Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Eye Contact
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.09.2007, 09:57 PM   #1
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
I'm really over people saying it's really not that hard to make eye contact.

Do you make solid eye contact all the time? I try to but I just.. can't. It's really tough when someone insists you look in their eyes to ensure you're being truthful.
Old 03.09.2007, 10:03 PM   #2
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
no, my eyes start to water.

that & the fact that its fairly awkward to lock eyes with someone unless you know them well.

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 10:13 PM   #4
Cardinal Rob
the destroyed room

Cardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's asses
I find it near impossible with anyone, let alone reading their eyes.

Cardinal Rob is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 10:15 PM   #5
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisstina
that & the fact that its fairly awkward to lock eyes with someone unless you know them well.
but i can't even do that. for a few seconds at the most i can.
Old 03.09.2007, 10:19 PM   #6
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
actually, the only person i can really do it with is my boyfriend. not even my parents.

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 10:25 PM   #7
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I can do it. But I'm not that comfortable with it.

Try looking inbetween the person's eyes. It looks like you are looking them in the eye.
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 10:29 PM   #8
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
My head involuntarily shakes when I make eye contact. Annoying.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2007, 10:37 PM   #9
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

i have a weird head twitch. it's kind of weird explaining why my head is shaking when i'm trying to nod.
Old 03.10.2007, 10:55 AM   #10
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
It's an abstract thing.. I don't have that big of a problem with it. It doesn't come easy but, I can do it
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2007, 11:34 AM   #11
hotbutterknives
bad moon rising

hotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asses
to be honest , when im taking the subway or on the bus and some weird stranger keeps staring at me, it really pisse's me off
hotbutterknives is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2007, 11:45 AM   #12
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm usually the first one to look away while having eye contact.
Though it's really nice to have eye contact with a beautiful girl you've never met before... Maybe that's because that's the closest I can get haha.
Old 03.10.2007, 12:00 PM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom

Do you make solid eye contact all the time? I try to but I just.. can't. It's really tough when someone insists you look in their eyes to ensure you're being truthful.

well it's kind of like when people appear to AVERT their eyes it's like they are hiding something. if the person looks all tensed up (usually noticed by the tensed up tiny pupil) that can mean they are forcing a stare to get away with a lie.

the trick is to look into someone's eyes and remain relaxed-- hidden cues like pupil dilation will give the message that the other person is relaxed and therefore it's ok to drop your "weapons", ha.

also in tests, women with bigger pupils appear "sexier" than those with pinholes. i mean the same picture of the same woman but with the eyes photoshopped.

usually tough the point is not to have a fixed stare, which can scare people, but to make positive eye contact at appropriate moments to punctuate the conversation. what that means is that you make the other person your *general* focus of attention but don't fix your eyes on them until it's time to make a signal of sorts, say something important/meaningful/etc.

im at the cardealer right now looking at some sales dude look at the people and he talk to a couple he moves his eyes between one and the other & the cars around. interesting thing to watch, kind of like "national geographic". sales people are good to watch because usually they are very good at interacting with people (if they are good at what they do).

well i hope this was useful!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2007, 12:12 PM   #14
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

eye contact is one of those things that can mean so many different things. its can be cold and warm. when you want to flirt a glance and actually making eye contact can be amazing. it says so much. staring into the eyes of the person you desire is often an amazing experience. the eyes are the window to the soul, or so they say.

likewise a look of coldness can kill. eye contact has so many different meanings in the animal world that can be the same thing to humans such as when two people stare at eachother and there will be a fight.

i am a total sucker for brown eyes. total sucker.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2007, 12:53 PM   #15
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i always make eye contact with people i know well, with new people not so much.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2007, 12:54 PM   #16
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I have no problem with that, although generally I consider myself a rather shy person.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2007, 12:54 PM   #17
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I could make eye contact with my boyfriend during sex.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2007, 12:55 PM   #18
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
I could make eye contact with my boyfriend during sex.

if you use a mirror.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2007, 12:57 PM   #19
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
if you use a mirror.

No I can't use a mirror, cause I will catch myself lying, and that is not good to me or the other person in the mirror.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2007, 12:57 PM   #20
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
yo schizo, found this on asperger's:

http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/teachers_guide.html

Quote:
Eye Contact

At times, it looks as if my child is not listening to you when he really is. Don't assume that because he is not looking at you that he is not hearing you.
Unlike most of us, sometimes forcing eye contact BREAKS her concentration
She may actually hear and understand you better if not forced to look directly at your eyes

^^ show that to the annoyos who so insist.

sometimes, self-disclosure is the best policy.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth