Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page do girls just want to have fun?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: do girls just want to have fun?
yes 12 31.58%
no 10 26.32%
the indie alternative 16 42.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07.30.2007, 04:11 PM   #21
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
except there's that double standard that it's okay for guys to kick back beers but if a woman even thinks of drinking anything but cutesy cosmos she's obviously a trainwreck.

bleh. i won't say anything because of the topic. anyways.

God bless beer goggles!
ThePits is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 04:24 PM   #22
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
except there's that double standard that it's okay for guys to kick back beers but if a woman even thinks of drinking anything but cutesy cosmos she's obviously a trainwreck.
I've been trying for four years to get my girlfriend to drink beer in an effort to get her a bit less girly, but she says she doesn't like it. I've nearly got her drinking whisky though, which is almost as good.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 04:53 PM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
girls just want to manipulate others and enjoy themselves at whatever cost possible, no matter how many people they step on or hurt. so, yes, they do just want to have fun, but they also want to be selfish, annoying, illogical, hurtful, and ridiculous.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 05:04 PM   #24
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
girls just want to manipulate others and enjoy themselves at whatever cost possible, no matter how many people they step on or hurt. so, yes, they do just want to have fun, but they also want to be selfish, annoying, illogical, hurtful, and ridiculous.

Sounds like you mix with the wrong ones.
Most of the ones I know wanna have fun, not suffer fools, enjoy themselves etc.
They tend to be smart, independant and pay their own way, not the bitter twisted leeches you describe.
Let me know where you drink, I'll avoid it like the plague
Old 07.30.2007, 05:33 PM   #25
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

No issues, eh...?
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 05:40 PM   #26
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
In the demo version of that song, the lyric was "Girls just wanna settle down with a rich guy, make babies, buy shoes and have lunch with their friends at fancy restaurants", but Ms Lauper objected on the grounds that the tune only allowed for seven syllables, so it got changed to "Girls just wan-na have fu-un". True fact. Maybe.

I'm going home now.

"Girls just wanna buy shoe-oes" would've fit the 7 syllables... a bit onesided lyrics perhaps, but probably still a hit.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 05:40 PM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I think almost every girl I've met is an idiot until a certain age. Like, from 15-23 or so, girls are fucking stupid. But after they mature, they end up being quite great. But we're not talking women, we're talking about girls, and girls are idiots, I've come to find out.

And no I'm not a woman-hater and all that shit, I've defended girls on this board many times. People in general are stupid, but girls seriously have ISSUES. I know it's their hormones, but yeah... almost every girl you meet is going to be a completely different person every week... anyone who's ever been in a serious relationship will know this for a fact (I've been dating the same girl 4 1/2 years, so I know it intimately; it's like I've fucked about 30 different people!).

So, exceptions to the rule and all, but girls tend to be quite dumb for a while. However, I've met many beautiful, intelligent, LOGICAL, caring, compassionate, wonderful women. They just gotta get over those awkward years...

As for dudes, dudes usually never change (without the aid of severe trauma or lots of drugs). So, that can be good or bad. But they almost never change THAT much.. hmm..

Old 07.30.2007, 05:50 PM   #28
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
Well, I think almost every girl I've met is an idiot until a certain age. Like, from 15-23 or so, girls are fucking stupid. But after they mature, they end up being quite great. But we're not talking women, we're talking about girls, and girls are idiots, I've come to find out.

And no I'm not a woman-hater and all that shit, I've defended girls on this board many times. People in general are stupid, but girls seriously have ISSUES. I know it's their hormones, but yeah... almost every girl you meet is going to be a completely different person every week... anyone who's ever been in a serious relationship will know this for a fact (I've been dating the same girl 4 1/2 years, so I know it intimately; it's like I've fucked about 30 different people!).

So, exceptions to the rule and all, but girls tend to be quite dumb for a while. However, I've met many beautiful, intelligent, LOGICAL, caring, compassionate, wonderful women. They just gotta get over those awkward years...

As for dudes, dudes usually never change (without the aid of severe trauma or lots of drugs). So, that can be good or bad. But they almost never change THAT much.. hmm..

Thanks for that deep and meaningful insight into the opposite sex, good to see chauvinism and mysogeny aren't dead yet
Old 07.30.2007, 05:52 PM   #29
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

haha well it's just the sonic youth board, no point in being too deep in my thoughts

I do like women though. Still, if they had a gummy venus de milo on their ass.. yeah..

Old 07.30.2007, 08:46 PM   #30
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

And every guy I've ever met has been fucking retarded. Good to see you aren't intent upon breaking the mold.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 09:01 PM   #31
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
i wear girl pants...that's pretty fun.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 09:03 PM   #32
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
people suck in general.

i just surround myself with hateful people and we write letters to varg vikernes.

as for girls just wanna have fun, most i've met are very neurotic about their lives so they get caught up in that, which leaves them not enjoying stuff; some others put too much effort into having fun, they really are working and stressing instead of having fun. then there's the girls who have fun, yet i don't know them.

but i can't see how they wouldn't want to have fun, I want to have fun too.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 09:10 PM   #33
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
that's because you're a girl

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 09:43 PM   #35
Silent Dan Speaks
the destroyed room

Silent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's asses
If by have fun, you mean get your hopes up and break your heart, then yes, they just want to fun.

If not, then I'm not sure what they want.
Silent Dan Speaks is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 09:49 PM   #36
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

You obviously didn't read my post, LuxInterior, preferring to skim over the parts that sound like I'm insulting your Lilith Fairedness, and now you feel "offended" cuz I insulted your "fellow empowered female"... when, uh, I didn't; I simply noted that girls are FUCKING CRAZY BITCHES because of their hormones and they can't handle the insanity.... I feel sorry for 'em, as I've said on this board before.. it's hard to be a female...

but usually, one day they became beautiful people... wow... man, I sure am hard on women by noting that I 1) feel compassionately about them and 2) I'm happy they get over it one day and become wonderful people... shit.. .I sure am the king of retarded men! I'm such a misogynist! Jesus Christ! I mean... what I'm saying -- my "point", if you will -- is, uh, pretty much *common sense* and doctors -- and any honest woman -- will tell you the same thing. So, obviously, you just suck and you want to go, "I'M A WOMAN! HEAR ME ROAR!" Meanwhile, you're insulting me in the same way that every Sonic Youth board member would get pissed at me for, if the tables were turned. "Men are retarded"? OH FUCK! YOU HATE MEN! MAN HATER! RAH RAH RAH!

But in all seriousness, I'm cool with women. Just not teenage girls. And if you actually want to .. haha .. DEFEND girls, then I guess you've never been on myspace! Hahah. Girls suck. Up to a certain point. And that was my point. So, if (note I'm saying if, not saying that you are -- don't want you to reply and go "OH NOW YOU'RE CALLING ME A RETARD BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!") you wanna be stupid and insulting over me pointing out the obvious, you're a fucking idiot yourself. Good work!

Old 07.30.2007, 10:08 PM   #37
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You obviously didn't read my post, LuxInterior, preferring to skim over the parts that sound like I'm insulting your Lilith Fairedness, and now you feel "offended" cuz I insulted your "fellow empowered female"... when, uh, I didn't; I simply noted that girls are FUCKING CRAZY BITCHES because of their hormones and they can't handle the insanity.... I feel sorry for 'em, as I've said on this board before.. it's hard to be a female...

but usually, one day they became beautiful people... wow... man, I sure am hard on women by noting that I 1) feel compassionately about them and 2) I'm happy they get over it one day and become wonderful people... shit.. .I sure am the king of retarded men! I'm such a misogynist! Jesus Christ! I mean... what I'm saying -- my "point", if you will -- is, uh, pretty much *common sense* and doctors -- and any honest woman -- will tell you the same thing. So, obviously, you just suck and you want to go, "I'M A WOMAN! HEAR ME ROAR!" Meanwhile, you're insulting me in the same way that every Sonic Youth board member would get pissed at me for, if the tables were turned. "Men are retarded"? OH FUCK! YOU HATE MEN! MAN HATER! RAH RAH RAH!

But in all seriousness, I'm cool with women. Just not teenage girls. And if you actually want to .. haha .. DEFEND girls, then I guess you've never been on myspace! Hahah. Girls suck. Up to a certain point. And that was my point. So, if (note I'm saying if, not saying that you are -- don't want you to reply and go "OH NOW YOU'RE CALLING ME A RETARD BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!") you wanna be stupid and insulting over me pointing out the obvious, you're a fucking idiot yourself. Good work!

Hey dipshit, I read every word of your post. If I hadn't, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'm not offended that you think all girls are apeshit, but rather I am surprised that you think your own gender is relatively okay and doesn't suffer from the same "raging hormones" or whatever it was that you expertly decided makes girls act the way they do.

I also love how you respond to me in such a way that it seems you're trying to make me feel guilty for defending girls--or what was it?--my "fellow empowered female," using such clever jabs as "I'm a woman, hear me roar," as if I will in turn try to downplay or apologize for the feminist angle I'm taking here. Don't count on it happening.

You say, "It's hard being female," but you wouldn't know the first thing about it, obviously.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 07.30.2007, 10:18 PM   #38
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

The fact that you're taking a feminist "angle" to begin with is why you come across as silly. And anyway, I was merely mocking you, because I felt like you didn't understand what I was saying. Immature, sure, but you said I was retarded like all other men, so what's the difference?

By the way.. When did I say "guys don't suffer from anger problems", etc? All I said was guys relatively stay the same, as people -- good or bad, as I said in the post. (Again, not including trauma and drugs which can make a good person really bad and even some bad people good!) I said girls MATURE. So, if anything, I'm making fun of guys for always being pretty much the same (not scientifically of course; we all completely change every 7 years).

And, yes, of course, I wouldn't know the first thing about being female, since I don't have a vagina, which I guess is the only way I can ever understand females for real. And that's actually probably true. But having lived with my mom and my grandma (and grandpa... no dad and no brothers, though, and one half sister who I've known a little) at various stages of my life, having been friends with more girls than guys for my whole life, having been dating for the past 8 years (and being cheated on -- don't worry, I'm not going to say "all girls are cheaters!"), and more specifically dating the same girl for the past 4 1/2 years... being around females almost 24/7 every day for years and years and years.... studying psychology and reading Cosmopolitan (every issue for the past 5 or 6 years; hey, it's a fun read!) and just genuinely being interested and always looking for information about who females are, why they are the way they are, etc..................................... I'm pretty sure I understand females pretty much as well as a person who isn't female probably could.

But I said "girls is all looney toonz", so I guess I know nothing.

Old 07.30.2007, 10:28 PM   #39
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
The fact that you're taking a feminist "angle" to begin with is why you come across as silly. And anyway, I was merely mocking you, because I felt like you didn't understand what I was saying. Immature, sure, but you said I was retarded like all other men, so what's the difference?

By the way.. When did I say "guys don't suffer from anger problems", etc? All I said was guys relatively stay the same, as people -- good or bad, as I said in the post. (Again, not including trauma and drugs which can make a good person really bad and even some bad people good!) I said girls MATURE. So, if anything, I'm making fun of guys for always being pretty much the same (not scientifically of course; we all completely change every 7 years).

And, yes, of course, I wouldn't know the first thing about being female, since I don't have a vagina, which I guess is the only way I can ever understand females for real. And that's actually probably true. But having lived with my mom and my grandma (and grandpa... no dad and no brothers, though, and one half sister who I've known a little) at various stages of my life, having been friends with more girls than guys for my whole life, having been dating for the past 8 years (and being cheated on -- don't worry, I'm not going to say "all girls are cheaters!"), and more specifically dating the same girl for the past 4 1/2 years... being around females almost 24/7 every day for years and years and years.... studying psychology and reading Cosmopolitan (every issue for the past 5 or 6 years; hey, it's a fun read!) and just genuinely being interested and always looking for information about who females are, why they are the way they are, etc..................................... I'm pretty sure I understand females pretty much as well as a person who isn't female probably could.

But I said "girls is all looney toonz", so I guess I know nothing.

I take a feminist angle to basically everything, because it's part of what I believe (you know, all of that bullshit about the sexes actually being equal--it must sound so progressive to you!). The sky is blue. Fish swim. You write inane, juvenile posts.

If you want to know anything about females, I'd suggest that you put down Cosmo and just stick with, you know, real life interaction with them.

Also, the next time you try to quote me, make sure I actually said whatever it is that you are quoting.

Oh yes, you're making fun of GUYS, not girls. Silly me. My 15 to 23-year-old girl brain is finally beginning to wrap itself around your backwards logic!

- Sebastian Bach

Old 07.30.2007, 10:36 PM   #40
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Also, may I just say, while I stand behind everything I've said thus far, that my initial response was obviously not meant to incite an argument. I just wanted to show you how ridiculous I thought you looked for trying to generalize and explain the behavior of young women. So don't project this man-hating agenda onto me when obviously it was done in jest, and in reaction to your own post which was basically what I said only in reverse.

- Sebastian Bach

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth