Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Ogfest Festival.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.08.2008, 10:05 AM   #1
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't been messaging on here for a while - not that I really left an impression in the first place, but a couple of you might recall a while back that I was talking about setting up a mini-festival. Well good news is that it's actually happening now! I thought I'd share with you here the OGFEST!

There's not really any huge bands that anyone would really know. The headliner Killing for Company is Stuart Cable, the ex-drummer from the stereophonics, new band. We once had the automatic and scaled the festival up and then they pulled out and we scaled it back down... It's going to be good - all of the other bands are local bands from around south wales and we've got a really great mix too... I'd suggest everyone check out Zonderhoof - and Chapman Baxtor and Circa. There's a lot on there that I think different people would like.
It's all happening in a really small time frame and im shitting myself about it. However if any of you guys can help promote it, work of mouth or whatever, i'd be eternally greatful... Also if anyone want to come - i know theres a couple people from wales here - but everyone is more than welcome to come down for a weekend! :P
the myspace is www.myspace.com/ogfest

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2008, 12:21 PM   #2
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
really, is no one interested in this? i dont expect anyone to come or anything but would like to share some excitement to know how it's going - because of course it could be a failure. Just to be involved in trying to make something happen and all of that jazz.

His Naked Torso
Old 05.12.2008, 12:24 PM   #3
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Fair play to you. There's a very small chance I might nip over for this, but it's not terrifically likely. It's amazing quite how many small festivals there are that I annually fail to go to.

One thing: I think it might be wiser to not specify 'advance sales only', as people tend to take a very laissez faire approach to local festivals.

Still, fair shout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2008, 12:31 PM   #4
auto-aim
the destroyed room

yeah, about 70% of festival tickets sales (for events of this size) are on the day. I don't think it's good either but it's an obligation on part of other parties. One of our problems is that we're organising it on a very short time scale and it isnt plane sailing at all. All we need now is SY headlining.

His Naked Torso
Old 05.12.2008, 01:00 PM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-aim
yeah, about 70% of festival tickets sales (for events of this size) are on the day. I don't think it's good either but it's an obligation on part of other parties. One of our problems is that we're organising it on a very short time scale and it isnt plane sailing at all. All we need now is SY headlining.

You'll do well to keep it local though - if every band brings 5 mates (which, if it's a nice day and not too far for the mates, shouldn't be too difficult) then you could easily shift 250-odd tickets, plus the headliners should bring another 50-100 on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth