Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.01.2018, 10:02 AM   #1901
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
currently “working” thru and father ted + grounded for life + jean claude van johnson on amazon, but will add to watchlist for when one clears.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.01.2018, 02:27 PM   #1902
ilduclo
expwy. to yr skull

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Miniaturist (BBC1) Really well done. Holland 1600's. Great costumes, interiors and acting. It did, however, have a bit of a supernatural element to it that felt contrived. Romola Garai and Alex Hassell were great in this, 2 parter, 2.5 hours. I was impressed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2bQ4_pYqZU
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2018, 06:33 PM   #1903
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I JUST WATCHED PETER CAPALDI’S FINAL EPISODE AS THE DOCTOR!

He turned out to be such a badass Doctor.

He’d be a good Dream/Morpheus from “Sandman” also, methinks.

Ugh. Time for Jodie Whittaker.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2018, 07:52 PM   #1904
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I JUST WATCHED PETER CAPALDI’S FINAL EPISODE AS THE DOCTOR!

He turned out to be such a badass Doctor.

He had the qualities to be one of the best but I think the final verdict has to be that he did a very good job with often not that great material. But just as Jodie replaces Pete, so Chibnall replaces Moffat, and an entirely new era begins.

EDIT: Great call on Morpheus, btw.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2018, 08:20 PM   #1905
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
He had the qualities to be one of the best but I think the final verdict has to be that he did a very good job with often not that great material. But just as Jodie replaces Pete, so Chibnall replaces Moffat, and an entirely new era begins.

EDIT: Great call on Morpheus, btw.

Thanks! Yeah, that just came to me last night. Think itís kind of perfect. I also think Neil Gaiman wrote his version of Sandman with a lot of Doctor-esque qualities, because Neilís such a mad fucking Whovian. So the parts just might be symbiotic by nature. I think Tennant could handle it too. But Capaldi *looks* the part. And has plenty of natural menace in his face.

I was not a fan of his Doctor at first, but he grew on me big time. As a Doctor I just loved him. He gave some of the greatest monologues Iíve ever seen in the series, and heís one of the better actors to ever try the role. I think his Doctor + the writing of the Tenant era + the production budget and arcs of the Smith era, all combined would make for a near-perfect Doctor.

Iím actually looking forward to the new gal. I just havenít liked her in anything else. But I trust the franchise. Itís going to be a new era, for sure.
Old 01.05.2018, 05:34 PM   #1906
Severian
invito al cielo

I’m finally watching Mad Man, and goddammit it actually is really good. I was kind of hoping I’d be able to be too cool for Mad Men, but it’s just really goddamn well-made, and Don Draper has fucking chopped off a little piece of my soul and put it in his pocket and now I need to follow him around until I get it back.

Dammit.

I thought I was gonna be too cool for the Americans too. But ... well, that’s obviously not a thing.
Old 01.06.2018, 09:48 AM   #1907
ilduclo
expwy. to yr skull

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Insecure first season. Ms Ild & I are liking it
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2018, 10:20 AM   #1908
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Insecure first season. Ms Ild & I are liking it

Itís pretty good. Gets addictive as hell.
Old 01.06.2018, 11:09 AM   #1909
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
cant get enough of father ted at the moment. a real pleasure to watch the episodes in order instead of waiting for them to show up on pbs randomly

i think about it randomly and start laughing to myself like a crazy
Old 01.09.2018, 09:04 PM   #1910
Peterpuff
bad moon rising

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
The new Black Mirror's USS Callister episode was one of the most enjoyable 1.5 hours I have ever watched. Absolutely loved it.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2018, 11:33 PM   #1911
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
The new Black Mirror's USS Callister episode was one of the most enjoyable 1.5 hours I have ever watched. Absolutely loved it.

Is Black Mirror an anthology or something? Different cast/local every season?

Iíve never seen it. I hear itís really uncomfortably terrifying.

Lemme know if Iím missing something good.
Old 01.10.2018, 02:15 AM   #1912
tw2113
the end of the ugly

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Is Black Mirror an anthology or something? Different cast/local every season?

Iíve never seen it. I hear itís really uncomfortably terrifying.

Lemme know if Iím missing something good.
I may be wrong, but i think it's per-episode, with short seasons/series, depending on where you are in the world for verbiage.

S1 is 3 episodes
S2 is 4
S3-4 is 6 each.
Old 01.10.2018, 11:44 AM   #1913
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
I may be wrong, but i think it's per-episode, with short seasons/series, depending on where you are in the world for verbiage.

S1 is 3 episodes
S2 is 4
S3-4 is 6 each.

Sorry I mean ďlocaleĒ not ďlocal.Ē I was asking about the setting and characters.

Like, is it like American Horror Story? Different story every season with different characters, all thinly woven together and co-existing under a loose greater ďtheme,Ē or is it just like a regular show, where you follow the same basic story and characters from episode 1 to the end?
Old 01.10.2018, 11:50 AM   #1914
Peterpuff
bad moon rising

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113

S1 is 3 episodes
S2 is 4
S3-4 is 6 each.

Yes, correct. Stand-alone episodes. Each "episode" is it's own little twisted short story. Very Twilight Zone or Tales from the Crypt, I think.

I really love the series in general. Some episodes can be hit or miss, but I really dig it as a whole.

Quote:
I’ve never seen it. I hear it’s really uncomfortably terrifying.

It is, and that is what turns a lot of people off on it. I am absolutely the target market for it though. It really speaks to my apprehension and disdain for modern technology and where it "could" take society. Some people find it a little heavy-handed and preachy in that sense though. I think it's clever.

The first episode really can leave an odd taste in people's mouths though too, and I don't feel is totally representative of the series as a whole. Make it through that episode and you are good to go. White Bear and Shut Up and Dance were a few of my favs of past seasons. USS Callister this season so far.

From a creative standpoint though, I just think it is really well done. The casting, acting, writing, editing, etc... Just all very solid, imo.
Old 01.10.2018, 11:50 AM   #1915
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

been bingeing on brooklyn nine-nine lately.

it’s okay funny. not mega hilarious or anything but easy watching at the end of a long workday for some chuckles.
Old 01.10.2018, 11:57 AM   #1916
Peterpuff
bad moon rising

Quote:
Like, is it like American Horror Story? Different story every season with different characters, all thinly woven together and co-existing under a loose greater “theme,” or is it just like a regular show, where you follow the same basic story and characters from episode 1 to the end?

Not totally sure in comparison. I have not seen American Horror Story (but will likely watch it soon based on this thread). Sounds interesting.

If anything, I would say that all the episodes are very thinly woven together under the general theme of "technology" in a sense.

Geographically, you could say it takes place all over. There really is not anything tying each episode to the other, besides a few little easter eggs and such. Each episode is completely stand-alone in style, locale, period, etc... You could hop around watching anywhere in the seasons and not get lost.
Old 01.10.2018, 12:08 PM   #1917
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i started watching american horror story and it was brutal, rapey, and extremely dark

so much so that i stopped watching it. not in any sort of scandalized way, just basic aversion to unpleasantness.
Old 01.10.2018, 12:15 PM   #1918
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
finally watching Ash vs Evil Dead. almost done with season one.

Also, watching new Planet Earth II
Old 01.10.2018, 12:19 PM   #1919
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
finally watching Ash vs Evil Dead. almost done with season one.
haaaa haa ahaa! that was awesome!

i forgot to catch up on season 2. iíll have to find it somewhere.
Old 01.10.2018, 09:21 PM   #1920
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
haaaa haa ahaa! that was awesome!

i forgot to catch up on season 2. iíll have to find it somewhere.

Think itís on Netflix. You can order on DVD.
86939495 96 97 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth