View Single Post
Old 07.03.2013, 03:35 PM   #13
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
its not a human creation. its not a CREATION.

thats the one concept that i am in eternal war against (and encounter everywhere). all i want is for people to just see the obvious connection with the fact they live in a post christian culture and that they think creation is so great. their are implicit assumptions hidden in our valorization of this concept, in the arts, in politics, in economics. my gamble is that by learning to recognize all the excess christianity smuggled into our post christian culture we can unclog some of the blockages we have.

what you are describing is a kind of loop where you rediscover your rationality through pushing through the cloud of sensationalism. very good. i just think this is another machinic process. im interested in what you are doing but science is going to be able to help me get there quicker than you could if you just sat down with me and told me to chill out and have a spliff or whatever. don't you want to know thats going on in your brain when you are in these trance like states, or states of prayer or whatever they are? don't you want to know what the shortcuts to get there are? im betting that your gut and brain and diet, not to mention environment, over a certain period of time are what made you adept at it. im betting altering those factors and learning how to manipulate them is more useful than the kind of vague, conceptual language you find in religious texts.

anyway. science is not a human creation because it is capable of replicating reality in a way that results unclouded by the biases of our minds and desires are broken. of course it requires our collaboration, and we can 'do it wrong'. but at least with science we know that all our ignorance is merely a lack of data. science allows us to bear witness to realities indifference to us, and then, starting from that assumption, manipulate reality in our favour.

but you have to start from that assumption, not from jesus' hugs. we did that for centuries and centuries and nothing new is going to come out of it.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|