Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Cheap-ish effects worth buying.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.14.2009, 05:18 AM   #1
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
I know there's already a proper "effects thread" or something like that, but this is intended to be a sort of "guide" for the best buys around nowadays..

Are there interesting/nice sounding/well working pedals for, say, under 100 euros that you'd recommend, not just "till you save enough for something better"?

There sure is a lot of plastic crap out there, but perhaps something surprisingly good bangs for bucks too..

For those who tried many different pedals for the same effect (like, a lot of different distortions) please share which of them iyo is the "sweet spot" between cost and quality/features. I know this is also a matter of personale tastes/needs, but any input will be appreciated.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2009, 06:17 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Just get one of those behringer amps with 100 built in effects. Seems kinda lame but it comes with a footpedal and the effects all sound great. It's all you'd ever need unless you're into some super weird fart sound.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2009, 03:09 AM   #3
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Ahhh, I see, but I like my things separated.
That's why I don't have one of those fancy iphones and stuff, I prefer to have multiple things each good for a purpose (say, an mp3 player, a cellphone etc etc) so in case something gets broken I'm not too fucked.

So, along those lines, I'd like to get a decent pedal for every effect. Get what I mean?

ahhh mai inglisc is fached.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2009, 02:02 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Just get one of those behringer amps with 100 built in effects. Seems kinda lame but it comes with a footpedal and the effects all sound great. It's all you'd ever need unless you're into some super weird fart sound.

No, those things are a disaster, they sound way too over processed and the layout is way to complicated for easy settings..

I for multi-effects processors I recommend the cheapest digitech products like the RP-80 or RP-200 which have everything you need as well, a bit better sound (though stick to the cheaper digitech shit, if you buy those huge behemoths the sound is shitty shitty shitty just like the behemoth Boss multieffects)

essentially for me, with multi-effects processors less is more. The less features like noise gates, cabinet modeling, etc the better. Straightforward tools like effects, EQ, delay and most essential off all the expression pedal, which allows to adjust things like gain, effect volume/speed etc on the fly with smooth transitions.

or you could ebay a collection of stomp boxs. the essentials being an EQ pedal, a distortion pedal, a reverb pedal, a digital delay pedal and an expression pedal, but even getting great deals you are talking about $250-500, where as with the digitechs you are in the $75-200 range..

also processors allow you versatility, to record or perform without an amp straight in the sound board. I originally bought the digitech because I needed both a wah/expression pedal and a preamp because we were performing straight into the board, no amps, and I needed a good pre-amp.

I use this one, less is more/better sound with these things..

This one is the same exact effects and sound as the smaller rp80 but with a much easier and simpler format to adjust the effects. much much easier to use.. the rp80 takes a bit of work at first to get the feel for its adjustments and personalize it for your own individual sound..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2009, 05:30 PM   #5
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
yall want multi effects say fuck dat fuck dat!
multi effects?

+

+

DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth