Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is anyone up for some rock n roll thrills?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.11.2007, 03:12 PM   #1
sarramkrop

You know the ones.Primitive urges as a caveman might have , but still being able to be ingested by a human being who has got a working liver and an interesting brain.The dynamics are generally dictated by one's working brain but the end result is still in your face because of the amount of passion that you put in it.You aint know shit but the little you know still works to your own advantage, no matter what.Anyway, if you still have that sort of thing left in you, post on here but try to do so in a more appealing way than just say that Sonic Youth,Dinosaut Jr etc rule,because you are simply filling a space that is oversaturated with such things.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2007, 03:24 PM   #2
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
What's being ingested, the urges or the thrills? Dynamics that are dictated by one's working brain shouldn't be expected to be "in your face?" Quiet, but still passionate? Or do you mean something different from volume level when you say dynamics? "In your face" means loud and aggressive? Does this mean that dynamics that are dictated by one's working brain are naturally not loud, but soft? Are we posting links to sound or just typing words? Post in an appealing way? If I have rock n roll thrills left in me? Were any ever there? ??????????????????????????????????????????
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2007, 03:35 PM   #3
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there too hear it, does it make a sound?

Since we are asking stupid questions...
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2007, 04:10 PM   #4
sarramkrop

What's being ingested, the urges or the thrills?

How did you come up with that?I don't think my post implied ingestion of anything to start with, so, way to start something on a confrontantional tone.

Dynamics that are dictated by one's working brain shouldn't be expected to be "in your face?"

Eh?

Quiet, but still passionate?

Whaaa?

Or do you mean something different from volume level when you say dynamics? "In your face" means loud and aggressive?

I meant volume dynamics.When volume is as high as it shouldn'be, you can work on its loudness's 'vulnerability'.If this doesn't make sense to you, i'm afraid i get the impression that you only listen to quiet music.

Does this mean that dynamics that are dictated by one's working brain are naturally not loud, but soft?

Don't know what you're on about.

Are we posting links to sound or just typing words? Post in an appealing way? If I have rock n roll thrills left in me? Were any ever there? ??????????????????????????????????????????

Again, whaaa?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2007, 04:29 PM   #5
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
I was just trying to parse your post. I thought you said we were ingesting urges in the second sentence, but then I realized that you might be referring to the thrills mentioned in the title. I didn't mean for my tone to be confrontational. I was just trying to clarify. You clearly say that dynamics that are dictated by one's working brain shouldn't be expected to be "in your face," but that they are "in your face" due to the amount of passion.

I was just wondering if passion allows for the creation of louder dynamics or if the dynamics are still the opposite of "in your face," whatever that is (I was assuming quiet). So, quiet in any case, but now "quiet, but passionate," which is, in other words, "in your face." As oppossed to "quiet, but dispassionate," which isn't "in your face."

Does "in your face" imply certain dynamics? What is it about dynamics that are dictated by a working brain that would lead you to expect them not to be "in your face?" Is not passion also a function of a working brain? Where do non-working brains enter into the mix?
Old 03.11.2007, 04:40 PM   #6
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

Oh well, nevermind. Mutual internet confusion is really interesting.
Old 03.11.2007, 05:10 PM   #7
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Noumenal, I think you're actually using your brain for your posts, when Porkmarrass' opening post was more a stream of conciousness. That, by looking at now, didn't really have any theory to it.
Old 03.11.2007, 05:24 PM   #8
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
Oh well, nevermind. Mutual internet confusion is really interesting.

Don't worry, i was just referring to a rock n roll contest and not to any other genre of music to which some of what you said can apply successfully.I don't try to intellectualize things much on an internet forum because it's generally filled with argumentative types and not much else.For that there are more interesting settings and people at hand outside here.Anyway, good posts regardless.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2007, 05:43 PM   #9
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
If i understand you are you asking if any of us still have a capacity to respond to primal rock n roll? If so, then yes and no. I have a BIG reaction to it when I hear it, but I doubt very much if it's a reaction that can equate with that felt by teenagers in the 50s, listening to Elvis for the first time. Historical context makes a certain amount of irony inevitable. Sad (arguably) but true.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2007, 11:59 PM   #10
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
norma is just pisst cause virtually everything he says is border line stupid.

I'm sure your english teacher told you the exact same thing.

Stop fucking Porkmarrass' leg. You look like a following douchebag in dire need of acceptance.
Old 03.12.2007, 12:19 AM   #11
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there too hear it, does it make a sound?

Since we are asking stupid questions...
That's not a stupid question though. But I have the answer; How do we know the tree fell to begin with?

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2007, 12:20 AM   #12
Norma J
invito al cielo

Quote:
in dire need of acceptance? with as much as i tell people to fuck off? i think not.

you talk shit about stream of conciousness wrinting...when through this very concept the truth often comes out.

eat my dick...dont just bite it this time.

I have nothing against work which is produced within a stream of conciousness - I had nothing against Porkmarrass' opening post either. But it was clear there wasn't much depth to what he was saying... well his responses to Noumenal's replied posts indicate that anyway.

Telling people to fuck off on this board is Sonic Youth 101 of wanting to fit in. It hardly makes you 'cool' or 'out there', let alone the misfit that you're claiming to be.
Old 03.12.2007, 12:28 AM   #13
Norma J
invito al cielo

Quote:
"cool" or "out there"...who the fuck isnt?

Exactly.
Old 03.12.2007, 12:33 AM   #14
Norma J
invito al cielo

Read over the posts again.
Old 03.12.2007, 03:04 AM   #15
sarramkrop

Quote:
norma is just pisst cause virtually everything he says is border line stupid.

Why do you entertain him?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth