View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 02:37 PM   #106
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
This is a non-issue. Clearly only hardcore Sonic Youth fans are going to download the leaked copies of their upcoming record. Average Joe Internet doesn't give a shit about "Do You Believe In Rapture?", I'm sure.

I'm not too sure about this... but from my experience, prior to Nurse being released, i knew and heard of several people who were NOT SY fans and were intentionally getting a hold of leaked mp3 copies of that album at least a month prior to the release. it didn't make sense to me, but it was a reality. ironically it was the same types of people who go crazy downloading as much rare and hard to find shit as possible (whether it was live, or leaked, bootlegged recordings) and then want to brag about what they got, those weird hippy Phish-heads with nothing to do are the ones that instantly spring to mind as they seem to flourish in my neck of the woods and remember one dude actually saying "oh i love the Youth! yeah i have that yet to be released new album!!!".

(I vividly remember my friend and i discussing in confusion as to who the hell would say they "love the YOUTH!" without saying SONIC?!?!?!)
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|