View Single Post
Old 02.23.2015, 09:21 PM   #274
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I've been just blasting Kanye's full discography on shuffle for the past week, and I haven't skipped a single song. His music hits me like nothing else out there, and I think the new album is going to be another album that's extremely good and extremely hard to rank as being better or worse than Yeezus or MBDTF.

I don't even have a favorite Ye album anymore. Everything kills, including Cruel Summer and WTT and just about all the singles and one-offs. If I had to rank I'd put Twisted Fantasy on top, but only because I can't seem to start that album without finishing it.

But real talk, Late Registration, when I'm by myself and really feeling it, is every bit as essential in a completely different way. "Gone" and "Celebration" and "Late" and of course "Diamonds..." It's all fucking killer. And so is Graduation. And 808s, and Dropout and blah blah! He either makes me feel invincible or he makes me think. Sometimes I cry. Whatever, he does things that nobody else can do, and after 8 records, I'm pretty sure we can rule out the idea that this is somehow a fluke. He'll keep bringing it til it's done brought.

lonely day.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|