Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Adult Swim seems to take any idea and make it into a show
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.22.2007, 10:41 PM   #1
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I love ATHF. Sealab, Space Ghost, and Harvey Birdman are all pretty good. Robot Chicken can be hilarious. Venture Brothers can be pretty funny. But some of the stuff they make. GOD. Do they know how to say no to a fucking dumb idea?

Some of the shows they have are funny at times, but they mostly border on unwatchable. Tim and Eric's awesome show? Saul of the Molemen? (which I thought looked cool initially)

Don't even say "Tom Goes to the Mayor" to me. Or 12 Oz. Mouse. Moral Orel is a tired show as well.

I don't watch Metalapocalypse because metal just doesn't do it that much for me.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2007, 10:43 PM   #2
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I don't watch Metalapocalypse because metal just doesn't do it that much for me.
Im not a metal fan at all.. The show mostly pokes fun at metal cliches. I think it's really funny
I remember when Adult Swim premired. Home Movies was the first ever shown
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2007, 11:08 PM   #3
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast was one of the greatest programs ever aired on television.

and Metalocalypse is pretty funny, as well.
Old 02.22.2007, 11:10 PM   #4
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Some of the shows they have are funny at times, but they mostly border on unwatchable. Tim and Eric's awesome show? Saul of the Molemen? (which I thought looked cool initially)

Don't even say "Tom Goes to the Mayor" to me. Or 12 Oz. Mouse. Moral Orel is a tired show as well.

With the exception of Moral Orel, I LOVE all of the other shows. Just the randomness itself is enough for me, plus they pull it off so that I am cracking up constantly. Everybody's sense of humor is different I guess. Who knew
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2007, 11:20 PM   #5
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
Quote:
I love ATHF. Sealab, Space Ghost, and Harvey Birdman are all pretty good. Robot Chicken can be hilarious. Venture Brothers can be pretty funny. But some of the stuff they make. GOD. Do they know how to say no to a fucking dumb idea?

Dude, I know what you mean. I have a friend that did an internship with them. He said those guys are pretty strange people, and not really that funny in person.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2007, 03:00 AM   #6
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
adult swim stopped being funny years ago. athf can be funny at times, but once sealab got taken off, the program just went to shit. even the anime they show is garbage.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2007, 03:19 AM   #7
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I wish they'd take off the anime so they could show more comedy.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2007, 12:01 PM   #8
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Venture brothers is hillarious.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2007, 12:40 PM   #9
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Venture brothers is hillarious.
indeedly dee

It seems like most of the shows are based around things I thought of as kids... Like ATHF is born of how i used to play with my food. Frisky Dingo seems like the characters are a bunch of those tall GIJoe dolls (the big white guy looks a naked one even), robot chicken IS playing with toys. And the rest are twisted versions of old school kid shows.

But metalocalypse can be pretty awesome some times. Gotta dig brendon small.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2007, 03:43 PM   #10
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I love Assy Mcgee.
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2007, 04:28 PM   #11
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey alex
But metalocalypse can be pretty awesome some times. Gotta dig brendon small.

that show is great!

I love all of their satanic minions that die willingly for the band.

I wish that I had a big evil castle to live in!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2007, 07:36 PM   #12
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
TGTTM is fucking awesome.
Old 02.25.2007, 01:51 AM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Adult Swim is over.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2007, 04:00 AM   #14
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
stick a fork in that bitch.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2007, 07:58 AM   #15
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
The only adult swim I can tolerate any more is 12 oz. mouse just because it is so adult swim that adult swim "fans" can't even see how adult swim it is. That was a retarded sentence, but such is the topic of adult swim that retarded makes me.

And the best shows on Adult Swim were FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, and Super Milk Chan... aka shit that Williams Street didn't have a hand in.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2007, 04:47 PM   #16
ScreamingSchool
little trouble girl

ScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's asses
TOTALLY agree. All that new stuff sucks. I'm a classic Adult Swim fan from the days of SGC2C, Capt. Murphy-era sealab, aqua teens, even some of the more 'normal' toons like mission hill and baby blues. But now THIS crap they got out...fricking rediculous. Squidbillies is pretty good, though. And oh man what was the name of that one cartoon by Aaron Mcgruder? The one with, ya know, the black kids in it? That one was excellent. Why they let crap like Moral Orel and Metacrapolis I'll never know.
ScreamingSchool is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2007, 12:53 AM   #17
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
All of adult swim's original shows suck in my opinion. Specially Sealab, I really don't know why everyone loves that show so much. ATHF grew on me after a long time, Aqua Teen has really funny humor. That network is owned by a bunch of overpaid nerds who think they are genius.
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth