Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.09.2019, 02:56 PM   #24281
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Like a fiddle, indeed.

Pretty good. Could have been better, I suppose, but still pretty good.
will try to catch, ptsd & all
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2019, 11:44 AM   #24282
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2019, 08:35 PM   #24283
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Old 09.16.2019, 11:40 AM   #24284
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Raisin in the Sun. TCM has TONS of movies on demand
Old 09.16.2019, 02:31 PM   #24285
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

if you're into conspiracy theories, you might like this documentary. The way that it is told is not so appealing, but if it's true what they are claiming, then it's quite bizarre.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2019, 06:56 PM   #24286
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
well, finally managed to make the time

great little movie that’s mostly about intimate stuggles but for some moments flirts with the epic (the bar mitzvah reminds me of the wedding in the deer hunter). otherwise it’s a very 60’s sort of thing, and beautifully done. do not care for the little shithead, but—ah, glenda jackson!

Old 09.17.2019, 02:22 AM   #24287
d.sound
children of satan

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
Ok. The Thing:

Why does an Antarctic research station need a flamethrower? What are they going to burn, snow?

Addendum, speaking of author Joseph Campbell, anybody seen A Boy and His Dog? Great movie!

http://seatone.bandcamp.com
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2019, 03:32 AM   #24288
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
well, finally managed to make the time

great little movie thatís mostly about intimate stuggles but for some moments flirts with the epic (the bar mitzvah reminds me of the wedding in the deer hunter). otherwise itís a very 60ís sort of thing, and beautifully done. do not care for the little shithead, butóah, glenda jackson!

"It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"."

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2019, 03:33 AM   #24289
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
Ok. The Thing:

Why does an Antarctic research station need a flamethrower? What are they going to burn, snow?

Addendum, speaking of author Joseph Campbell, anybody seen A Boy and His Dog? Great movie!

Why wouldn't an Antarctic research station have a flamethrower?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2019, 06:42 AM   #24290
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
"It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"."
o man, no spoilers!
Old 09.17.2019, 11:36 AM   #24291
d.sound
children of satan

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
I started rewatching The Wizard last night. Awesomely bad! Fred Savage! Christian Slater! Jenny Lewis! Yup, that Jenny Lewis.

It's basically an hour and a half ad for Nintendo.

Old 09.17.2019, 12:38 PM   #24292
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Specifically, featuring the first reveal of a Super Mario Bros. 3. That was such a big thing for Nintendo owners, of which I was one.

LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2019, 08:42 PM   #24293
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I started rewatching The Wizard last night. Awesomely bad! Fred Savage! Christian Slater! Jenny Lewis! Yup, that Jenny Lewis.

So you're saying this character described the power glove AND the movie?

Old 09.18.2019, 04:19 AM   #24294
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

quite impressively uncomfortable.
The movie starts with a naked Scarlett Johansson undressing another woman, and then taking on her clothes. Which sounds exciting, except that the other woman is dead

Old 09.18.2019, 09:55 AM   #24295
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_

quite impressively uncomfortable.
The movie starts with a naked Scarlett Johansson undressing another woman, and then taking on her clothes. Which sounds exciting, except that the other woman is dead
hahahaha

yes, great movie
Old 09.19.2019, 12:12 PM   #24296
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

A suggestion to anyone that has never seen this movie before. This week it is 75 years ago that these events occurred. See also the wiki page on Operation Market Garden

I must admit that it's a long time since I've seen it myself. I've seen so many documentaries about WOII as a kid that I don't want to watch war movies anymore.

Old 09.19.2019, 10:35 PM   #24297
d.sound
children of satan

SMB 3 is still my favorite game of all time.

Old 09.21.2019, 08:53 AM   #24298
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Criterion remaster version of The Human Condition, 1959 anti imperialism epic

https://www.criterion.com/films/2106...uman-condition
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2019, 11:05 PM   #24299
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

2 rewatches:

earlier:

the fifth element
still fun. and sure leeloo is hot and all that but nothing in that movie is as demented and hilarious as chris tucker

except maybe for ian holm hahaha.

later:

marathon man

total 70s classic. suspenseful and terrifying. and marthe keller, mmm-mmm-mmmm!
i avoided using a film frame here for spoilers. highly recommended.
715111511651205121212131214 1215
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth