Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Anthony Fablo ??
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.16.2009, 07:12 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I just found a painting of his by accident on a google search, and I liked it very much so I looked up the artist and found it is Anthony Fablo. I know nothing about him, but I looked at some of the other paintings and I enjoyed them for an unknown or no particular reason.

anyone like this artist or can enlighten me a bit more? Its only been ten minutes..

I especially like this last one.. it seems to play on the same motif from 100 Years of Solitude, where the town had to put up signs and labels on every single thing because the business of their new modern lives made them forgetful of reality. Garcia-Marquez wrote that in the end, they even had to put a sign in the center of town which said, "God exists." so that they would not forget..

speaking of Garcia-Marquez, I loved that part of 100 Years.. I interpreted the signs to be a critique of a modern city with so many street signs, business signs, labels etc etc. Modernismo novels were critiques of the experience of urbanization in South America, and I thought that the emphasis on having to put of signs all over the town was a critique on the lack of social interaction in a city. In a small town there don't necessarily need to be business or street signs, or even addresses, because you know everybody and everybody know you. If you need to know where somewhere is, you simply ask. In the city, many of us our strangers and so we need the signs to tell us where we are and where to go, where as in the rural towns you consult the neighbors, not the signage. That that had to inevitably put a sign that said God exists, I think is self-explanatory to a critique on the city corrupting people's religiosity, especially in the context of South America.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2009, 07:14 PM   #2
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
"jesus is the most high"

ha ha ha ha

good find.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 02:19 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
bump

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 05:58 PM   #4
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the cubist jesus on the bus is dope

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth