Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Can someone like Glenn Branca but not Sonic Youth?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.17.2007, 10:06 AM   #21
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I like how, amongst SY fans, Branca is considered a proper grown-up composer. I know a fair few classical types, and most of them struggle with Cage and the New York school, have no time for Penderecki or Xenakis (and the like). Branca is way off the radar, generally speaking. That's not to say he doesn't compose, but I've never known his name mentioned in classical circles. I like Branca a lot, but he does seem to be more like a composed music for rock kids than bringing rock to classical (it was there already).

Anyway, in response to the question at hand, I've got plenty of mates who can't abide SY but really got off on Branca. It was me who loaned them said Branca, but still. You do all know that there are absolutely hundreds of thousands of people out there who can't abide SY, right?

i kinda mentioned that earlier.

and about the "hundreds of thousands of people out there who can't abide SY", well, most of them can't abide branca either, if they ever heard any.

you kinda answered the question of the topic.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth