View Single Post
Old 10.04.2013, 07:02 AM   #18003
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
recently watched saló. i had a copy sent to my by the legendary toxic johnny back when it was still banned/impossible to find/etc. that time around it was very hard to watch and incomprehensible to me, but it left a mark-- i knew i was missing something.

this time i got the criterion disc and prepared for like a week: watched all the included documentaries first, read articles about it, etc. only then i was able to watch, and it still took me all of 4 days to finish the movie itself (one day for the antechamber and then one "circle" per day.)

damn.

as a critique of fascism and totalitarian consumerism i have to say-- amazing job. still very difficult to keep eyes on it. between falling asleep and being horrified, it was a heavy homework, and it wasn't "enjoyable" --but it was worth the effort.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|