Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Drunken music debates with total strangers
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.25.2009, 08:26 AM   #1
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Argh, I think I may give up alcohol just so these don't happen again.
Last night's debate with some drunk dude in the smoking area finished off something like this:
Him: "Listen little buddy, this sign of good music is proving you're a good musician, if you play a F note, it needs to sound like a fuckin' F note"

"No it isn't"

"Ow, I just can't cope wit' you mate, you've got your own... particular... view on what good music is"

"Yes"

"Just take it from me, I've played with and produced some pretty well known bands for 10 years"

"I don't care"

"...........I think I'm gonna smack you soon."

"Goodnight"

Other tales of drunken woe. Go!

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2009, 08:35 AM   #2
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
uuuuuuuh

I discovered one of my present fav bands in a drunken music debate.
I was outside a club with some friends and about to get inside, when a friend of them came along, they introduced me and talked a bit, he couldn't get in coz the manager of the club saw him bringing some beer bottles inside so they kicked him out. My friends were sorry but wanted to go in anywayzz coz there were 2 girlz waitin' for them in da club.

I said, "oh well, I'll stay here with you, I'm not in the mood for loud music". So I talked a bit with this metal guy, and as often happens to me I found out he was a bit on the "insane" side... he had like 200 cans of beer in the trunk of his van along with 6 tvs and tanks of flammable undefined fluid and torches. I found out he had to go to an abandoned industrial site at dawn (like, 3 hours later that night) and shoot a video with his metal band, they wanted to crash the tvs with hammers, draw things on the floor with the flammable stuff and set everything on fire. We talked a lot about music and he made me listen to Shora's "Malval". Great record, I love them now.
We drank a lot of those beers, and we were so happy discovering we both liked many bands (isis, blonde redhead, blah blah) that we started singing and listening to music with the van's door open and people started gathering around the van and PAYING us for the beers instead of going into the club, ha ha. supefun night. Not a big report of the actual "drunken music debate" that we had, but....
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2009, 01:39 PM   #3
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
uuuuuuuh

I discovered one of my present fav bands in a drunken music debate.
I was outside a club with some friends and about to get inside, when a friend of them came along, they introduced me and talked a bit, he couldn't get in coz the manager of the club saw him bringing some beer bottles inside so they kicked him out. My friends were sorry but wanted to go in anywayzz coz there were 2 girlz waitin' for them in da club.

I said, "oh well, I'll stay here with you, I'm not in the mood for loud music". So I talked a bit with this metal guy, and as often happens to me I found out he was a bit on the "insane" side... he had like 200 cans of beer in the trunk of his van along with 6 tvs and tanks of flammable undefined fluid and torches. I found out he had to go to an abandoned industrial site at dawn (like, 3 hours later that night) and shoot a video with his metal band, they wanted to crash the tvs with hammers, draw things on the floor with the flammable stuff and set everything on fire. We talked a lot about music and he made me listen to Shora's "Malval". Great record, I love them now.
We drank a lot of those beers, and we were so happy discovering we both liked many bands (isis, blonde redhead, blah blah) that we started singing and listening to music with the van's door open and people started gathering around the van and PAYING us for the beers instead of going into the club, ha ha. supefun night. Not a big report of the actual "drunken music debate" that we had, but....

Ultimate Rock Win.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2009, 01:43 PM   #4
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Him: "Listen little buddy, this sign of good music is proving you're a good musician, if you play a F note, it needs to sound like a fuckin' F note"

"No it isn't"

how could an F not sound like an F? wouldn't it be another note if it sounded different haha
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2009, 04:07 PM   #5
sarramkrop

I can't be arsed to debate bands when I'm drunk 'cause it bores me even thinking about it, but I have to leave when someone smugly talks about music like they are some kind of gay conosseur or something. I used to have arguments with ex-boyfriends about it, though. That's legitimate, because you don't want the family to be stained by shit taste in music.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2009, 04:12 PM   #6
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
shoot a video with his metal band, they wanted to crash the tvs with hammers, draw things on the floor with the flammable stuff and set everything on fire.
Perhaps my favorite metal cliches.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth