View Single Post
Old 05.02.2012, 06:30 PM   #42
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonikJesus
It's not that I don't wanna work for being lazy. It's that it gets me down. Like, "this is all people do, just work for a paycheck, go home, and do it again." So fucked up.

If you have nothing to live for outside of work then yes, that scenario is true. If youve nothing to live for outside of work, then having a job isnt gonna make any difference to your quality of life anyway, You'll just havea shit life with money to waste, and thats the seeds of drug addiction, kids.

Kidding aside, Einstein was a bank clerk, just because youre not going to write The Great Gatsby or A Kind of Blue, or even get a half-baked rambling story published in a literary supplement or release a CDr on a tiny record label, doesnt mean your contribution is worthless.

The old saying is "dont try to be a great man, just try to be a man", and whilst I always have problems with these kind of Little-Book-Of-Calm sayings, there is a point in there. The way your economic situation might be at the moment, you might have a straight choice between scratching an existence and a quick, early death through total self destruction.

Having a shit, dull job doesnt make you a shit, dull person.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|