Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Shooting at Virginia Tech campus
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.18.2007, 02:16 AM   #281
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
it happend 2 or 3 days ago...
Old 04.18.2007, 07:42 AM   #282
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
so the killer has been identified. turns out he had a history of mental illness which included depression, stalking women and disturbing violent fantasies and had been in counselling. when he bought his guns no background check was done.

Yeah, I saw on the news last night that the ONLY background check is that for a criminal record, and even then they only really care if its been something violent or involving a weapon. The owner of the store where the shooter bought his weapon went on record saying: 'the sale went like thousands of others, he looked like all the other college boys that buy guns, there wasn't any reason for me not to sell him a weapon'.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 09:49 AM   #283
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
He walked into a Roanoke, Va, gun shop on March 13th and walked out with a Glock 9mm pistol and a box of practice ammunition by producing the necessary three forms of valid id and clearing the NCIC check.
He later bought the .22 at a pawn shop.

There's not even a waiting period in Virginia. Dateline reported last night also that "many of the guns used in crimes in New York City are purchased in Virginia."
Our attorney general has already initmated that he wouldn't expect any laws to necessarily change based on the massacre because of the constitutional issues it raises. In an interview he noted that it was "too early to discuss such matters...we don't even know how he obtained the weapons at this point." Which was funny, because the news already knew, yet he didn't, and, (guess what?), it's his motherfucking job to fucking know.

So, let's continue on with this "constitutional" protection theme, shall we?

Some of you may have seen the interviews with one of his English professors.
She eventually had to teach him separate from the rest of the class because he was weirding everyone out. Before this, she repeatedly approached the Dean, Student Affairs, and so on, about her concern over his persistently violent writings. VA Tech officials emphatically told her over and over that he was free to write whatever as long as he wasn't writing in the first person, that it was a free speech issue, and that the professor should only grade him based on his writing skills and not the content.
Additionaly, he recently set fire to a dorm room and was sent to counseling in 2005 for stalking two female students.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 10:23 AM   #284
Brett Robinson
bad moon rising

Brett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's asses
so why should the actions of a mentally unstable wackjob be responsible abolishing the constitutional right of almost 300 million non-whackjobs?
Old 04.18.2007, 10:28 AM   #285
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
He walked into a Roanoke, Va, gun shop on March 13th and walked out with a Glock 9mm pistol and a box of practice ammunition by producing the necessary three forms of valid id and clearing the NCIC check.
He later bought the .22 at a pawn shop.

There's not even a waiting period in Virginia. Dateline reported last night also that "many of the guns used in crimes in New York City are purchased in Virginia."
Our attorney general has already initmated that he wouldn't expect any laws to necessarily change based on the massacre because of the constitutional issues it raises. In an interview he noted that it was "too early to discuss such matters...we don't even know how he obtained the weapons at this point." Which was funny, because the news already knew, yet he didn't, and, (guess what?), it's his motherfucking job to fucking know.

So, let's continue on with this "constitutional" protection theme, shall we?

Well spotted, sir. That's got to be one of the most chickenshit excuses for not doing the job you're paid to do I've ever heard.
Old 04.18.2007, 10:29 AM   #286
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i wonder if his stories were any good
Old 04.18.2007, 10:39 AM   #287
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha, my old school (in another continent) used to conduct psychiatric exams of all admitted students. i am happy to report i did pass. a couple of people were pulled aside every year & their entranced delayed unless they got some kind of treatment i think.

here in america this is not done, & i wonder why, because i've seen my share of lunatics in college, and when i say lunatics i'm not joking. privacy my ass, locos can bea threat & they need to be watched.

ha, i said i would not post here, but these recent developments (a wackjob who had been identified but nothing was done about it) changed my mind.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

the profs knew about him, the students were all scared of him, he had been reported but "nothing could be done".

strange laws...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 10:44 AM   #288
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
sorry for my non american stance here but 1, its a tragedy, very very sad. horrible event in virginia. heartfelt feelings to all the victims, survivors and thei families.....

2. the constitutional right to bear arms, this is a very old old right. this will not change but surely there should be more legislation...
in virginia anyone can buy a gun if they are over 16 but for security reasons, they can buy only one gun........................... PER MONTH!!! to me, being from a country where you can buy a gun (shotgun, rifle, not pistols) with a long winded drawn out police check, identification check, criminal records, big licence fee renewable yearly, etc ec etc, that per month thing sounds daft....
surely sense will prevail at some stage. im not saying me shouldnt bear arms, im just saying men with the capability of killing with arms should be at the last not given a fucking free for all in the weapon shop!
Old 04.18.2007, 11:04 AM   #289
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Robinson
so why should the actions of a mentally unstable wackjob be responsible abolishing the constitutional right of almost 300 million non-whackjobs?
\

Great question.
Old 04.18.2007, 11:06 AM   #290
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and they did do the required background check.
those things do not check for "odd behaviour'
Old 04.18.2007, 11:07 AM   #291
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

there is no law and should be no law against acting "strange"

what there shoud be is vigilance.
Old 04.18.2007, 11:22 AM   #292
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
What this partially shows you is the result of alienation in our oh-so-superior contemporary society. We post these notes and pretend its "community".

In case anyone cares, that dudes play is posted at http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...071vtech1.html
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 11:28 AM   #293
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
What this partially shows you is the result of alienation in our oh-so-superior contemporary society. We post these notes and pretend its "community".

In case anyone cares, that dudes play is posted at http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...071vtech1.html

mang, he was a shitty writer, he mentioned to say "catholic priest", "michael jackson", "conspiracy", "john lennon" and "marilyn monroe" all in a single page!
Old 04.18.2007, 11:31 AM   #294
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
there is no law and should be no law against acting "strange"

what there shoud be is vigilance.

there's no law that says people are entitled to push the limits of an educational institution, are they?

out of a class of 70 people, 63 skipped class because they were afraid of him (see w. post article about nikki giovanni). one faculty member had to tutor him in private to avoid inconveniencing the other teachers.

this is the time when you should make registration contingent on having your head checked.

--

just imagine if he was in the nuclear engineering program instead of english
Old 04.18.2007, 11:32 AM   #295
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
mang, he was a shitty writer, he mentioned to say "catholic priest", "michael jackson", "conspiracy", "john lennon" and "marilyn monroe" all in a single page!

also, he accused his stepdad of wanting to get
in his mom's "pant" from the beginning.
although maybe that error was intentional,
meant to illustrate the poor boys erratic
mindset, that he was losing his grasp on
basic language skills.

nah...he was just a shit writer.
Old 04.18.2007, 11:36 AM   #296
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
also, he accused his stepdad of wanting to get
in his mom's "pant" from the beginning.
although maybe that error was intentional,
meant to illustrate the poor boys erratic
mindset, that he was losing his grasp on
basic language skills.

nah...he was just a shit writer.

yep yep. the final lines of his "play" are:
Quote:
(Out of sheer desecrated hurt and anger, Richard lifts his large arms and swings a deadly blow at the thirteen year old boy.)

that poor asshole needed an intervention. he was evidently crazy. how do people like that slip through the cracks, i don't know.
Old 04.18.2007, 11:39 AM   #297
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
there's no law that says people are entitled to push the limits of an educational institution, are they?

out of a class of 70 people, 63 skipped class because they were afraid of him (see w. post article about nikki giovanni). one faculty member had to tutor him in private to avoid inconveniencing the other teachers.

this is the time when you should make registration contingent on having your head checked.

--

just imagine if he was in the nuclear engineering program instead of english

you are correct, but that is why I said we need vigilance. he is in a university. plenty of crazy shit gores down at universities, with freaks and weirdos galore, loners, psychos, etc.
Old 04.18.2007, 11:40 AM   #298
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I printed out his plays yesterday and read them. they were ridiculously psycho. stupid and forced and horrible and seemed like a 13 year old was writing them.
Old 04.18.2007, 11:41 AM   #299
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
you are correct, but that is why I said we need vigilance. he is in a university. plenty of crazy shit gores down at universities, with freaks and weirdos galore, loners, psychos, etc.

ok, could you explain "vigilance" in concrete terms? you think also people who are disturbed should have admission contingent on not being a danger to others? there's a difference between a psychiatrist's assessment and a cop's "he hasn't done anything yet"
Old 04.18.2007, 11:48 AM   #300
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
What this partially shows you is the result of alienation in our oh-so-superior contemporary society.

I agree with this, and I think that this is more the root of the issue than the availability of guns.

I also think that this explains why there is a greater frequency of these acts in America. we do not have the same sense of community as most countries. hell, I don't even know my next door neighbors all that well...

disassociation amongst peers and the community is a byproduct of our times. look at how people treat each other on the internet? it's like road rage brought on from lack of tangible connection to those around you.

the only solution any of us here could hope to bring, would be a stronger dedication toward treating your fellow man better. you can't fix crazy, and I don't think that "being treated better" would have stopped this individual, but hopefully some sort of offset can be achieved.

god, I sound like a hippy now.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
121314 15 16171825 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth