Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.27.2010, 09:34 PM   #2601
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Nope, I stopped at the, um, the 5th ps2 iteration of it, haha. I mean, it's worse than Street Fighter, with all the spin-offs. Then again, when they finally made a sequel, it was like an adventure game...?!

Batman for the NES. LOVE this game, walljumping always impresses me of course. You know, this was the first game I owned for the NES -- and I was always kinda scared by the opening, that jarring "dun dunnnnnnnnnn" as you see Batman flash and then it fades to black and then the title comes back on. Playing it on emulator now, and um, it does that, too, on this one -- I seriously have thought for years there was something wrong with my copy. I wonder what the deal is with that. Very strange.

Anyway, the music is done by the guy who did the Journey to Silius music, which explains the superstrong melodies and very deep bass grooves. The graphics are incredible! So detailed! (also check out Batman: Return of the Joker -- while the gameplay isn't as good, the music and graphics are INCREDIBLE!)

Anyway, I'd never beaten this game before but I got damn close today, got to the last level at least. It's not that hard of a game, just kinda cheap at times (the jumping enemies with the devil horns in the sewer level).

Anyway, worth playing just for some of the precision walljumping -- just fun jumping around. Great atmosphere. Seeing the graphics on this make me really wonder what they could've done on the NES -- looking back on it, SO MANY NES games had undetailed backgrounds, and simple music that mainly just consisted of looping high pitched melodies. When you see this game and Rekka and Castlevania 3, with the high speed highly melodic complex musical arrangements... and the superdetailed dark backgrounds with beautiful artistry... and then playing LITTLE SAMSON recently, which is so gameplay-intensive (dragons flying around, jumping from wall to wall while blasting shit, etc)... I mean, yeah. They really could have done some more awesome things with the system... I mean, I love the NES, but it seems like only Nintendo, Konami, Capcom, Sunsoft, and Netsume (Abadox, S.C.A.T, Shatterhand, Shadow of the Ninja) really took advantage of the hardware.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2010, 09:40 PM   #2602
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, earlier in the day, I was playing the hell out of this:

COCORON! FROM THE DEVELOPER OF LITTLE SAMSON!

Attention, everyone... PLAY THIS GAME! There's a U.S. english hack of it, and yeah.

Okay, in the beginning of the game, you choose a head, a body, and weapons.. you can choose, say, a werewolf head (gives you more health), a dragon body (lets you fly), and ninja stars for weapons (versus swords, fire, other things). That alone is cool -- there are about 10 variables of 3 character traits, meaning you can create tons and tons of different combinations of character. Think of Mega Man but you get to choose from the beginning to be part Cutman, part Napalm Man, and.. oh.. part Shade Man (and not just their weapon power, you could float like Shade Man as well!!!)!

Then, some weird ass elephant with a pink umbrella sends you to dream land, and you go from forests to caves and other weird ass locations, shooting the shit out of monsters and solving insane puzzles.

MINDBLOWING GAME!

Old 09.28.2010, 08:28 PM   #2603
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Real-life Pac-Man discovered!
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2010, 08:37 PM   #2604
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

and

IMO, these were probably the last 2 fighting games that really excited me in any meaningful way. Everything else -- including sequels/spinoffs of these games -- feels bland compared to these classics.
Guilty Gear ruuuules. So, sick. I have buddy's that rule this shit
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2010, 08:49 PM   #2605
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
playing Final Fantasy Legend III. Forgot how great it was.
Old 09.29.2010, 04:49 AM   #2606
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yeah, Joe, EVERYONE made fun of my ex for getting with a dull, fat, jobless, idiot... but she was sooooo eager to rip me off $200 and go to Florida, so she could sit on her ass for a year and not have a job or do anything at all... also, she lives 4 hours away from him and sees him like once a month, for a few hours.. real meaningful relationship! Really worth breaking up a SEVEN YEAR relationship for.

....ANYWAY, if you guys wanna see a good cosplay, type CAMMY COSPLAY into google..

how can you live of 200$ for a year???
where is my greencard? hrhrhr

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2010, 04:51 AM   #2607
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

dont like to relink myself, but anyways

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2010, 08:59 AM   #2608
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

whoa

Old 09.29.2010, 09:18 AM   #2609
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I know, it's creepy.
Old 09.29.2010, 01:23 PM   #2610
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Old 09.29.2010, 04:30 PM   #2611
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Cosmic Smash (DC)

Think Rez, meets Arkanoid, meets Virtua Tennis. Yeah, it's kinda like that...

Pretty cool game.
Old 09.29.2010, 07:08 PM   #2612
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ that looks fun!

Supposedly there's a DC emulator for the PS3....cun't wait!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2010, 07:13 PM   #2613
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses

I love Pokemon so much.

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2010, 07:25 PM   #2614
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Heh, I found out about those games a few days ago, Joe, when reading something called the top 10 dreamcast games that matter.

I just bought a brand new dreamcast, and burned games for it -- works great. Replaced Ikaruga and Chaos Field already since I traded those and some other gamecube games and my gamecube for this $1200 laptop! I am downloading SO MANY games... Beats of Rage, 480 Genesis games, like 700 SNES games, Marvel vs Capcom 2, tons of shooters, Jet Grind Radio, EGG, all kinds of awesome shit..

Old 09.29.2010, 08:10 PM   #2615
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses

Old 09.30.2010, 12:09 AM   #2616
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
^ that looks fun!

Supposedly there's a DC emulator for the PS3....cun't wait!

It really is. At first I was a little disappointed, because the game felt too easy, and I got bored. But the game design definitely increases in cleverness and difficulty as the stages progress. It'll get to the point where you'll be landing that last trick to clear the stage with 1 second left on the timer, and seeing the flashy-angled replay is SO rewarding! The game has such an old school heart, yet the graphics are so sleak, and timeless - I love it.

Oh man, DC is the way to go. I'm telling ya, if Keith Apicary ever finds the Dreamcast 2 - I'm hunting his ass down Rambo style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadetHayden

I love Pokemon so much.

I recently got a free copy of Yellow version (I had Red as a kid) and I almost fell asleep playing it. It's way too simple of an RPG for me, man. There's just nothing to it. I think the appeal to me when I was younger, was building my collection, training the shit out of my Poke'mon, and demolishing anyone who would battle me. I truly felt like a badass Poke'mon trainer.

Yellow version is especially awful, because it has stupid-ass Pikachu following you around the whole time, like in the tv show, which is the lamest thing I can think of. Why the hell would I want my choice for my initial Poke'mon to be limited from 3 to 1? Then they have me bumping into this dumb asshole every 2 minutes because the game design is so poor that they can't just have the other member(s) of your party instantly wrap behind you, like in EVERY OTHER FUCKING RPG!! Then you try punching the moronic bastard, and all it lets you do is talk to him, and you know what he does??? He pouts!! What a pussy. Fuck that game.

Quote:
Heh, I found out about those games a few days ago, Joe, when reading something called the top 10 dreamcast games that matter.

I just bought a brand new dreamcast, and burned games for it -- works great. Replaced Ikaruga and Chaos Field already since I traded those and some other gamecube games and my gamecube for this $1200 laptop! I am downloading SO MANY games... Beats of Rage, 480 Genesis games, like 700 SNES games, Marvel vs Capcom 2, tons of shooters, Jet Grind Radio, EGG, all kinds of awesome shit..

Haha, I just read that article today when hunting down pics for this thread!

You got Ikaruga and MvC2 to work? Did you find a .cdi? If not, what program did you use? Does IMGburn work for DC games? PM me dude!

The Dreamcast works great as an emulator. I have to reburn my Genesis disc though, Zombies Ate My Neighbors freezes at the title screen with the one I have now, and that was the game I was looking forward to most. I haven't been able to find the Genesis version at any of my usual shops, and the SNES version with it's purple blood can suck my nuts.

That's a really good deal you got for your GC though. Is there some sort of abstract sense of value in Indiana? I don't get it. How many games did you have? Damn.

I sold most of my original GC games back when I went through my "I hate gaming phase", and am still rebuilding the collection piece by piece. I love my GC. It really has some outstanding exclusives that still hold up today, and I still feel that it's graphics look smoother than any other system from it's generation. Besides, it IS the definitive way to play RE4 - even Mikami said so! Thanks for that page with all that info on God Hand, by the way.
Old 09.30.2010, 12:18 AM   #2617
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Rainbow Cotton (DC)

I'm pretty sure I suck at this game. It's lame having to aim at all of the baddies, and steer with the same analogue stick. I keep wanting to do a barrel roll like in Starfox. I think the fairies are trying to guide me Ocarina of Time style, but I don't speak Japanese whatsoever. It's certainly no Panzer Dragoon Orta, but the graphics are really colorful, and playing as a witch is pretty cool.
Old 09.30.2010, 01:09 AM   #2618
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Why are you so obsessed with pm'ing, Joe? Hah. Anyway, Ikaruga is only 17mb! Of course it works -- why wouldn't it? Just go to dcisozone. I canceled the MvC2 download. I thought about it and decided I didn't really want it, since I had it for the ps2 and didn't care for it. Instead I burnt Guilty Gear X instead, and it's the best 2D Fighter I've ever played. The SNES and Genesis discs didn't work for me.. which ones did you download?

DREAMCAST FOR LIFE.

Also, as far as this laptop -- my friend is rich. I traded him a Gamecube, with a ton of games (and I only had the rarest and best games) and Marvel vs Capcom 2. He owed me like $600. He gave me a $1200 laptop that he'd had for 3 years, so yeah. Good deal for both of us imo.

Anyway, playing

RISE OF THE TRIAD homebrew for the Dreamcast

and

GUILTY GEAR X.. okay, yeah, this is by far the best fighting game I've ever played.

Old 09.30.2010, 01:35 AM   #2619
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Ha, pbsessed? Na, I just didn't wanna bog this fun thread down with any more technical info. My post to you about burning DC games was like a novel. Plus, you know how easily this site gets googled. If you had some good rips of those titles, I thought maybe it'd be best to keep 'em on the d/l to ensure they remain uploaded.

But, I get all of my shit from EmuParadise.

http://www.emuparadise.org/Sega_Dreamcast_ISOs/1

Scroll down to "Dreamcast Other" for the emulators. They don't have an SNES one. I didn't even think they made 'em since the Dreamcast controller is one button short of the SNES controlller.

My Ikaruga didn't come as a .cdi file, so discjuggler couldn't read it. Same problem with MvC2, and DOA2. Also I've been trying to make a proper copy of Bangai-O. Except it always fucks up my vertical-sync to the point where it's unplayable, whether I choose 50hz or 60hz. I've tried both an NTSCU and PAL copy. I'll definitely hit up DCisozone now though.
Old 09.30.2010, 02:25 AM   #2620
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Just go to dcisozone and get the 17mb Ikaruga. I fucked up like 10 discs today trying to figure out shit -- but Ikaruga worked beautifully, and it was the first one I burned. Simple as hell. And honestly, if I never get a single other game working -- though I have since -- I'd be happy with Ikaruga being the only game I ever got working for the DC.

Me you and NOISEREDUCTIONS make up 99% of the posts on here so feel free to "bog down" the thread with a couple of sentences. I don't think two paragraphs of useful information is a novel, and it's easy for people to ignore. I get way too many PM's as it is, as soon as I clear them I max out to 50 in a day. I don't mind, but I'd rather just tell people shit in a thread.

I use emuparadise for psx roms but the DC isos seem a bit fucked up compared to dcisozone. I've gotten 3 NON-working emuparadise dc roms, meanwhile I've burned 4 perfectly-working-fine dcisozone roms.

Heh, that dc-scene site NOISEREDUCTIONS mentioned is dead.

81121128129130 131 132133134141181231 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth