Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.30.2010, 08:32 PM   #2641
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.dcisozone.com/downloads/4...Bus-Guide.html

I highly reccomend this game, one of the best ever! You know how most games are, y'know, intense and nuts? This is peaceful, and beautiful... you have to keep a speed limit, brake softly, give signal for going left or right etc, play realistically.. and it rules! Just something really bizarre and amazing about it. It's much better than that one Penn and Teller game I have for the Sega CD (burnt)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_&_...ke_and_Mirrors

Desert Bus

Desert Bus is the best known trick minigame in the package, and was a featured part of Electronic Gaming Monthly's preview. The objective of the game is to drive a bus from Tucson, Arizona to Las Vegas, Nevada in real time at a maximum speed of 45mph. The feat requires 8 hours of continuous play to complete, since the game cannot be paused.
The bus contains no passengers, contains little scenery (an occasional rock or stop sign will appear at the side of the road), and there is no traffic. The road between Tucson and Las Vegas is without exception completely straight. The bus veers to the right slightly; as a result, it is impossible to tape down a button to go do something else and have the game end properly. If the bus veers off the road it will stall and be towed back to Tucson, also in real time. If the player makes it to Las Vegas, they will score exactly one point. The player then gets the option to make the return trip to Tucson—for another point (a decision they must make in a few seconds or the game ends). Players may continue to make trips and score points as long as their endurance holds out. Some players who have completed the trip have also noted that, although the scenery never changes, a bug splats on the windscreen about five hours through the first trip, and on the return trip the light does fade, with differences at dusk, and later a pitch black road where the player is guided only with headlights.
Penn says, "The best part of that I think was an idea that was not mine, not Teller’s, and not Barry Marx, who designed the game with us. It was an idea by Eddie Gorodetsky, one of the producers on Two and a Half Men, really funny guy. I think that Eddie G. is one of the funniest guys in the world."
Penn Jillette commented in his radio show that the overly realistic nature of the game was in response to Janet Reno and the controversy surrounding violent video games at the time. He also stated that there would have been a prize for the person or group to get the highest score in the game, also substantiated by the various "Desert Bus" contest materials prepared for the release of the game. Penn said that the prize "was going to be, you got to go on Desert Bus from Tucson to Vegas with showgirls and a live band and just the most partying bus ever. You got to Vegas, we're going to put you up at the Rio, big thing, and then, you know, big shows."[1], although this contest did not happen. Some have played the game using a tool-assisted emulator, managing to obtain 99 points, the maximum the game allows. A run of this length would have taken over 41 days to complete in real time.[

.......the weirdest game ever (at least next to Kitano's anti-game and Mr. Mosquito)?

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2010, 08:34 PM   #2642
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, and as usual, I've been playing Lumines. I finally got it back from my girlfriend -- I'm going to buy her an a few of my friends copies for Christmas this year, since everyone is so addicted to it. Since getting it back last week, I've put 13 more hours on it (in addition to my usual "listening to music" and now "burning/playing Dreamcast games" -- maybe this explain why I haven't done any movie stuff lately -- er, besides writing a 29 page script and shooting about 100 videos this week, haha).

Anyway, my high score is only 57,000! I did get to that in a super intense 14 minutes though. I see 999,9999 videos online and it bums me out. Lumines, mmm.

Old 09.30.2010, 11:30 PM   #2643
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

DUX

The Dreamcast will never die -- this shooter came out a little more than a year ago, and is really fucking fun, for a cheap little indie title. Oh, and look, y'all...

HeavyMetalMe: Are you currently open to, or have already taken suggestions for the game play of DUX from ordinary games?
René: I’m not too sure about this. P.N.03 has been one of the inspirations when it comes the very whitish and clean look. Maybe its to scoring aspects is an inspiration too.

P.N.03 influence. Gotta get on that now, eh?

Also, got this:
BALDR FORCE EXE

A weird new Dreamcast adventure/2D Shooter with tons of cinemas. What the hell?

Old 10.01.2010, 04:23 AM   #2644
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Old 10.01.2010, 07:02 AM   #2645
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I've had Mr. Driller for the Playstation for like 10 years... is the DC version different at all?

Puzzle Fighter II is on the DC also, I was thinking of getting it even though I have the PS version, but I don't think there's any differences with it.

I don't know if it's differnt. Probably not. Puzzle Fighter is my favorite puzzler of all time. Also, Desert Bus is hilarious. haha.
Old 10.01.2010, 07:03 AM   #2646
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses

This month the Game Boy Player Land blog will be heavily focusing on the macabre. As a huge horror movie fan, I've always had a soft spot for horror-themed games. And though I've wanted to write about them in spurts all month, I thought it would make for a really fun October if I just saved all the posts up for this 1st annual Spooktacular. All month long I'll be bombarding the blog with posts relating to ghosts, goblins, witches and the like. This month on the Game Boy Player Land blog, everyday is Halloween.

http://rfgeneration.com/blogs/noiseredux
Old 10.01.2010, 01:21 PM   #2647
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I wanted to read an actual article!
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2010, 01:31 PM   #2648
noisereductions
invito al cielo

first one tomorrow, then new ones every 2-3 days.
Old 10.01.2010, 02:31 PM   #2649
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
I kinda want a DC now..
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2010, 04:19 AM   #2650
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
^^it was segas farewell gift from when the companys phase of being cool and creating pioneering stuff. now sega sucks ass.

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2010, 01:18 AM   #2651
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

street fighter iii: third impact (dreamcast)

...And you know what? It's, uh, alright. There's a great Fatal Fury game for the DC, Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the DC, Capcom vs SNK for the DC, Marvel vs Capcom 2 (which is overrated, but...) for the DC.... and best of all, Guilty Gear X for the DC. Get any of those, or maybe even the King of Fighters, over Street Fighter III!

No, I dunno. The gameplay is good, it's just... okay, nearly all the characters are horrible (hence why, 12 years after release, none of them have really appeared in any other games, except for spin-offs or "Super" SF IV). Dudley is just Balrong. Necro is just Dhalsim and Blanka combined. Hugo was just ridiculous. A ton of Zangief-ish characters, 2 Fei Long characters (who are twins), a Sagat-ish character, and of course, 2 dudes dressed like Ryu and Ken who have some of the same movies. In a way, it was cool that they decided to make an all-new roster (aside from Akuma, Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li), but uh. Yeah. These characters blow. Especially compare it to something like SF Alpha games where all the new characters were awesome. And what was with the Q guy, who kinda looks like a Watchmen character? My biggest thing is -- I usually like to play as girls, as I've noticed the fighting style of the female characters is usually more in tune with how I play, and there was only one girl I liked (of the only-3 in the game!)... Ibuki..

All the rest sucked! What was the deal with TWELVE? Was he supposed to be Carnage, the T-1000, and Reptile rolled into one?! Also, what exactly is the point of going invisible if you turn completely visible as soon as you do even one move?! "Ha ha! I took the 2 second animation to become invisible so I could invisibly get a little punch on you!!!!!! Ha ha!" Just a weirdly sloppy game. The actual mechanics of the gameplay are pretty fun, but nothing you can't get from Alpha 3 (which is faster and more satisfying) and vs. SNK 2 (which is just better in every way).

I dunno. Just a weird game. Is 4 any good?

Old 10.04.2010, 01:20 AM   #2652
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
SF3 has the best ken imo
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2010, 02:20 AM   #2653
ink.
the end of the ugly

ink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's asses
fallout 3
ink. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2010, 02:34 AM   #2654
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

DARKSTALKERS 3.

I'm sorry, but this game is... FUCKING BADASS!

Also, I played this for 2 hours earlier;

Irritating Stick.

Basically, you guide a stick through an electrified maze, and that's it. There are occasionally robots that chase you and stuff. Sounds boring, doesn't it? Well, uh yeah, maybe. But uh... I dug it.

Old 10.04.2010, 02:37 AM   #2655
ink.
the end of the ugly

ink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's asses
^^ I get obsessed with puzzle games. I'd totally play that for hours
ink. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2010, 11:42 AM   #2656
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

I dunno. Just a weird game. Is 4 any good?

meh....some new characters, 2 of which I find extremely annoying. I'm still waitin' to player "Super" SF4
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2010, 12:14 PM   #2657
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I am in hour 94 of Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion
Old 10.04.2010, 04:54 PM   #2658
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses

Ladies and Gentlemen.. It's fucking on
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2010, 05:15 PM   #2659
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Found my old disk, about to play this...

haha
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2010, 07:11 PM   #2660
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody

Ladies and Gentlemen.. It's fucking on

Fuck yeah, got Power Stone 2 last night.

Been playing these on and off all day:

bangai-o

zone of the enders 2

guilty gear xx ancient core... Okay, this is the best 2D fighting game ever. Even the original creator of Street Fighter 2 said, "I don't see the point of anyone making any new 2D fighting games -- Guilty Gear is the only game you need in that area." He's right. So fun, so full of life, everything just feels RIGHT.. it's hardcore as fuck... man. AWESOME FUCKING GAME.

83123130131132 133 134135136143183233 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth