and buy a box or Pstriiiippleee
Old 12.21.2007, 02:21 AM   #30
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Wii for the win!
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2007, 04:35 AM   #31
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Sega Genesis Emulator + Sonic The Hedgehog 3+ PS2 controller as PC Joystick = Love
Old 12.21.2007, 09:56 AM   #32
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Amstrad GX4000.
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2007, 11:43 AM   #33
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
nes.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2007, 01:20 PM   #34
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
The Wii is a gimmick system. It's fun if you like to get your friends together to play video games. That's what I have DDR for. The graphics are sub par and with the exception of Mario and Zelda the games lack any kind of engaging depth. I'm ecstatically happy with my Xbox 360 and have no desire for any other system. The XBox live aspect of the system is great. Lots of game demos, HD trailers, and other cool freebies. It's also tons of fun to play people online.

I'm currenltly addicted to Mass Effect, Rock Star Table Tennis, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and DDR Universe.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2007, 01:23 PM   #35
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Actually - this paragraph is very good advice.
The DS is chock full of innovative, cool games with depth.

The PS2 has an unbeatable library and there are still amazing games being released for it at the moment.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
Old 12.21.2007, 01:54 PM   #36
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
No, Smash Brothers isn't out yet -- it comes in February, to the person who inquired. Absolutely do not get a Gamecube -- terrible advice. Might as well say, "Get a PS1!" I'd get a DS, by far. But by this time next year, there should be a definitive "next-gen console" to buy, there just aren't enough games to choose which of the 3 systems are the best yet (though the best really is the 360 right now just going by games alone, I see the quality dropping off real soon, like I said, since Japan is where the majority of good games come from, fact ).

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2007, 02:29 PM   #37
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
wii! you may end up with serious injuries so i strongly reccommend it. i have mentioned this but the other day we had a wii tournament and i got a huge chunk knocked off my tooth. not a fucking dent in the wiimote though.
Quote:
No, Smash Brothers isn't out yet -- it comes in February, to the person who inquired. Absolutely do not get a Gamecube -- terrible advice. Might as well say, "Get a PS1!" I'd get a DS, by far. But by this time next year, there should be a definitive "next-gen console" to buy, there just aren't enough games to choose which of the 3 systems are the best yet (though the best really is the 360 right now just going by games alone, I see the quality dropping off real soon, like I said, since Japan is where the majority of good games come from, fact ).

i want super smash sooo bad. i'll probably buy it like the day it comes out because that's my favorite game ever. i have it for the N64 though.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2007, 02:49 PM   #38
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I own a Wii and a 360 and there both a lot of fun but they both have there downsides. The wii is awesome at first but it tends to get boring after a while and the xbox is overall great but mine broke down like two times before and I know other people who's xboxes have fallen apart too.

So it's really a tie between those two.

PS3 sucks.
Old 12.21.2007, 03:23 PM   #39
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasher02
the xbox is overall great but mine broke down like two times before and I know other people who's xboxes have fallen apart too.

The newest Xboxes have better heatsinks and processors and don't have the breakdown problems that the earlier ones did. They also have nifty HDMI ports for your HDTV.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
Old 12.21.2007, 03:29 PM   #40
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangajunky
The newest Xboxes have better heatsinks and processors and don't have the breakdown problems that the earlier ones did. They also have nifty HDMI ports for your HDTV.
Well then it's settled buy an Xbox 360.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth